Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I am wanting to build a really good gaming rig but am hindered on price. I've been watching Linus Tech Tips to help figure out what way to go. If I had a 240 GB then that would save my bottom line allowing me to put that into a better graphics card.

I want this ssd because currently the only storage I have for my computer is a 500gb 5400rpm hdd that I took out of my ps4. 

I want an ssd because I have 5 pen-drives that I need to carry around and they are all full of data the worst part is that they are super small and slow I have an ssd in my computer but it only reads/write at 350/300 as it is really old and it is smaller than my freaking sd card everybody needs an ssd because it is a lot faster and convenience than hd that are super sloooooow 

On February 8, 2016 at 11:40 PM, nicklmg said:

On February 8, 2016 at 11:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I just ordered the parts for a gaming rig yesterday, but an SSD did not fit in my budget. Having one would definitely make the machine's experience much more smooth and fast. Also SSD's are quiet and have no moving parts to break, which I guess is cool too.

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Cooling: Corsair H110 2x140mm water cooler

GPU: Powercolor R9 390

RAM: 2 x 8Gb HyperX Fury White 1866 MHz

HDD: 250Gb HyperX M.2 SSD (on PCI-E expansion card), Seagate 2Tb SSHD, Seagate 500Gb HDD (for backups)

MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5

PSU: Corsair RM850

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 White/Black

I have a hard drive which is nearing its limit so i wont mind expanding my storage, especially with an ssd

i realy need a ssd for my old laptop, i have always wanted to buy one, but i never have enough money to finish my laptop. I think everyone shuld have an ssd becase it makes everything on your computer much faster, and it boots much faster too. The ssd dont make anny sounds, so its realy good for a quiet build

Why i want a new ssd is so i can load some games on it so it will run faster and to put my operating system on it. Why i think every one should have one is so they can load there operating system on it and games so they have better performance.

No one should have to wait to long for their computer to open something. Ever. The speed of SSDs is a godsend for every computer owner who has one. Also, you SSDs can be put just about anywhere in your system.

I would love a new ssd, i'm saving up for a build and it would be so nice if i could have a free ssd to cut off some of the cost.

One of my close friends has a laptop with a regular HDD in it and it's SOO slow, I would love to give this to him to make his life so much better.

I'd like to have a SSD because I've had my current 1TB for years and it's bottlenecking my computer.

I will never own another device without an SSD in it. I finally put one in my desktop after loving how fast my surface turned on, and now my desktop is just as zippy. The SSD is full already though lol, it's the good old Kingston 120 gig. They're coming down in price too, soon everyone will have SSDs... 

Still stuck on a hard drive and too being to stubborn to buy an ssd despite actually wanting one

I would absolutely love to have an SSD in my PC because my rig has been fairly slow in performing start-ups and things like that, and the fact that I have a fantastic graphics card and the rest of my system is getting outdated now makes it seem a bit lopsided xD Furthermore, I think everyone should have an SSD because speed is now a common part of everyday living for most people, but the majority of consumers don't have the money (despite their prices going down) to spend on these components, since in the end they aren't a necessity.

I've been a YouTube content creator for over a year now, check me out.

First of all I want to tell you that I am a big fan of yours and Luke. You have changed the way I look at my PC. Like every other kid out there boasting about their knowledge about PC, I also believed that Case is the CPU and it does not have any sub-division. But then I saw NCIXTechTips and learnt about the parts of computer. I want to tell you that I live in India and here the prices of everything is very high. Like a GTX 970~$500 and a PS4~$500. That is the main reason I want a SSD. As I have learnt from you that SSDs make a great impact in performance of the computer, I want that. So I am a 14-year old boy sitting here with a WD Blue with a capacity of 500GB with a whopping speed of 20MB/s. It is accompanied by a Celeron g470 ,2gb ram(upgraded to 4gb by me),geforce 210(installed by me). Basically it is an Acer Veriton Machine. The 3rd reason is that there is no technological advancement in here. Like if i ask anybody in my family about spending money on something that they don't know, they will not allow money to be spent. Enough of that......

P.S.- I don't what PM is or what does it do, so in case I am a winner(which I am not gonna be), can you directly send me mail.

P.P.S.- I also participated in the overclockable i3 6100 giveaway with a PNY 980Ti. So does that count?(I don't think that does)

On 8.2.2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

H

I do not have a ssd in my rig at the moment. To be honest i never owend a ssd and i would love to have one and 

experience the faster loading times of an ssd.

Great giveaway and much love from germany.

I've got an old 32GB SSD running in my Linux box, I'd love to be able to have at least a swap partition for once in its life.

I would like an SSD because I've never had one and my PC takes 2 minutes to boot to Windows. I've been thinking about purchasing one, but I am short on cash.

On 2/8/2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I currently have a 3TB HDD from Seagate. It's decent. Maps take a bit to load. Boot times are about getting up to pee and filling my 1 litre water bottle(never timed it) although all those wicked 15 second boot time .gifs you see on Reddit blow my mind. I'd basically want this SSD to reinstall windows on it, install some key apps and games(Chrome, CS:GO, Punch Club, etc...) And I also think everyone should have an SSD as they keep becoming cheaper and cheaper. I hope I win but good fortune and luck to all

i have a 1tb hdd and would like to see how much difference a ssd can make. unfortunately i dont have dough to invest in a new ssd

On 8.2.2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

I want to switch from console gaming to pc gaming. Since it would be a type of to see if prfer pc gaming to console gaming, i dont want to spend a fortune on it. So i dont have a SSD because they are still expenive compared to normal HDD. But it woul be nice to have one since they are so fast.