Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset - Unboxing and Review

Matthias2556

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BknyV3n2SOc

This is in my opinion the best Headset in the $50-$60 range, but is it the headset for you? check it out.

Pricing and availability: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-981-000541/dp/B00BFOEY4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378433446&sr=8-1&keywords=g230

this is on sale for 40 bucks right now 0_0

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Its been on sale for a couple of months now, and In my opinion its one of the harder Logitech headsets to break in, only after about a month of use it is starting to get soft.

yes there is a bit of a break in period, ive had these for a couple of weeks, and their still a little hard, but I really like the materials they used for the earcups, and they don't squeeze your head

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

They sound great and are very affordable. My only gripe is the mic volume, I have to use a mic boost just for anyone on the other end to hear me at all. And sometimes I wish they didn't swivel so easily. The build quality is great though, you really can't do much better for $40. I was going for the G430 at first, but decided to get these because they cost a lot less and they match my computer color scheme.

They sound great and are very affordable. My only gripe is the mic volume, I have to use a mic boost just for anyone on the other end to hear me at all. And sometimes I wish they didn't swivel so easily. The build quality is great though, you really can't do much better for $40. I was going for the G430 at first, but decided to get these because they cost a lot less and they match my computer color scheme.

I just turned up my mic boost in windows and what ever program Im using and that seems to make it work.

Good review, could of maybe spent a bit more time on it but it was good.

I don't like the red styling on these, it sucks when you want a colour themed build.

Good review, could of maybe spent a bit more time on it but it was good.

I don't like the red styling on these, it sucks when you want a colour themed build.

Wish it came in blue.

Building a PC: check it out here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qvon

Wish it came in blue.

If it had come in grey blue or black then it would be a serious contender. ATM I'm going with the corsair 1300 headset just because it looks damn cool. Little bit annoyed about the blue ring.

If it had come in grey blue or black then it would be a serious contender. ATM I'm going with the corsair 1300 headset just because it looks damn cool. Little bit annoyed about the blue ring.

I used to like that until i heard bad things about it, although i'm not really sure. What do you thing?

I used to like that until i heard bad things about it, although i'm not really sure. What do you thing?

You know what's funny, I actually just went into a Noel Leeming and they had the G230. The red on it is not nearly as extreme as I though and the general look looks quality. It seems like it could actually be not too bad.

They match my colour scheme and my pc speakers are Logitech but the corsair do look nicer IMO but still, its 20 dollars more and that blue ring bit...

I better not spend as much time on a headset than my bloody pc build.

You know what's funny, I actually just went into a Noel Leeming and they had the G230. The red on it is not nearly as extreme as I though and the general look looks quality. It seems like it could actually be not too bad.

They match my colour scheme and my pc speakers are Logitech but the corsair do look nicer IMO but still, its 20 dollars more and that blue ring bit...

I better not spend as much time on a headset than my bloody pc build.

Hah feel the same way, might just get a headset and a modmic, or a gaming headset and dedicated Music headset. Might relook at the 1300 though.

Hah feel the same way, might just get a headset and a modmic, or a gaming headset and dedicated Music headset. Might relook at the 1300 though.

If only NZ had something like a mod mic.

Wish it came in blue.

The red ones are $39.99 but if you step up to $79.99 and get the G430 they are a better build, blue, 7.1 and my next headset pickup.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset?WT.mc_id=AMR_DR_Q2_FY14_SERP&WT.srch=1&ci=0

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The red ones are $39.99 but if you step up to $79.99 and get the G430 they are a better build, blue, 7.1 and my next headset pickup.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset?WT.mc_id=AMR_DR_Q2_FY14_SERP&WT.srch=1&ci=0

Exactly the same build quality as the G230. You're paying $79.99 for 7.1 and Blue.

Exactly the same build quality as the G230. You're paying $79.99 for 7.1 and Blue.

From the two I saw they felt completely different build wise.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

From the two I saw they felt completely different build wise.

Strange since they are exactly the same build, minus the  2 things i mentioned.

yeah the g430 is essientially the g230s with a usb sound card that gives it surround sound. and its blue. that's the only difference.

Still think Steelseries Seberia v2 or corsair 1XXX series are the best sounding budget headsets on the maket. Off cause with a prober soundcard.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz