Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

The Age of the SSD will surely go on for a bit and I'm looking into buying an SSD myself since I still run on a +5 year old 1TB Samsung HDD

(pretty good though, I actually looked at the clock and it took me more than 10 minutes until I could actually work on my pc...)

I would only use it for my Windows 7 Ultimate and frequently used Programms and Games with long loading times that would improve performance by access to fast storage.

Holographic data storage (all Star Wars Holocron like) still has a long way to go but will probably be one of the biggest improvements of data storage and could bring us into the future with unlimited storage (for that raw, raw, raw material) and speeds never seen before.

But until then we'll have to be able to improve in other sectors like compressing (sad non lossless material ):

Winning an SSD would mean to me that I not only don't have to buy one now, but also save for my big upgrade some more.

Best Regards Me

PS.: May the one win who deserves it. (maybe not even the "better" one)

I will take every old electronics equipment regardless of usability or performance.

Please don't throw away good working products... It hurts my heart.

I want one for my girlfriend, she doesnt have one and everyone should have one because windows startup is so much faster

linux master race.

I need a new SSD because I currently don't own one. I need one for gaming because they're better than standard hard drives at loading and keeping your information safe. Thanks for the giveaway! :)

Because my brother doesn't have one in the computer, and after seeing how big of a difference it is in my desktop, I want to get one for him.

I have an ~10 year old 160GB HDD that is starting to report bad sectors and will fail very soon. It would be awesome to have a brand new SSD with more capacity and faster read/write speeds. This would definitely revive my old PC and rid me of my worries of a dying drive.

To RGB, or not to RGB? That is the question.

- Shakespeare. Hamlet, Act III, scene I.

My SSD keeps crashing. Crucial wont let me file an RMA. So yea. I have had to put 2 new installs of windows. I have had to reseat the ssd so many freaking times.

I have a Samgsung drive but i mostly use that for games.

Everyone should have a new SSD, that is reliable..

May the luckiest person win

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by cookiemelon
Finishing answer
Case: Fractal Design Define R4   CPU: 4790K OVCK 4.7  CPU COOLER: H100iGTX (NOCTUA FANS) RAM: COSAIR VENGEANCE PRO (2x8) MOBO: GIGABYTE UD5H z97x  PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 750 WATT 80+ GOLD GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE G1. GAMING WINDFORCE 970 4GB BOOT SSD: Crucial m550 M.2 256 GB HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2TB  2nd SSD:SAMGSUNG 500 GB 850 EVO 

My 128Gb AData M.2 SSD keeps dying (this is the second time) and I cannot get a refund, just a replacement, so this would really save my bacon :)

Life is short and hard drives are slow. Why are we still wasting time while things can load a lot faster from an SSD?

I'm starting to fill up my HDD, so I would want to move all my most used games onto the SSD to get more space and to get faster load times.

On 8 February 2016 at 7:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age 

Been wanting to upgrade my pic with a ssd my hard drive is the only slow component in there but I haven't got enough money for an ssd, winning would be great :D

I need a new SSD because my OCZ Vector just broke and now I'm stuck with a crappy 2.5 hard drive. Also, if I can get a drive with a USB interface I can externally access my drive and change something I broke without having to carry around a SATA hub.

I would like to have one of these SSD's mainly because all i have have is an old Western Digital 120GB IDE HDD, which has very slow write speeds, I had a Corsair F60 60GB SSD, but it died... I have had to use this IDE drive for the past year, however I can't exactly go out and buy one for my computer considering my furnace recently died, and seeing how it is a canadian winter, and we have at least 2 feet of snow, it would be nice not to freeze... That is why I would appreciate one of those SSD's, even though write speeds are not the biggest deal for computers, it would reallyimprove my computer experience for me, Thank You

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X  GPU: Radeon Vega 56  Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk  RAM: 24GB DDR4 Boot Drive: 240GB SSD  Mass Storage: 1TB WD Blue  Case: Enermax Ostrog  PSU: 550W 80+ Bronze  Monitors: 24" 2048x1152 and 18.5" 1600x900  Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Mouse: MSI Interceptor DS B1Microphone: Blue Snowball  Speakers: Logitech Wired Stereo Speakers  Disk Drive: Blu-ray/DVD Combo Drive

I've been stuck with a slow 5400 rpm hard drive for years and those boot times are crazy long, would love to be able to upgrade to something from this decade.

Firstly, thank you Linus Tech Tips team and Apacer for hosting this giveaway.

SSDs are way faster than conventional HDDs and are not as vulnerable to sudden shocks or drops since it has no moving mechanical parts compared to HDDs. (So many HDDs have failed on me)

You basically get : Speed , Performance and Reliability

+1 It looks dope too.

The 120gb ssd that I have been using for a number of years is somewhat of an inconvenience since my storage hard drive died, having to delete and install a game every time you fancy playing something different is more than a little bit of a hassle.

Have a good system, and the only thing slow on it is the HDD. Being a laptop, one of the best performance mods possible is to replace the HDD to a good SSD.

Well, first off all I live in Argentina and here tech related things arent cheap (Imagine a SSD). And second, im starting University and i will be doing a lot of work with video editing and 3D modeling, so it will be a lot of help to have a few programs in there. 

Grate videos! Hope some day I can make smething similar here.

Thanks

Everyone should get a SSD because it's a powerful reliable device that is the revolution of gaming. They're lighter, cooler, and silent :ph34r: than a HHD, it responds to data faster (shorter boot-up time, quicker search engine), unlikely to malfunction, and gives you that smooth gaming experience.

i would put it in a 2.5 inch external case and run it trough usb 3.1 for reliable data storage for my IT education.

and thanks for puting a video online soon over the dell xps 15 , i have been saving money for it for a long time and i am super happy to hear that my favorite youtube channel is making a video about it :D

410173.jpg

SSDs (and hardware in general) are very expensive where I live. So I'm stuck using a HDD. I will be able to finally remove my noisy front fan to cool my HDD if I win this SSD.

On 08/02/2016 at 1:10 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

My laptop has a 5400 RPM HDD which make system boot and games loading very slow. I'm looking for a SSD upgrade and winning this would really help.

Upgrading to SSD will make boot-up and games experience really good.

Thanks,

Divakar.

I would love to have a fast ssd for my boot drive!

Well I have Kingston Hyper Fury 120GB SSD  so and upgrade to 240GB would be nice :D

I would want one beacause my system is running on HDD's atm and well one isn't even a 7200rpm drive. So well my boot times are a nightmare and I often have long load times in games and other stuff. But the boot time is the worst. And I guess everyone should have one so they dont have to experince boot times as mine. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"