I need 200+ fps in minecraft on a tight budget

Creeper1372677

What should i get?

would a 740 2gb be enough?

I am using a 610 now.

i get 7 fps with a shaders mod.

610 should be fine, upgrading your processor and adding more ram would probably be more useful for java based games

Why do you need 200 fps in minecraft? I can hit 200 fps at 4k (everything maxed) at 4k with my 960 for the lols

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

there's you problem. Even my 970 tanks with Sonic Ether's in things like FTB. Hows the performance without the shaders?

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Why do you need 200 fps in minecraft? I can hit 200 fps at 4k (everything maxed) at 4k with my 960 for the lols

But with shaders? Nope.

What should i get?

would a 740 2gb be enough?

I am using a 610 now.

Go and try for a used 7950. Make sure your´s psu can handle it. Upgrade cpu first though.

you're not gonna get any kind of decent fps with shaders mod, certainly at a tight budget.

there's you problem. Even my 970 tanks with Sonic Ether's in things like FTB. Hows the performance without the shaders?

~45 Fps same world and area.

so the shaders mod works ok. (30 fps+)

~45 Fps same world and area.

If your monitor can't handle more than 60Hz, then 200FPS is no better than minimum 60.  You should be aiming for a minimum of 60, unless you have a 144Hz monitor.

But with shaders? Nope.

Go and try for a used 7950. Make sure your´s psu can handle it. Upgrade cpu first though.

7950 is too expensive, my dad has a dead, (Possibly repariable r7770) cpu is not getting worked at all.

610 should be fine, upgrading your processor and adding more ram would probably be more useful for java based games

Lemme allow it 6Gb of my 8.

7950 is too expensive, my dad has a dead, (Possibly repariable r7770) cpu is not getting worked at all.

What currency are you using? And what´s your cpu as of now?

What currency are you using? And what´s your cpu as of now?

USD, AMD fx 6300 OC 4.0 GHz

Check Craigslist for a used 7970/7950/7850; you should be able to talk the price down to something like $50 or $75 depending on the condition. I would strongly recommend against getting a low-end nVidia (as in tens digit less than 6) since they tend to be a little bit shite. The GTX 745 (4GB GDDR3) that originally came with my XPS 8700 (it was on sale, I bought it for the components and not for the system) was only able to play at 60FPS at about 10 chunks and everything else maxed. I didn't get a chance to check shaders.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

You can grab a HD 7970 for $119 on ebay. It can handle that. Also check out how maxed out your CPU is.