Apple could be in trouble? Potentially?

Damikiller37

Yeah I knew of trademarks on colours that are tied closely to a brands identity, but thats a very rare occurrence. Patenting or trademarking 5 different colours is a whole other level

Yea and it's usually for combinations of colours on the same product.  Should be interesting to see what happens. I mean if Apple successfully sues other tablet makers that have tablets that vaguely look like ipads from 100 meters away in poor lighting then Nokia might be able to attempt this one.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

The color is included in something called a "design patent". One example of this is the D593087 S1. A design patent and a trademark are not the same thing, and do not follow the same laws and regulations.

So you think that a 25 year monopoly is a good thing?

It may be in the USA, here in the UK it's not a patent. Patents are reserved purely for technological ideas. But you do get designs/trademarks as well of course.

Yes, I do think it is a good thing that if you invent something you have the right for it not to be stolen.

Microsoft is set to own Nokia, Apple and Microsoft has a cross license agreement for design patents, Nokia is using this as a marketing campaign for public awareness. There shouldn't be a lawsuit.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch