Featured Build Logs Competition #005 - Submission Thread

Whaler_99

Forum ID: neSSa

Build Title: H.A.F. REBORN

Thread URL: 

Description: For a long time I was totally focused on benchtable and so followed projects based on them, but now I'm going back to my old love "PC Cases". Although I can not think of any possible on the market that could satisfy me the way he came out of the factory , there's one that I'm particularly emotionally attached to, no matter what its shortcomings. From there came the idea with the intention to try to bring the same to the level of perfection, technologically and aesthetically and functionally.

Case that has been resisting the technical novelties but so many times has been used on the modding scene, which I've already been working on by bringing together two of the same in "Cubex" PC mode (http://www.sspcmodding.com/cubex/), now comes to order as an undying idea to incorporate, on and in him, so much more! It is His Majesty the HAF 932 and HAF hence the name Reborn as the rise of the phoenix smileface.gif

HAF reborn GLAVNI EKRAN 1.jpg

Forum ID: Stealth80

Build Title: Iced Blood

Thread URL:

Description: This was my second build utilising water-cooling, the first one being a modded Antec 902 with a 240mm Rad. After seeing so many great builds about the internet I decided I would like to have a proper go at it. However been married and newbie modder chart topping components were out of the question as the wife controls the purse and most (except my sponsors -thanks Mayhems/Primochill!) pretty much laughed at my enquiries for sponsorship, which is what I expected lol. The main parts of my first build were transferred over and the 902 placed in the bin :(.

I decided on the Thermaltake X9 pretty quick as it is modular, has vast mounting configurations for radiators and offered horizontal mounting of the motherboard. I originally opted for flex tubing, which initially pleased me, however during last 6 months or more, I noticed rigid was quickly becoming more common place and it looked great. I also wanted to go SLI for the first time as 4k on a single 970 was heart breaking! So now the rig is complete and it performs great!

zLmpkvs.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Forum ID: bartimaeus555
Build Title: Wabisuke
Thread URL: 

Description: My first PC build, so I decided to go all out. Housed in a Phanteks Evolv ATX, there's 3 980ti's, a 5930k, and 32gb of RAM, all water cooled. All the cables were sleeved by me, with sleeving whose colour I designed  and ordered from a factory specifically for this build. I went for an all black motherboard as it looked the cleanest in a build like this.

The case needed slight modifications to fit the top rad so it wouldn't hit the RAM blocks, but everything worked out in the end.

pEc853y.jpg

24 minutes ago, SpotYS said:

- snip -

Considering aesthetics was the lowest priority, it looks nice ;)

But please use only one picture for the submission. For the full build log make a new thread and link it here.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Forum ID: Hasle

Build Title:  #trooper

Thread URL: PROJECT LOG

Description: My very first water cooling adventure for everyone to see. I went a bit bonkers with the piping, in an effort to get it as stringent and harmonized as possible. Not just connecting outlets to inlets, but adding some complexity to maintain symmetry. Definitely learned a lot, and my pad smelled like melted plastic for weeks. Worth it. :)

az_trooperpromo.jpg

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

I notice my entry here is appears to be deleted, but to the best of my knowledge, I followed the guidelines. Anyone have any ideas on this?

-Dirk R

Forum ID: darwin1859
Build Title: Project Erebus
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/364009-build-log-erebus-x99-900d-h2o/
Description: After several months planning and work, Project Erebus has finally reached completion. The massive 900D houses a full rigid watercooling loop, with the dual D5 pumps and one of the radiators hidden away below the midplate, and a Coldzero kit giving a clean look in the top section. Erebus is an ancient Greek god of darkness, and I tried to capture that feeling with the theme for this build. The custom-sleeved cabling, sprayed fans and custom-made purple pastel coolant from Mayhems were all carefully designed to fit perfectly, set on the black background. Other mods include the black Plastidip I/O ports on the motherboard, and stealth 5.25" bay fan controller, which really complete the clean look.

zFMLRlb.jpg

On 24.2.2016 at 7:29 AM, theintrospective said:

I notice my entry here is appears to be deleted, but to the best of my knowledge, I followed the guidelines. Anyone have any ideas on this?

-Dirk R

This event is designed to feature build made on this forum.

