I have in mind to order in a few days this rig:

Intel i5 6600k

Asus Z170-Pro

GTX 970 Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming

Corsair RM750x

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz

24" BenQ XL2411Z

Corsair Hydro Series H60

I think that the GPU's are being released in the first quarter this and I don´t know if I should invest on this one knowing that new GPU's are on their way

Can you wait?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

Can you wait?

I can, I'm not that desperate to get a new PC, just that I have a current budget and I need a good upgrade from my old PC

Yes, typically you shouldn't wait, but this next line of GPUs is going to be substantial leap.

Just get the whole system without a GPU for now if you want. Or if you have the budget, you can get like a 750ti or 950 to hand down as a stop-gap solution. 

Normally you shouldn't wait. But it's an architecture and manufacturing process leap this time, should be a good improvement. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

11 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

Yes, typically you shouldn't wait, but this next line of GPUs is going to be substantial leap.

Just get the whole system without a GPU for now if you want. Or if you have the budget, you can get like a 750ti or 950 to hand down as a stop-gap solution. 

5 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Normally you shouldn't wait. But it's an architecture and manufacturing process leap this time, should be a good improvement. 

Prove it!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Prove it!

Prove what?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Prove it!

Change in the VRAM and Nanometer manufacturing doesn't come with out performance differences. 

Buying a 1070 won't have a 300% benefit over a 970, that's not how they sell GPU's. It'll be around how powerful the 970 is compared to the 770 today, which isn't much of a fair comparison since nVidia left Fermi to die. I'd recommend buying a PC now, enjoying it, then buying a new GPU later this year if you want. 

Also, Pascal and Polaris will not be launched in the first quarter. nVidia wouldn't slaughter the profit machine that the 980ti is that quickly. 

I used to be quite active here.

4 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Prove what?

That the performance increase is substantial.

2 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

Change in the VRAM and Nanometer manufacturing doesn't come with out performance differences. 

Yeah, yeah...:dry:

I was really just hoping one of you had some leaked info or something that could get me excitied.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

That the performance increase is substantial.

Yeah, yeah...:dry:

I was really just hoping one of you had some leaked info or something that could get me excitied.

i said it should be

Spoiler

THE PEOPLE DEMAND SPECS! BENCHMARKS! PICTURES!

The only recent news I've heard is about NVidia delaying.