How good is the Acer Predator XB271HU?

The Salt Is REAL
Go to solution Solved by ANewFace,

Great monitor, it was the world's first in a lot of things, first 144hz IPS monitor, first 144hz 1440p IPS monitor, and first 144hx G-Sync monitor

Has anyone had experience with one? I've heard great things about them other than there being a backlight bleed issue.

Thanks for any feedback!

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Great monitor, it was the world's first in a lot of things, first 144hz IPS monitor, first 144hz 1440p IPS monitor, and first 144hx G-Sync monitor

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Actually, the XB270hu was the first. The 271 was kind of a redesign on the 270 which answered a lot of common complaints about the 270 like the stand and thick glossy bezels. Overall, I like my 270 the 271 comes with pretty good overclocking as well. If you decide to pick one up get it from amazon or ncix which will exchange the unit even if it has 1 dead pixel. If you get it anywhere else you'll need to have a ton of dead pixels in the same area in order for it to qualify as a defect. 

it's legendary o.O

mine has slight backlight bleed in the lower right corner but nothing you would notice in normal use, people make a flack about light bleed for no reason IMHO it just won't really change anything (unless maybe you get a very bad screen with tons of backlight bleed i dunno)...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Honestly, I didn't find it as game changing as everyone on youtube seems to. It's good and smooth but it didn't make drool or anything. 

1 minute ago, gsheph252 said:

Honestly, I didn't find it as game changing as everyone on youtube seems to. It's good and smooth but it didn't make drool or anything. 

14 minutes ago, ANewFace said:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

6 minutes ago, gsheph252 said:

are you serious?! what GPU are you using and what games? also what did you have for monitor prior to that?!

i was on a 1080p 24'' TN panel and this one is night and day...it changed EVERYTHING for me!

i think you got used to it...you should revert to your old monitor for a couple days...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Personally I upgraded to a ultra-wide recently and after weighing in the differences I decided on a BenQ XR3501 and I love it. It's a quite a bit cheaper but on the downside it doesn't have G-Sync. But I haven't had any issues with it and I love it.

Ive got a strix 980 ti oc played a few different games killing floor 2, final fantasy 14, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Arc, few other games I could think of that might test its range of capability. Don't get me wrong I still feel like it's the best monitor I've ever owned but it lacked the wow factor for me that it seems to have given everyone else. 

1 minute ago, ThisGuy010 said:

Personally I upgraded to a ultra-wide recently and after weighing in the differences I decided on a BenQ XR3501 and I love it. It's a quite a bit cheaper but on the downside it doesn't have G-Sync. But I haven't had any issues with it and I love it.

Yea Idk, from what I've been told g-sync doesnt play a big role on high frame rates. Its only really impressive on sub 60 fps

1 minute ago, gsheph252 said:

Yea Idk, from what I've been told g-sync doesnt play a big role on high frame rates. Its only really impressive on sub 60 fps

That's what I was told when I was shopping for the two monitors. I heard from multiple sources that if you have a machine that is actually truly using the 144hz then I shouldn't need G-Sync. This has proven to be true because I haven't had any Sync issues.

Just got mine 2 days ago to replace a dying ROG Swift. It's amazing! Colors are fantastic and it took just a little calibration to get that way. I have a slight bit of light bleed on the top right corner. But it's not bad. I heard that the Asus equivalent is atrocious. OCed to 165hz with no problems. I would highly recommend it!

2 minutes ago, foamygopher said:

Just got mine 2 days ago to replace a dying ROG Swift. It's amazing! Colors are fantastic and it took just a little calibration to get that way. I have a slight bit of light bleed on the top right corner. But it's not bad. I heard that the Asus equivalent is atrocious. OCed to 165hz with no problems. I would highly recommend it!

Also no dead pixels.