Best NVIDIA graphics card on budget to 250 €.

SirPaul

Hi guys,

I currently have MSI GTX N460 and i feel it needs to change :D so i want to buy new graphics card.

The thing is my budget is max 250€ (okay +- 15€) (something around 331$ with +- tolerance 20 €).

I need it for Unity and graphics (Indie projects + some modeling // GTX 460 was quite good and was able to run BF3 on ultra settings), but also for gaming.

I was thinking about GTX 660(214,07 € -- 283,74$ ) because GTX 660 TI is way overpriced from what i saw.

But i would like to kindly ask you for your opinion, what is best to buy, and from what manufacturer.

Thank you very much :) Have a nice day :)

Paul.

what store? And where do you live?

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

how much does a 760 cost there?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

what store? And where do you live?

how much does a 760 cost there?

I dont think you will recognize store, I live in Slovakia - central europe, and yeah i just saw that 760 is about 230 € (304.86)  depends on manufacturer. Whoa, i though All 7xx will be above 250 €, any other ideas ? what maniufacturer and how much RAM should it have ?

I was thinking about GTX 660(214,07 € -- 283,74$ ) because GTX 660 TI is way overpriced from what i saw.

Paul.

You can get a GTX 760 for about 215€ (depends on where you are froum though ...)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Why do you really want a Nvidia GPU?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-ax79703gbd52dhv3

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr795wf33gd

And if you still want an Nvidia graphics card

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx760dc2oc2gd5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx670dcmoc2gd5 --> It's soo awesome and small

Edit: So... umm... you live in Slovakia

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

go with 760 if you want to go nvidia. amd has good cards. but if you have a specific reason for buying an nvidia, then go.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I dont think you will recognize store, I live in Slovakia - central europe, and yeah i just saw that 760 is about 230 € (304.86)  depends on manufacturer. Whoa, i though All 7xx will be above 250 €, any other ideas ? what maniufacturer and how much RAM should it have ?

2GB.

e.g. ASUS DirectCUII or MSI N760

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx760dc2oc2gd5

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx670dcmoc2gd5 --> It's soo awesome and small

Edit: So... umm... you live in Slovakia

eh, yea the 7970 cost 384,36 € which is 509$ and tottaly above my budget :D  .. but yea 760 seems nice. Is there a really big difference between 660 and 760 ?

eh, yea the 7970 cost 384,36 € which is 509$ and tottaly above my budget :D  .. but yea 760 seems nice. Is there a really big difference between 660 and 760 ?

Yes, the 760 beats the 660ti and is almost equal to a 670.

Because you are an ignorant US AMD fanboy ;)

In Europe a GTX 760 and a 7950 are about the same price and so are various kinds of GTX 770s and 7970s.

Because you are an ignorant US AMD fanboy ;)

In Europe a GTX 760 and a 7950 are about the same price and so are various kinds of GTX 770s and 7970s.

And you proved that you're more ignorant than me. if you would have looked under my avatar you would have knew that I'm from europe too and I look at the US prices and I think why the f*ck we have so high prices

Yes, Romania is from Europe

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Okay, Iam getting 760, propably from msi . Thank you all guys, your quick and awesome :)

And you proved that you're more ignorant than me. if you would have looked under my avatar you would have knew that I'm from europe too and I look at the US prices and I think why the f*ck we have so high prices

Yes, Romania is from Europe

Both of u stop complaining! Singapore has the worst overpriced stuff for PC's!

Both of u stop complaining! Singapore has the worst overpriced stuff for PC's!

Don't make me start with mine... we go to SG to get cheaper price.  :lol:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Hi guys,

I currently have MSI GTX N460 and i feel it needs to change :D so i want to buy new graphics card.

The thing is my budget is max 250€ (okay +- 15€) (something around 331$ with +- tolerance 20 €).

I need it for Unity and graphics (Indie projects + some modeling // GTX 460 was quite good and was able to run BF3 on ultra settings), but also for gaming.

But i would like to kindly ask you for your opinion, what is best to buy, and from what manufacturer.

Thank you very much :) Have a nice day :)

Paul.

Why would you want an nvidia card? You could get a 7950 or maybe even a 7970, since they are darn cheap.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Don't make me start with mine... we go to SG to get cheaper price.  :lol:

Australia nuff said

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

760. i respect you are a nVidia fanboy but you should really consider 7970 it outperforms even 770 , but again if you want a nVida card 760 is the way to go

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

GTX760 is the card for you then, but the AMD HD7950 is a much better value card for gaming.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

Why would you want an nvidia card? You could get a 7950 or maybe even a 7970, since they are darn cheap.

7950 and 7970 are above 300€ ....its like 400 $  ..

760. i respect you are a nVidia fanboy but you should really consider 7970 it outperforms even 770 , but again if you want a nVida card 760 is the way to go

as i said above, those amd are too expensive, and Iam not Nvidia fanboy, i had amd, i wasnt just really amazed by support, drivers e.t.c, With nVidia i havent got any problem like i said, today iam running my 460 gtx with Unity, for graphics , and its performing great. But of course it feels, that it is too much on her , or rather, that there are options on market, where i can get, the same thing ++ EVEN more more more performance. My  gtx 460  ran well throughout the years and it worked out its price. I dont want to buy something i will be dissapointed from . I bought AMD and i was in rage all the time.   I just dont trust AMD graphics cards.  

7950 and 7970 are above 300€ ....its like 400 $  ..

as i said above, those amd are too expensive, and Iam not Nvidia fanboy, i had amd, i wasnt just really amazed by support, drivers e.t.c, With nVidia i havent got any problem like i said, today iam running my 460 gtx with Unity, for graphics , and its performing great. But of course it feels, that it is too much on her , or rather, that there are options on market, where i can get, the same thing ++ EVEN more more more performance. My  gtx 460  ran well throughout the years and it worked out its price. I dont want to buy something i will be dissapointed from . I bought AMD and i was in rage all the time.   I just dont trust AMD graphics cards.  

wha? they are expensive? where do you live?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

wha? they are expensive? where do you live?

its up in forum i live in Slovakia . central europe.

GTX760 is the card for you then, but the AMD HD7950 is a much better value card for gaming.

Except for the gaming bundle, it's actually a worse value card. 

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

Except for the gaming bundle, it's actually a worse value card.

Huh?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird