Lenovo ThinkVision X24

What is going on ladies and gentlemen! Today I have a review of the Lenovo ThinkVision X24. I don't know if i really have any rights to be giving a review but i will just because i feel like i can.

What made me buy this monitor:

Well one day I was roaming around BestBuy looking for an invisishield for my phone when walking past the computer gaming department there was this super slim but beautiful monitor. I mean this thing was appealing as could be. The display was all neat and organized i couldn't just not stop and look at this thing. Played around with it and said forget single monitor setup i want duo and i want this in my setup

Specs:

Now specs on the other hand are very disappointing for the price it is at right now. I price matched it with amazon for $150 so that cut the price by 30% (i do know computers woot is selling it for $150 as well. Here is the link)

It is a 24" 1080p 60hz "ips" display at 7ms. NOT the best for gaming but if you're playing moba's then its a perfect suit for you. Comes with a HDMI 1.4 and Display 1.2 ports; Kind of standard for 1080p Monitors. This monitor is NOT vesa mount compatible

First impressions:

Didn't want to make a separate sections about this but the packaging is very clean and neat. Comes with a circular stand, power adapter, monitor, and HDMI cord. The setting up of the monitor is easy and no tools necessary, just mount and twist.

I hooked this baby up using HDMI, just until i get a display port. Now after setting everything up i did some 1080p youtube playback as well as some 1080p movie watching. It is nice because the slim bezels makes it almost feel bigger in a way. It is very thin in the back, which adds for a very ascetic appeal. Now the picture quality is dark. By dark i mean like 6 o'clock summer day dark. Not too bad that it takes away from much but enough where watching dark movies or Game of Thrones it's very hard to see. It also has a very noobish color correction feel to it. I know many video editors know what im talking about with like using the stock sony vegas/premier color correction effect. Feels very orangey, and just not an overall good look. I have tried adjusting the brightness on the monitor and on my computer. Can only make a little of difference.

Overall:

I've had this monitor for about a week now. It is alright. For the MSRP price point i wouldn't pick it up, but if you are able to price match it like i did and are looking for standard 1080p monitor this is the one for you. It is very clean and will turn heads. I've played games like: dark souls, naruto storm 4, League of Legends, WoW, and fallout 4, and haven't noticed anything awful when playing with the 7ms but when i have my 1ms acer monitor next to it. I like this monitor, just not at the price point. I will not be returning it or anything like that just due to the fact that it suit what im doing on my every day to day basis. For editing or intense productivity i'd stay away from this just because it will throw your color clarity off and it is just hard to stare at for hours on end.

Conclusion:

Buy it, if you're able to price match it :D

My computer specs:

Gigabyte something motherbaord

intel i7 2600k 3.4ghz

MSI GTX 960 4GB

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

H100i Cooler.

Air 240 case