Any music producers/performers out there?

Just poking the community about musical minded people and seeing what falls out!
I'd love to hear what you guys have made/written/performed, so either drop a link below, with a description, or PM me if you're shy about sharing your creations with the public so freely.
If you use Ableton or FL, I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge with you!

If there's enough interest in this, I'd love to set up a Skype / Discord group to share ideas/music with each other!

I'm not a producer. I tried making electronic music once and it went completly to hell, so I stopped trying and left it to the professionals. 

However, I am a musican and I have played in a variety of bands over the years. 

My main instrument is the guitar, but I can also play bass, piano and drums. 

I think I have a live recording of myself stored somewhere. I'll post it if I find it, but keep in mind that it's a pretty poor quality video. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

I think I have a live recording of myself stored somewhere.

Yes! Get it, I need to hear it!

Producing electronic music is actually quite fun, if you wanna give it another shot I can give you a crash course in Ableton maybe!

I'm a producer. 

Hardware I use:

15" Macbook Pro W/ Retina Display (2014 model)

Novation Launchkey 49

Novation Launchpad mini (fits perfect in any bag)

JBL 305 Studio Monitors

LG 22MP56 Monitor

Apple Cinema Display

Software: 

Logic Pro X

NI Massive

(soon to purchase) X-fer Serum

FF Pro C

Some reverb and expander plugins and shit

Valhalla Shimmer

I mostly produce house music, but also have dabbled in dnb, and have been doing tons of tropical house lately. My soundcloud is all old wips because I'm working on an album, so it's not too impressive atm. 

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

2 minutes ago, Derpologist said:

I mostly produce house music

Nice, yeah I just followed and had a listen to some of your quick little demos on SC, you have potential man, keep at it!
If you need help with mixing/mastering or anything, feel free to ask me anything!

Here's a little demo of my work: Wildchild

23 minutes ago, Tempest Dead said:

Yes! Get it, I need to hear it!

Producing electronic music is actually quite fun, if you wanna give it another shot I can give you a crash course in Ableton maybe!

I think most people would be happier if they didn't hear.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wR0sKGKDGleC1DeVQ5Rk8xSlU/view

I'm bass player in this clip. 

Man, the sound quality is much worse than I remember it. 

I don't really think I need a crash course, but thank you for suggesting it. 

My problem was not so much creating the music. That I had no problem with doing. My problem was creating music I was content with.

I simply couldn't feel creative without an instrument in my hands. Some day I might try it out again.

Just now, Volbet said:

I think most people would be happier if they didn't hear.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wR0sKGKDGleC1DeVQ5Rk8xSlU/view

I'm bass player in this clip. 

Man, the sound quality is much worse than I remember it. 

Requested access :) 

and yeah, i felt the same way about the creativity side of things, so I invested in a MIDI keyboard. It really really helped!

@dark_xzyph3r comes to mind.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, Tempest Dead said:

Requested access :) 

and yeah, i felt the same way about the creativity side of things, so I invested in a MIDI keyboard. It really really helped!

Goddamnit. I think Google Drive changes its rules every time I try to use it. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Rextor_Death In the City 2008.mp4

I hope this works then. 

I do own a MIDI keyboard, but I mostly use that for writting piano parts for songs.

Just now, Volbet said:

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

I feel your pain. SO much pain. 

From what I can hear in the video, you played the tits off that bass! The band actually sounds pretty damn good, so much distortion though. That poor mic. :(
Have you tried routing you bass through your PC? to allow a little more creative freedom.

12 minutes ago, Tempest Dead said:

I feel your pain. SO much pain. 

From what I can hear in the video, you played the tits off that bass! The band actually sounds pretty damn good, so much distortion though. That poor mic. :(
Have you tried routing you bass through your PC? to allow a little more creative freedom.

I have tried recording both guitars and bass with them being directly connected to the PC and then altered and distorted with plugins in Reaper.

But it never really sounded good to me. I always prefered recording with a live amp and I pretty much only use plugins today to test out amp setups before I buy or rent them. 

And I guess the distortion is what you get for trying to live record with a handycam in 2008.

Just now, Volbet said:

I always prefered recording with a live amp

Well yeah, emulated solutions will never have the same quality as the real thing :P
What I meant was using the raw guitar input and a few tools to convert audio into midi so you can essentially perform piano parts on a guitar and have it be converted to midi for use on other instruments, to gain that creative freedom back :)