Mentally Challenging PC games - Help

Dear loyal subjects,

My partner isn't very interested in videogames. She doesn't go in for shooters or RPGs or builders etc. She doesn't like violence, and she is easily bored by many of the concepts found in video games. She even got annoyed and stopped playing Portal because she got irritated by GLaDOS' "Stupid voice". There is one genre she does enjoy though and that is puzzle games.  (That's why I suggested Portal). But every single puzzle game she has tried she says is easy, or not very mentally challenging where the only difficulty the developer has slapped on was a time limit.

Strangely the only videogame that has really captivated was 'Zork', she didn't mind the black screen and the white text. She enjoyed the difficulty and the reliance on visualising the scene and the problem in her head. (Something you do with maths a lot)

She is a Chemistry and Maths student at a very top university and loves her subjects, she wants to play video games with me because she loves me and I want to include her in this amazing hobby we all share. Guys and girls, can you help me? I need to find for her a mentally challenging game, that hopefully requires you to use complicated maths, logic or deduction or anything that is more challenging than sliding blocks and solving mazes, I want to show her that modern video games aren't all about killing and shooting.

Thank you :)

Maybe SpaceChem, if she's not averse to something that reminds her of her regular work. It's not expensive to test, since the game is on sale for 0.99€ right now.

Or if she's into history at all, maybe some of the Paradox grand strategy games. They're certainly cerebral, though they're not puzzle-based at all.

Theorycrafting perfect WoW builds and D3 attack speed breakpoints.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It's not on PC (Unless you count emulators), but Professor Layton on the DS and 3DS (there are like 5 games in the series now) is really fun. Maybe not super challenging sometimes, but some really clever puzzles are in there

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

maybe The Witness, but I don't know if it's more than solving mazes and sliding blocks, because it seems all the puzzles consist of that, but there can be some very challenging puzzles in the game or so I heard

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Antichamber. It just fucks with your mind.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub