Tell me this doesn't look straight-up beautiful...

Crossbred

But... my boxes...

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

2 things:

1. It looks exactly like a Mac Pro
  2. Their prototype doesn't work. Look at the case ports in relation to the motherboard/GPU ports. Not only do they not show cables joining them, but even if they used cables they didn't give enough room for the cables to fit. 

Don't fund this, unless if they show a basically finished and working prototype.

1 minute ago, Cactusneedle_18 said:

so in your logic if i find a laptop with more power and less battery life (say 4 hours), that difference is worth $1000 because apple thinks it is

LINUS LEFT IT IN THE RAIN FOR 2 DAYS AND IT STILL WORKED

You do know the XPS 15, spec for spec costs just about the same?

so in your logic if i find a laptop with more power and less battery life (say 4 hours), that difference is worth $1000 because apple thinks it is

LINUS LEFT IT IN THE RAIN FOR 2 DAYS AND IT STILL WORKED

CNet threw a rMBP around in gravel, crushed it with a boulder, and put it in a fountain and it still worked, albeit with a broken screen.

And if you can find a $200 laptop with more power and 4 hour battery life you are a fucking god.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

1 minute ago, sushisharkjl said:

Neither do I, but when you're paying about the same I personally would want a better build quality.

Granted the 15 does have a discrete graphics card, which is one of Apple's weak points. 

Edited the post since then. The XPS 15 has an aluminium chassis with carbon fibre parts too. Making it just as good of build quality.

Also the XPS 15 is thinner and lighter than the pro.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Not to say I don't like it but they're asking to be brought down by the Apple OVERLORD Tim Cook. I think Steve Jobs wouldn't highly disagree with this company's intuition on design just because they've no not got any branding anodized on the aluminium 

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

this doesn't look straight-up beautiful...

Just now, TechGod said:

You do know the XPS 15, spec for spec costs just about the same?

i didnt mean specifically the xps, i was just making a point. i would compare a macbook to the asus zenbook

3 minutes ago, Nonco said:

Edited the post since then. The XPS 15 has an aluminium chassis with carbon fibre parts too. Making it just as good of build quality.

Also the XPS 15 is thinner and lighter than the pro.

OK, sure. Now configure one with the same specs as a 15" rMBP.

edit The XPS with equivalent specs costs $2,179, vs $2,499. However, with the Mac you are getting a much faster storage solution as well as a display that is colour-calibrated in addition to a faster processor. The Mac also arguably has a better software experience.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

Just now, Cactusneedle_18 said:

i didnt mean specifically the xps, i was just making a point. i would compare a macbook to the asus zenbook

Even then, the MacBook Pro isn't a subpar product by any means of the imagination. 

7 minutes ago, TechGod said:

He can't. He's an idiotic fanboy. 

Guy has an opinion that is pretty much true, and he gets called this.

Pot...meet kettle.

If anything screams apple fanboy, it is this lol

I like how they say no one has ever thought of this before. Literally none of them guys have seen the Mac Pro. Thats the message I got. They said its one of a kind? lol Oh well still looks sexy and would be an awesome HTPC build.

CNet threw a rMBP around in gravel, crushed it with a boulder, and put it in a fountain and it still worked, albeit with a broken screen.

And if you can find a $200 laptop with more power and 4 hour battery life you are a fucking god.

in the rMBP it isnt that big of a price gap ill give you that. ill admit apple laptops are good for productivity (still overpriced IMO) but there isnt that much wrong with them. except for the straight mac pro dont get me started. the Mac desktops are where the hate is mostly directed.

also a boulder doesnt excactly simulate daily tasks, they are both more than durable for that

And yes, this case looks like a trash can/coffee can. But it's an "experience" as they say in the video lol

2 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

OK, sure. Now configure one with the same specs as a 15" rMBP.

have dell do it, not us

1 minute ago, swordsm3n said:

Pot...meet kettle.

What's your opinion, then? Back it up as well.

Pot...meet kettle.

But its not true...Apple products are NOT garbage. 

Just now, Cactusneedle_18 said:

have dell do it, not us

Did it for you, edited post.

1 minute ago, jpow007 said:

I like how they say no one has ever thought of this before. Literally none of them guys have seen the Mac Pro. Thats the message I got. They said its one of a kind? lol Oh well still looks sexy and would be an awesome HTPC build.

actually i could totally see this as an HTPC, for a workstation/gaming desktop, its shit

in the rMBP it isnt that big of a price gap ill give you that. ill admit apple laptops are good for productivity (still overpriced IMO) but there isnt that much wrong with them. except for the straight mac pro dont get me started. the Mac desktops are where the hate is mostly directed.

also a boulder doesnt excactly simulate daily tasks, they are both more than durable for that

That Mac desktops are overpriced I can agree with.

Just now, sushisharkjl said:

What's your opinion, then? Back it up as well.

Im not a fanboy so I dont engage in these arguments. I just lol at them

2 minutes ago, swordsm3n said:

Pot...meet kettle.

here we are trying to provide a meaningfull counterargument and then whe have people like this. good for telling himk off

Im not a fanboy so I dont engage in these arguments. I just lol at them

So you don't have an opinion, besides that of calling someone an Apple fanboy simply because they don't agree with somebody else. At least have something productive to say, mate.

That Mac desktops are overpriced I can agree with.

and they only use laptop GPU's, its outrageous