Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

On February 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:
On February 8, 2016 at 2:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I think that everybody should have a SSD thanks to the fast speeds. I would like one because my build only has Hard Drives

wanting to upgrade my moms laptop, if i don't win ill buy an SSD but I'd much rather save the money. :P

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Just now, LukaH said:

wanting to upgrade my moms laptop, if i don't win ill buy an SSD but I'd much rather save the money. :P

LOLZ

With the prices of SSDs still going down, and their perceivable speed difference in real-world use being so high, there's really almost no excuse for using a mechanical HDD nowadays (outside of mass data storage, and even then, I recall someone making a massive storage server with SSDs... ;P). I need one for my web/home server that I'm wanting to build, and this one looks pretty nice :D

I mainly want one because I don't have it... in my country ( Croatia ) it's too expensive when comparing to other countrys. I have many of my friends have it and they load not just games everything 10x faster then me... that is also reason other people should have one in their rig.  SSD is not only useful for gaming it's really useful for everything. I always had problems when I would have to use HDD under high load such as verifying game integrity cache and all other kinds of stuff.. I wouldn't be able to do anything else smoothly like usually not even web browsing. 

Currently, I have three ddr ide low end laptops needing a booth drive, but more personally I have a custom build ddr2 destop  with a Toshiba 500gb 5400rpm booth drive as a daily unit, looking to upgrade to a solid state drive for improved performance and new life into my old school system. Typically I would recommend solid state drives for anyone with three features in mind, improve reliability, increase performance generally from a traditional hard drive and as stated above new life into an old school system maybe beneficial.

17 minutes ago, Autin1925 said:

LOLZ

what? truth was told :)

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Everyone should have an SSD in their system. If I get the SSD, I'll be replacing the 120GB drive in my work computer :D

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

If I were to win this ssd, I would give it to my roommate since I already have an SSD and he has slow loading programs to run such as solidworks/autodesk and programs which are a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. 

My pc currently still have a hdd bootdrive, dont have money to upgrade to an ssd, never used an ssd before and would love to win one and upgrade my pc, thanks!

I would like this SSD because I currently only have a HDD but it it loud and slow :( I have also never had an SSD so it would be a new part to experience,

pls

Hi guys, I just saw Linus forum is nice to make giveaways some times.

I be happy to have SSD because life is easy in that way is go in to be like a speed a light compared with my 5,600 RPM Drive.  

My son's rig is the only game ready machine in our house without an SSD currently, so it would be a welcome boost!

I want a ssd because im am.gping to make my first build and this would be a HUGE money saver compared to my other components.

i would love to have an SSD so my games can boot up in no time. It sucks big time having to wait at the loading screen for what seems to be forever cuz its trying to load game info from the dumb HDD.

Looking to upgrade our 2 10-year-old computers, going to a solid-state drive would make a big difference with the new computer…

Thank you advance…

Love your shows…

would love to have this ssd in my system to replace the aging 80gb 5400 rpm boot drive i have  been using since 2007 xD.

Oh i absoutly need a reason to upgrade my labtop i have a acer e5-521 series labtop that is absoutly slower than molasses going uphill. I think a ssd will defiently help the performance.

I personally need an SSD, because the person that is writing this is to poor to buy one and need a faster booting pc. My poor pic is restricted to a slow 500gb drive scrapyard wars style. I also personally believe that everyone should have an SSD of some sort. They are quick as all heck. 

I would mostly like to have an ssd because i never had one and i 'd like to know how fast it really feels

My mechanical hard drive is old and it slows my whole system down. But living in New Zealand they are very expensive and the sizes are small and not good enough to get one.

I really need this as I still have my steam games on HDD, this would really save me a lot of money and I think SSd's is a must for anyone with a Computer of any kind.

I could need this SSD, because I gave my laptop's hard drive to a friend who had a drive faliure, and this SSD would be an awesome upgrade to my laptop!

I would like an SSD; however, I am still concerned about the longevity of SSDs. I still currently use traditional HDDs in my systems because they are tried and true, and mostly reliable. I have been contemplating wheather or not to get an ssd for one of my systems for quite sometime. But after looking at reviews, I still feel that the risk is too big for me to spend $150-$200 for an SSD that has less capacity than my current 1TB HDD. However, I think that this perception could be changed if I had a good experience with one. I am just not ready to spend money on a component that might fail in a week, or might fail in 5 years.  Especially since I have had bad luck with mechanical hard drives as it is, and RMAing a drive is a pain.