MIgrating Raid 0 to another MOBO with same z87 chipset

LDG

I created a raid 0 SSD on a MSI Z-87 G-45 Gaming before, then I wanted to transfer it to a MAXIMUS Gene VI both with same chip-set z87.

My question is will the new board recognize the old setup or do I have to do a new raid setup again?

Currently right now I'm backing up my raid 0 data to a HDD just in case.

Thanks for any help..

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

2 minutes ago, LDG said:

I created a raid 0 SSD on a MSI Z-87 G-45 Gaming before, then I wanted to transfer it to a MAXIMUS Gene VI both with same chip-set z87.

My question is will the new board recognize the old setup or do I have to do a new raid setup again?

Currently right now I'm backing up my raid 0 data to a HDD just in case.

Thanks for any help..

If it's the same RAID controller (not sure about the gene board) you should be able to re-create the RAID configuration but honestly, I'd just do it from scratch.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Yep, it should be fine. The intel controller stuff should recognize the meta data on the raid array and it should be able to rebuild it. And if that doesnt work you could theoretically also mount the array in linux using mdam(or whatever its called) seeing as that also can recognize the data on the drives.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

I would just migrate the data onto another system and then recreate the RAID.

Just transferred the raid array this day. Automatically the chipset detected the raid setup no need to transfer my backup Yay! xD:D9_9

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU