What is the best piece of technology you ever bought?

3570tech

Galaxy Nexus, it saw the advent of Jelly Bean and the immense leap forward that the Android experience went through at that time.

ASUS N56VJ

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

My best tech purchase in the past six months: Nexus 7 and chromecast

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Good peripherals and monitor. They make the computer experience so much better!

I used a cheap logitech keyboard and mouse combo and a cheap acer monitor with my 3930k w/ 32gb of ram system for over a year before I bought a proper 1440p monitor and a k90 and g700.  :unsure:

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

My monitor. Asus PB278Q. Very expensive but it was certainly worth it

XFX radeon 7870 xt

Its limited edition

Kind of off topic, but i'm curios as to why a lot of people have separate computers for separate uses, couldn't you just put your 7870 in your editing rig for gaming and keep the 660ti as a cuda card, and put the ram in there too giving you 16gb total?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

not as big as some may think, but the leading contenders for me are:

cz33_1.jpg

two of these, 32GB, one blue one pink, for $14 each from the local walmart like 6 months back.  Way good deal from a walmart, and they are awesome for the price!

my Q9650 CPU, it's a core 2 series quad core 3GHz lga775, one of the fastest and best LGA775 cpus intel ever made, the extreme version was the world record holder for computing speed for quite some time...  I got this for $50 at a resale shop and it is now in my main PC at 3.6GHz, ever since I had to sell off my phenom II x6 for rent money a few months back.

My $100 (at the time, it's been a while) OCZ agility III 60GB.  Still using it for my OS drive to this day, and it's still super-awesome.   FYI the only problem with this drive is recovering from sleep mode, something my PC never does so I am not concerned.

My unicomp customizer 104 raven black.  Unicomp bought the buckling spring key mechanism patent from IBM/lexmark some years back and still make the actual buckling spring keyboards, brand new.  This one is model M design almost entirely, but with winkeys and a USB interface.

A used Lian-Li PC60 V1 case with window, which I have modded for two 80mm rear fan holes.  I got it for $10 at a resale shop, and it's in almost pristine condition, it is just missing the little front panel connector box, I plan on making one of my own.  My computer is low heat low noise low power, so this case has plenty of ventillation for my needs with the 2x80 exhaust.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

A wii u

lol I knew someone would post that :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

Kind of off topic, but i'm curios as to why a lot of people have separate computers for separate uses, couldn't you just put your 7870 in your editing rig for gaming and keep the 660ti as a cuda card, and put the ram in there too giving you 16gb total?

the editing rig is mainly used by my father, he needs the horsepower more then i do especially for his job. he is upgrading the rig and when i say he i mean he will make me do it and hopely i get the i7 and ill throw the other crap into my half dead mothers pc.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My wireless mouse and wired keyboard, laptop keyboard sucks and track pads overall are horrible D:

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

Went from a crappy 4:3 Medion monitor to my current Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ. It's a 120Hz screen with a not so great TN panel but I think, due to the massive upgrade/improvement, it's one of the best tech purchases I've made.

My best purchase though, has to be the upgrade from the dreadful Roccat Kave 5.1 to the absolutely amazing Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm.

So basically my best and biggest upgrades and improvements have been the best purchases.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

my Logitech G500. I cannot tell you how much use I have gotten out of that mouse. I dont know if I would buy another one, but I am not afraid to recommend one.

My 55in Samsung LED HDTV

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 7 months later...

What's the tech invention you can't live without? Comment bellow.

Computer

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Computer

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Cell phones.

Living without one would make my job and school much more difficult.

I guess the same thing can be said about computers.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The computer keyboard/typewriter. Mostly due to personal issues with my handwriting.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Computer

E-Dolls (don"t have any, but if I would, I wouldn't go out of my house)

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold