HyperX Cloud vs Cloud II

I know I already asked this before. But apparently, the Cloud 2 has "noise and echo cancellation" in addition to the 7.1 surround sound.

I don't care about the 7.1 surround sound so I was not willing to pay more for the Cloud 2s because of it.

But with the "noise and echo cancellation", is it worth?

Clouds are 2999PhP here (roughly 63$) and the Cloud 2s are on sale for 3500PhP (roughly 73$)

Do I force myself to get the Cloud 2? Was gonna get the Cloud 1 initially because of the white theme of my PC (and in the future, my PS4 controller).

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

If it's only about $10 usd more, just get those.  USB connection is better anyway.

2 hours ago, Noyu said:

I know I already asked this before. But apparently, the Cloud 2 has "noise and echo cancellation" in addition to the 7.1 surround sound.

I don't care about the 7.1 surround sound so I was not willing to pay more for the Cloud 2s because of it.

But with the "noise and echo cancellation", is it worth?

Clouds are 2999PhP here (roughly 63$) and the Cloud 2s are on sale for 3500PhP (roughly 73$)

Do I force myself to get the Cloud 2? Was gonna get the Cloud 1 initially because of the white theme of my PC (and in the future, my PS4 controller).

Save your money and get the Cloud, you would be paying extra for a shitty USB dongle. The Cloud can do "7.1" as well and you can check your Microphone settings for Noise Suppression, which would be the same thing that USB dongle achieves via it's own software as well. Right click the speaker icon in your system tray, click Recording Devices, select Microphone and then click Properties. You may or may not have options provided by Realtek that help with Noise Suppression, normally it is offered though.

58 minutes ago, Xyes said:

If it's only about $10 usd more, just get those.  USB connection is better anyway.

lol.... Yes, because most quality headphones use USB.... That was sarcasm btw, they don't.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

13 minutes ago, sobe said:

Save your money and get the Cloud, you would be paying extra for a shitty USB dongle. The Cloud can do "7.1" as well and you can check your Microphone settings for Noise Suppression, which would be the same thing that USB dongle achieves via it's own software as well. Right click the speaker icon in your system tray, click Recording Devices, select Microphone and then click Properties. You may or may not have options provided by Realtek that help with Noise Suppression, normally it is offered though.

lol.... Yes, because most quality headphones use USB.... That was sarcasm btw, they don't.

I would also say that USB is my prefered choice when it Comes to Headsets since USB with cheap mobos is most likely to have less interference, sure Audiophiles use the 3,5mm but they also use AMPs and all that

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

39 minutes ago, sobe said:

I'm not into the 7.1 thing, so we can definitely cross that out on the Pros/Cons list,

So far the Cloud 2 is winning:

2vni715.png

Also, if ever I don't like the soundcard, I can always NOT use it right?

So basically I paid 10$ to get the comfort, and get it NOW. As compared to waiting for White/Mav stocks on the Cloud 1.

Thoughts please?

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

50 minutes ago, C0LL0SS0S said:

I would also say that USB is my prefered choice when it Comes to Headsets since USB with cheap mobos is most likely to have less interference, sure Audiophiles use the 3,5mm but they also use AMPs and all that

You fail to account for the #1 issue with the Cloud 2, that shitty USB dongle failing and having issues. And also, no, not for all headphones we(audio enthusiasts is probably best put) absolutely do not need an amp.

26 minutes ago, Noyu said:

I'm not into the 7.1 thing, so we can definitely cross that out on the Pros/Cons list,

So far the Cloud 2 is winning:

2vni715.png

Also, if ever I don't like the soundcard, I can always NOT use it right?

So basically I paid 10$ to get the comfort, and get it NOW. As compared to waiting for White/Mav stocks on the Cloud 1.

Thoughts please?

Comfort is a tie, mic quality is a tie which tips the scales ;) A pro of the Cloud 2 however COULD be the convenience of USB.

Now, if you had to buy the Cloud 2, if I remember correctly it DOES include a Y-adapter if you did not want to use the USB dongle. Now as far as waiting vs getting now, in THAT case, just say screw it and grab the 2.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

1 minute ago, sobe said:

You fail to account for the #1 issue with the Cloud 2, that shitty USB dongle failing and having issues. And also, no, not for all headphones we(audio enthusiasts is probably best put) absolutely do not need an amp.

Comfort is a tie, mic quality is a tie which tips the scales ;) A pro of the Cloud 2 however COULD be the convenience of USB.

Now, if you had to buy the Cloud 2, if I remember correctly it DOES include a Y-adapter if you did not want to use the USB dongle. 

I don't know how good the USB dongle is on that specific Headset, but I think saying that USB with low-mid end Hardware is a better way to go atleast for me. Also I doubt audiophiles would plug in a 400€ pair of headphones to the front Panel connector

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

8 minutes ago, sobe said:

Now, if you had to buy the Cloud 2, if I remember correctly it DOES include a Y-adapter if you did not want to use the USB dongle. Now as far as waiting vs getting now, in THAT case, just say screw it and grab the 2.

