Do I use vsync with gsync?

Werdna

no.  Gsync and freesync were made so you don't have to cap the fps.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

1 minute ago, Amazingasian said:

so i need to use vsync with gsync inorder to stay within the gsync range?

Just now, Werdna said:

so i need to use vsync with gsync inorder to stay within the gsync range?

no.  leave vsync off and turn gsync on

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Only if you want to be able to use fsync, dsync, hsync, lsync, qsync, zsync, bsync, ysync, usync, isync, osync, psync, msync, csync, wsync, and nsync.

Jk amazing asian is right.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Just now, Amazingasian said:

no.  leave vsync off and turn gsync on

but when u turn vsync off and ur fps goes above 144, gsync wont work anymore right? it must be within ur monitor refresh rate..?

no you dont want vsync or any fps caps when using gsync

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Werdna said:

but when u turn vsync off and ur fps goes above 144, gsync wont work anymore right? it must be within ur monitor refresh rate..?

no.  gsync eliminates screen tearing so that you can go above your monitors refresh rate without screen tearing.

it doesnt change anything, vsync on or off it's all good...it's always Gsync anyways.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

17 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

You can use V-Sync while using both if you wish.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

13 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

no.  gsync eliminates screen tearing so that you can go above your monitors refresh rate without screen tearing.

That's not what happens. The maximum frame rate is still whatever your refresh rate is. The point of FreeSync and G-Sync is that when the GPU goes below the refresh rate, it has the capability to command the display to lower its refresh rate to maintain a 1:1 ratio between the two. G-Sync does not allow for an unlimited refresh rate without tearing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

That's not what happens. The maximum frame rate is still whatever your refresh rate is. The point of FreeSync and G-Sync is that when the GPU goes below the refresh rate, it has the capability to command the display to lower its refresh rate to maintain a 1:1 ratio between the two. G-Sync does not allow for an unlimited refresh rate without tearing.

That's what I thought. Coz Gsync disables when you go past your monitors refresh rate.

1 minute ago, Werdna said:

That's what I thought. Coz Gsync disables when you go past your monitors refresh rate.

You can change it so it uses V-Sync or doesn't use it when the monitor's refresh rate is hit. I believe that is found in Manage 3D Settings.