Building a new pc, need advise! Please help!

ak1044

does my pc have 50-60fps on mid to high setting on every games I play such as the division while recording? If not, please tell me, my budget is around 1000-1400image.thumb.png.73ef884309b5a5ae2343370dimage.thumb.png.9d25b1a90f23340df365edaaimage.thumb.png.04a64e1d252eddcb60ad5d88

well yah, this would do almost anything 1080p ultra settings

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

That would be fine for your use, however I would recommend a smaller PSU if you are only going to have one graphics card, around 500 - 600 W, however this shouldnt be an issue unless you are trying to save money. I would also recommend checking that the Corsair Vengeance RAM you are buying is clocked at 2133mhz as some versions are clocked at a lower speed.

Yes it's strong, but if you use PcPartPicker you'll save money and be able to get a better motherboard and/or CPU cooler

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

6 minutes ago, DinoEgo said:

That would be fine for your use, however I would recommend a smaller PSU if you are only going to have one graphics card, around 500 - 600 W, however this shouldnt be an issue unless you are trying to save money. I would also recommend checking that the Corsair Vengeance RAM you are buying is clocked at 2133mhz as some versions are clocked at a lower speed.

this would be my suggestion. Go down atleast to 650w and use the extra cash for a boot SSD. just get a 120gb Kingston or ADATA

I looked over your parts and it should be able to handle your needs very well. The r9 390x is very good, however you could get a different brand like Sapphire as their cooling is more sufficient for the heat output of the gpu. Msi would also be good, but I would stay away from Asus in this case. 

11 minutes ago, ak1044 said:

Here, bit better optimized overall, and it has a 1440p IPS display, you could also drop down to a 380 and get a 4k display and set yourself up for the next gen GPUs

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYms99
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYms99/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($244.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($70.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($127.70 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($294.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($259.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1222.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-17 17:07 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Jason_Tan_ said:

I looked over your parts and it should be able to handle your needs very well. The r9 390x is very good, however you could get a different brand like Sapphire as their cooling is more sufficient for the heat output of the gpu. Msi would also be good, but I would stay away from Asus in this case. 

What he said is true, a lot of ppl from this forum that actually had some experiences with AMD graphics card actually recommend MSI or sapphire instead of Gigabyte or asus when it comes to AMD GPU. Listen to them then you are golden.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well yah, this would do almost anything 1080p ultra settings

but I am planning to get a 2K monitor

2 hours ago, Preuss said:

this would be my suggestion. Go down atleast to 650w and use the extra cash for a boot SSD. just get a 120gb Kingston or ADATA

the plan i had up there was already $1500, and it didnt include a ssd,  i am new to this thing

2 hours ago, Jason_Tan_ said:

i dont know what brand is good, so i kind of randomly picked one

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Here, bit better optimized overall, and it has a 1440p IPS display, you could also drop down to a 380 and get a 4k display and set yourself up for the next gen GPUs

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYms99
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYms99/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($244.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($70.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($127.70 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($294.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer G257HU smidpx 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($259.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1222.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-17 17:07 EST-0500

thank you for your suggestion, i have a few questions about this build, what is the different between 390 and 390x, is it worth to get a 390x? because i am planning to do live gaming on twitch

23 minutes ago, ak1044 said:

thank you for your suggestion, i have a few questions about this build, what is the different between 390 and 390x, is it worth to get a 390x? because i am planning to do live gaming on twitch

On what resolution are you going to play your games on? The 390 is just the same card with cutdown spec. (They both have the same number of render output processors). If you wanna game at 1080p, 390. If you want to game at 1440p, 390X but in this case I would suggest the Fury. Buy from brand like Sapphire or Msi. I mainly recommend Sapphire since they've building AMD cards forever and their coolers are immensely capable.

34 minutes ago, ak1044 said:

the 390 is like 10% slower, and is usually worth the $100 or so saved vs the 390X

and the CPU is basically just a less expensive i7, without the iGPU.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, YongKang said:

On what resolution are you going to play your games on? The 390 is just the same card with cutdown spec. (They both have the same number of render output processors). If you wanna game at 1080p, 390. If you want to game at 1440p, 390X but in this case I would suggest the Fury. Buy from brand like Sapphire or Msi. I mainly recommend Sapphire since they've building AMD cards forever and their coolers are immensely capable.

390x might be the one, i am buying a 1440p monitor and fury is a bit expensive for me 

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

the 390 is like 10% slower, and is usually worth the $100 or so saved vs the 390X

and the CPU is basically just a less expensive i7, without the iGPU.

ok, thanks for your suggestion

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($110.00 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390X 8GB Tri-X OC Video Card  ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Directron)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell U2515H 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($359.00 @ Adorama)
Total: $1500.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-17 23:11 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, ak1044 said:

i dont know what brand is good, so i kind of randomly picked one

When it comes to amd gpus generally sapphire will be the best. Personally I would not go with Asus or gigabyte as their cards run much hotter than the Sapphire or Msi ones do. Also if you cannot get Sapphire Msi is also a good brand. 

If you want to game in 1440p the 390 should be just fine, however if you can afford the 390x it performs slightly better, however they both should be just fine. In most triple A games in ultra settings in 1440p the R9 390 averages at the high end of 60 fps and the 390x will do a bit better.

15 hours ago, ak1044 said:

but I am planning to get a 2K monitor

would probably do fine there on high/ultra :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016