I think I gotta give the Cloud 2 the Comfort point, since the headband is also memory foam. Also I've read reviews that the headband on it is actually (a bit) more comfortable than on the Cloud 1.

USB vs 3.5mm, doesn't matter to me. This is more of a hit-n-miss.

Re: shitty USB dongle, I now see where you're coming from. I've read a whole thread regarding this and as I understood, they fixed it with a firmware update called "REV0005" or something.

But, I still see your point. The real questions now would be,

Do I want a White headset later? Or do I want a Gun Metal headset NOW.

(actually I can get a White one for the same price, not worth though)

Karamo

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, C0LL0SS0S said:

I don't know how good the USB dongle is on that specific Headset, but I think saying that USB with low-mid end Hardware is a better way to go atleast for me. Also I doubt audiophiles would plug in a 400€ pair of headphones to the front Panel connector

Why do you have to have 400$ headphones to be considered an audio enthusiast? What about the Monoprice 8323, Superlux HD668, Creative Aurvana Live, Takstar Pro80 (what the Cloud is a clone of), NVX XPT100, AT M40X, and Sennheiser HD558? None of which need an amp and onboard audio is more than capable of driving just fine and are all under $100. Btw, speaking of a headphones in the slightly higher end, my DT990 Premiums are my daily drivers for pc that the headphone amp on my motherboard runs just fine ;)

As for USB though, don't get me wrong, I understand the convenience, but having to pay extra for low-end extras with gaming stamped on the box is not a smart buy. But yes, the dongle that comes with the Cloud is prone to issues.

7 minutes ago, Noyu said:

I think I gotta give the Cloud 2 the Comfort point, since the headband is also memory foam. Also I've read reviews that the headband on it is actually (a bit) more comfortable than on the Cloud 1.

USB vs 3.5mm, doesn't matter to me. This is more of a hit-n-miss.

Re: shitty USB dongle, I now see where you're coming from. I've read a whole thread regarding this and as I understood, they fixed it with a firmware update called "REV0005" or something.

But, I still see your point. The real questions now would be,

Do I want a White headset later? Or do I want a Gun Metal headset NOW.

(actually I can get a White one for the same price, not worth though)

Just considering you can get the 2 now or would have to wait for the 1, my personal opinion with that knowledge considering they are the same headset, I would just grab the 2. As for the firmware update for the dongle, it helped alleviate some issues but did not fix the primary issues users were having with popping/crackling and the randomly dying.

3 minutes ago, sobe said:

Why do you have to have 400$ headphones to be considered an audio enthusiast? What about the Monoprice 8323, Superlux HD668, Creative Aurvana Live, Takstar Pro80 (what the Cloud is a clone of), NVX XPT100, AT M40X, and Sennheiser HD558? None of which need an amp and onboard audio is more than capable of driving just fine and are all under $100. Btw, speaking of a headphones in the slightly higher end, my DT990 Premiums are my daily drivers for pc that the headphone amp on my motherboard runs just fine ;)

As for USB though, don't get me wrong, I understand the convenience, but having to pay extra for low-end extras with gaming stamped on the box is not a smart buy. But yes, the dongle that comes with the Cloud is prone to issues.

Just considering you can get the 2 now or would have to wait for the 1, my personal opinion with that knowledge considering they are the same headset, I would just grab the 2.

I see your Point, I also hate those gaming things, but I meant that USB probably gives you less issues with buzz noise and stuff

15 hours ago, sobe said:

I was not talking about headphones.  This thread is about headSETS.  Headsets using 3.5mm jacks more often than not bring EMI static in the microphones.  I can't tell you how many different people I've had to recommend buy a Syba 3.5mm to USB adapter because they sound like a static mess on voice chat.  

My computer has it, my sister's computer has it, multiple separate friends of mine have it.  Just to give some examples of what were also used: Antlion Modmic, Hyper X Cloud(S), desktop mics, turtle beaches, etc.  USB mics don't bring in static, therefore they are better than 3.5mm.

PS.  I'm not saying to use both jacks in the USB adapter, just the mic jack.

15 hours ago, sobe said:

As for the firmware update for the dongle, it helped alleviate some issues but did not fix the primary issues users were having with popping/crackling and the randomly dying.

From what I understood, it fixed the popping/cracking issue.

Haven't read about the "randomly dying" issue though. ahahahaha

Imma just go to the shop this weekend and see whatever is available.

Thanks for opening my eyes regarding the issue though. I did not know about it before yesterday.

Solved I guess?

EDIT:

Nope

Apparently the Y-splitter don't come with the HXC2. You won't be able to use the mic (if on a PC) without the USB adapter. #sad. Unless ofc, you buy it separately. How about no.

Karamo

Spoiler