Have you made & Posted a video to youtube before?

big_lilo

Hey guys... I bought a ultrawide 34 LG 34UM95 (3440x1440) a week ago mainly for games but every review i've ever watched about any ultrawide I always heard them say "AMAZING FOR CONTENT CREATORS AND EDITING" and I would have to agree with that statement! the timeline of video editing software or audio even on a ultrawide is AWESOME!

I am by no means a 'Content creator' but I do like fiddling around with software and learning new things like PS and Corel studios (i work in IT Hardware by trade)

I bought a fake GoPro last year (SJCAM 5000) and when ever i could I would record memroable moments and put together this video :)

My question to you guys... have you made a video before? if so!... POST IT HERE :) would like to see what others have made :)

Thanks for reading/watching

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

I have edited videos before (and I agree that 21:9 monitors are awesome for that), but non of the things I have edited has ended up on YouTube.

The only videos I have posted to YouTube are unlisted and has only served as an easy way to share a video with friends or becuase I needed the video as en example. 

I pretty much have the imagination of a goldfish and the personality of wet cardboard, so I'm not really cut for making YouTube videos.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

I pretty much have the imagination of a goldfish and the personality of wet cardboard, so I'm not really cut for making YouTube videos.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's hysterical! 

but i'm pretty sure you're just being a little hard on yourself lol

I have made some videos for youtube. Although I get kind of lost for words sometimes. When I rewatch some of my videos I go a solid 4 minutes without talking (which is bad IMO) guess I need to work on saying what im thinking while playing video games :P.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

16 minutes ago, Cvdasfg said:

I have made some videos for youtube. Although I get kind of lost for words sometimes. When I rewatch some of my videos I go a solid 4 minutes without talking (which is bad IMO) guess I need to work on saying what im thinking while playing video games :P.

def. gotta talk! sometimes it's the best part of watching game play :)

30 minutes ago, big_lilo said:

def. gotta talk! sometimes it's the best part of watching game play :)

I agree! But for me especially playing games I havent played before ( trying to figure new things out ) I seem to find myself thinking in my head instead of saying my thoughts outloud. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

11 minutes ago, Cvdasfg said:

I agree! But for me especially playing games I havent played before ( trying to figure new things out ) I seem to find myself thinking in my head instead of saying my thoughts outloud. 

Have you ever watched DashieGames on youtube??? he had me on the floor laughing so hard playing FPS cuz he's terrible and he knows it

I have, but they are pretty crappy. If you want some cringe, I present to you my very first video:

(please rate) xD

TOP lists are way too popular, even if dislike to like ratio is crap.
And I have one guide witch actually helped for people, so that's nice.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

This went through Premiere... didn't really do anything special to it there though aside from syncing the audio with the mocap.
And yes, 3440x1440 is amazing for any kind of productivity work. working in maya, blender or whatever has been completely amazing since I got my ultrawide. Couldn't possibly go back now.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

As a matter of fact I have made videos. Vlogs, lets plays, walkthroughs, rants, amvs, reviews, unboxings, top tens and more besides. You name it, I tried it. In my time I probably posted upwards of a thousand videos. My unbound drive to create stuff was unfortunately left wanting when it came to the execution. All of those videos are deleted. Because they all made me cringe. And I sure wasn't about to subject other people to it.

I'll probably get back to it whenever I find a format and subject that suits me and I've gained some confidence.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 hours ago, JuztBe said:

I have, but they are pretty crappy. If you want some cringe, I present to you my very first video:
TOP lists are way too popular, even if dislike to like ratio is crap.
And I have one guide witch actually helped for people, so that's nice.

dude.. that video is not cringe, its fucking awesome!

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm not the only one this has happened too, apparently.  I call it the wacky waving inflatable tube man glitch.

I've had something similar happen while playing starwars battlefront but that leg extension is amazing on yours hahaha 

I used to upload a lot, and the videos were actually pretty decent iirc, but then stuff happened that I am culpable for and they were deleted. This was a recent one that I uploaded and included in one of my posts in the 'gaming screenshots' thread. Skip to 2:15 to get to the fighting and skip to 1:25-ish to watch men jump on each other. 

Once when I was a wee lad (12), I made a 30 second video on youtube which was taken down because of copyright infringement on the music. I haven't uploaded a video since then and I still have the copyright strike against my profile even though it was 8 years ago now

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Yes, this is much better than what I could do and I edit quite a bit.  In fact, well I don;t improve much I suppose I could do this.  If this is your first time editing then this is better than decent.  Some of my friends are ridiculous

I usually never speak...

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

3 hours ago, Qyndryx said:

Yes, this is much better than what I could do and I edit quite a bit.  In fact, well I don;t improve much I suppose I could do this.  If this is your first time editing then this is better than decent.  Some of my friends are ridiculous

Aww thanks man :) i have about 10 videos posted.  most were tutorials or videos of me holding a camera and talking about what i did and how i did it. So not much 'editing' but all of it was me messing around figuring stuff out and watching some tutorials on YT how to do some stuff :) 

But yeah i had like hours of random footage and i really liked seeing those GoPro videos so i figured I'd try it :) took me a little while but honestly i was smiling the whole time reminiscing.