New solar cell advancement= AWESOME EFFECIENCY! :D

Keystone Nyan Cat

Source- http://phys.org/news/2013-09-stacked-solar-cells-energy-suns.html

Stacked solar cells are currently the most efficient cells on the market, converting up to 45 percent of the solar energy they absorb into electricity.

But a new discovery will allow solar cell manufacturers to create stacked solar cells that can handle high-intensity solar energies without losing voltage at the connecting junctions, potentially improving conversion efficiency to better than 45 percent. ''This should reduce overall costs for the energy industry because, rather than creating large, expensive solar cells, you can use much smaller cells that produce just as much electricity by absorbing intensified solar energy from concentrating lenses. And concentrating lenses are relatively inexpensive," Bedair says.

My take- SCIENCE  FTW! This can be a really good pathway towards implemeting such tech on a larger scale given that its now cheaper to deploy and the setup costs can be covered faster. This can be a real boon in developing countries where most energy comes from non renewable sources as now banks and other institutions will be willing to invest in this tech as the time taken to recover the costs will now be much lower.

PC in Profile

Please at least post the source if you are just going to copy paste your news post:

http://news.ncsu.edu/releases/wms-bedair-junction-2013/

-EDIT-

Source has now been added.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

how come that you don't have the New Reporter badge? ;O @Slick give this man his badge of honor :P 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

how come that you don't have the New Reporter badge? ;O @Slick give this man his badge of honor :P

He should not! Copy pasting a news website should not be considered helping the forum. He should get one if, he adds original content too the article, sets quoted text in quote tags and adds his source.

He should not! Copy pasting a news website should not be considered helping the forum. He should get one if, he adds original content too the article, sets quoted text in quote tags and adds his source.

Sorry, didn't realized he copy and pasted it 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Please at least post the source if you are just going to copy paste your news post:

http://news.ncsu.edu/releases/wms-bedair-junction-2013/

I completely forgot to do so. Thanks for pointing that out!

Sorry, didn't realized he copy and pasted it

I summarize the content by pulling out highlight sentences, not copy pasting the full blog, but thats a good point nonethelss. I'll try to incorporate my own summary where possible instead of pulling sentences. Thanks! :)

PC in Profile

when can i buy my solar powered Tesla car?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Who cares how the information is presented honestly. Good lord. . Its there. Read it. Want to learn more Google it. Not hard.

when can i buy my solar powered Tesla car?

Right now.  Have SolarCity install some panels on your roof to charge your supercharger.  Widespread availability is literally 15-20 years away, which is great because by then I should have my student loan debts payed off.  :D

Right now.  Have SolarCity install some panels on your roof to charge your supercharger.  Widespread availability is literally 15-20 years away, which is great because by then I should have my student loan debts payed off.  :D

i was hoping for a Tesla with solar panels on the roof, the trunk and the "frunk", this should reduce the amount of batteries needed and reduce cost. Mine would be black so the panels can blend in with the car's color.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I think solar energy will be a big part of the future as stars are fueled by one of the most powerful and efficient reactions in nature. Cost reductions in green technology will help push it into the relm of feasibility over non renewables. When the scales tip we could see humanity take a big leap in sustanibility

Who cares how the information is presented honestly. Good lord. . Its there. Read it. Want to learn more Google it. Not hard.

I don't even care what people here have to say, I click on the article.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Linus cares, He pointed out multiple times in the WAN show to always add source and add you own text.

And copyright also cares :P

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Copyright and Plagiarism cares.

Linus cares, He pointed out multiple times in the WAN show to always add source and add you own text.

And copyright also cares :P

I get what your saying, but you guys are treating this like a court case. lol 

First of all.  The OP isn't selling anything or claiming that its his article. Nor did he claim that he developed the tech used for the panels. So copyright my ass. that dont mean anything here on the forums.

2nd of all what the hell does linus have to do with a dude posting his opinion on something? Its a forum for discussion. This politically correct bullshit drives me crazy. 

I get what your saying, but you guys are treating this like a court case. lol 

First of all.  The OP isn't selling anything or claiming that its his article. Nor did he claim that he developed the tech used for the panels. So copyright my ass. that dont mean anything here on the forums.

2nd of all what the hell does linus have to do with a dude posting his opinion on something? Its a forum for discussion. This politically correct bullshit drives me crazy. 

I think you missed the point, he posted without source, and with a news article you should always post the source especially when you directly copy paste most of the text.

Posting without source is plagiarism no matter where you post it and some new sites do take it seriously, And just wait till you go to UNI and you will learn the hard way to always add source.

Linus has always said during the WAN show that he doesn't want the forum to get a reputation for stealing articles.

And It's actually encouraged to post your own opinion, like you said, try to start a discussion about the topic at hand.

Also, I am probably the least politically correct person on here when it comes to copyright, but when its easy and free to play by the rules then I don't see a reason not to.

This is the last post I'll make on this subject as we are derailing this topic and the initial problem is fixed anyway as the OP added source after we notified him.

Guys, chill out! I just forgot to put the source but now its been added! Lets think about pink unicorns with gattling guns and just stop this argument! :lol:

PC in Profile