ASUS Maximus VII Hero ROG

RAM 16gb G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

ASUS R9 270X DirectCU II 4gb

2tb Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-22D8PB0

128gb Samsung SSD 850 PRO

Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W

NZXT. Noctis 450 Case

Windows 10 professional 64bit

My Cpu is getting really hot 34° C idle and  80°C under load with my Corsair H100i GTX watercooler while using the highest settings. My VRM is idle around 40°C and under load 75°C.

After thinking about I hoped my H100i GTX is broken and ym VRM is not getting any air to be cooled, so I send it back and bought a bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 to solve the problem. It didn't. 

My CPU is now 2-5°C hotter in every situation and the VRM is about the same Temperature but now with airflow around it. To stress the CPU im using CPUID CPU-Z ,for the temperature Corsair Link

and Speccy. 

If anyone got any idea what is happening to my little baby please respond.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Fritz-Hentai said:

First I'll start with my setup:

i7 4790k without OC

NZXT. Noctis 450 Case

My Cpu is getting really hot 34° C idle and  80°C under load with my Corsair H100i GTX watercooler while using the highest settings. My VRM is idle around 40°C and under load 75°C.

After thinking about I hoped my H100i GTX is broken and ym VRM is not getting any air to be cooled, so I send it back and bought a bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 to solve the problem. It didn't. 

My CPU is now 2-5°C hotter in every situation and the VRM is about the same Temperature but now with airflow around it. To stress the CPU im using CPUID CPU-Z ,for the temperature Corsair Link

and Speccy. 

Thanks.

reseat?

Just now, Fritz-Hentai said:

First I'll start with my setup:

i7 4790k without OC

NZXT. Noctis 450 Case

and Speccy. 

Thanks.

Your gpu temps are not bad but the cpu is a little hot.

The temperature should not effect the cpu much but try making the fans spin faster.

If this does not work and you are not bad with a computer then take the cpu cooler off the cpu and check if the thermal compound is not to bad.

• CPU AMD FX 8320E  Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P  RAM 8 GB Hyper X Fury 1866 mhz  GPU GTX 970 Strix 4gb OC  Case Antryx Verom  Storage 120 GB Kingston v300 and 1Tb Hard Drive  PSU Cooler Master GX750 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus  Mouse Logitech G602 and Roccat Kova  Operating System Windows 10

75C for the VRMs is actually rather cool. Their max temp is around 120C.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Wellcome to the forum!

The VRMs are fine up to 90 degree celcius so you are fine.the CPU however is to hot. Make sure you have removed the plastic protector on the heat sink and used enougth thermal paste. Also thigthen the screws until they bottom out.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Ok, I did let the fans spin faster a lot of times with both coolers, but it didn't helped  with the aircooler and the watercooler.
The Corsair watercooler has a preapplied thermalpaste that spreaded really good. Now with the bequiet aircooler I think I have too much thermalpaste, because it was put on in a spiral over the whole contact plate. I did remove the plastic protector. The screws can't be tightend any more because its not possible to reach them, but I tried this with the corsair cooler and they were really tightened to their limit. It didn't affect the temperatures in a way thats worth mentioning.

what kind of load are you talking about are you running games or are you running a benchmark coz that would explain the massive teps under load ? especially for corsair 100i

I have the problem with the  CPUID CPU-Z benchmark  and while playing games like GTA V and Arma 3.

That's hotter than my I5-2500 @ 4.3 Ghrtz.

Although it's strange, my bios temp is lower than the MSI reading. I had a 32c reading in Bios and around 45c in Win 7. I reseated mine as well... didn't make a lick of difference. Running 1.4 voltage.

Set your voltage to 1.3v in the bios and make sure the CPU is stable. 

Also check your Temps again. 

If you like, you can lower the voltage even more until the CPU isn't stable anymore, and put it to the last stable voltage,  but 1.3v is what the 4790k Normaly uses at stock clocks, when it turbos to 4.4Ghz.

Even my 3770k only needs 1.26v at 4.4GHz. 

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Oh guys I think I got it. My Mainboard increased the boostclock to 4.8GHz and the voltage without asking. I'm gonna reduce this to normal speeds and voltage.

Thanks so much till now.

Now I'm at 40°C idle and 65°C under load.

CPUZ.png

I do want to overclock, but my graphicscard is quiet a bottleneck for my PC. I'll by a new one when the next generation is released. (and the board is looking awesome!)