You have to have a build log (!= showing off a finished system) and be somehow active on the forum. A new account with only one post and a line to a build log outside the forum is not going to cut it.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

2 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

This event is designed to feature build made on this forum.

You have to have a build log (!= showing off a finished system) and be somehow active on the forum. A new account with only one post and a line to a build log outside the forum is not going to cut it.

It sure would be nice if the rules spelled out what does and does not qualify. I mean, specifying that the build log needed to be posted here at LTT, at minimum, should be there. A note from who deleted the entry as to why would have been an appreciated courtesy. Being a viewer of LTT for quite a while, and then being silently snubbed at an attempt to contribute is frankly a bit off-putting. 

26 minutes ago, theintrospective said:

It sure would be nice if the rules spelled out what does and does not qualify. I mean, specifying that the build log needed to be posted here at LTT, at minimum, should be there. A note from who deleted the entry as to why would have been an appreciated courtesy. Being a viewer of LTT for quite a while, and then being silently snubbed at an attempt to contribute is frankly a bit off-putting. 

Lets say, I wanted to be nominated for my build on Bit-Tech for an example, and I linked my build log from another site (forum) to Bit-tech do you think they would nominate me on their forum? Of course they wouldn't ( that's why they have a 15 post count minimum before you can make a build log thread on their forum), the build log is not supporting their community nor their forum but someone else's, even though we " the " PC community as a whole are equal and stick together, the same rules apply here and any other respectable forum in the PC community. I personally thought this was and is common knowledge and self explanatory.

Just like Bit-Tech, overclockers.net, hardfourm etc..., LTT is no different in wanting people that contribute,like and support LTT, to put the progress of their build's in the build log forum section on here. It is just the right and respectable thing to do if you want to be nominated for " LTT's " build log competition, even if its not specified in the rules.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

On 2/26/2016 at 1:54 AM, ericlee30 said:

Lets say, I wanted to be nominated for my build on Bit-Tech for an example, and I linked my build log from another site (forum) to Bit-tech do you think they would nominate me on their forum? Of course they wouldn't ( that's why they have a 15 post count minimum before you can make a build log thread on their forum), the build log is not supporting their community nor their forum but someone else's, even though we " the " PC community as a whole are equal and stick together, the same rules apply here and any other respectable forum in the PC community. I personally thought this was and is common knowledge and self explanatory.

Just like Bit-Tech, overclockers.net, hardfourm etc..., LTT is no different in wanting people that contribute,like and support LTT, to put the progress of their build's in the build log forum section on here. It is just the right and respectable thing to do if you want to be nominated for " LTT's " build log competition, even if its not specified in the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the point of wanting contribution, and I don't find any major fault with any of the arguments you made here. I also admit that it should have occurred to me to post my build log here, I'm just wary of cross-posting for the most part. At the same time, a silent deletion was a bit off-putting, especially considering it was likely due to an unwritten qualification. I'm done bitching about this, though. It has stretched a lot further than I wanted it to. I'm simply not this upset about it. I'll see if I can meet the qualifications next time around. I guess I was just excited to have an opportunity to show off my rig.

Forum ID: 50mm

Build Title: Reinforced

Thread URL: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/452895-project-log-reinforced-tuf-z170-sabertooth-980ti-sli/?page=1

Description: Reinforced was a great project and i really enjoyed building it. To showcase the ASUS Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 the theme of this mod is "The Ultimate Force". I chose the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX since it looks as if it was made for the motherboard. The mod features a custom CPU waterloop with unique premixed coolant by CoolForce and to light it up i installed two rigid UV LED strips. Using my scroll saw i created Armor panels to cover things and make the build look more TUF. To complete the mod i made custom sleeved cables and illuminated logos on the acrylic covers.

mvMbxwM.jpg

Forum ID: Micdeez

Build Title: Project Insidious

Thread URL:

Description: Bringing form and function together, I present to you my first attempt at a custom build. There was certainly great challenges involved in this project, but with a vision and budget in mind, I am utterly pleased with the results. A lot of consideration was made to maintain clean symmetrical lines of the tubing and selection of parts to keep with the overall theme in mind. I hope that my successful attempt of an understated, pure clean industrial design springs forward future projects (and sponsorship's!).

kl5faZfh.jpg

Forum ID: Eazy

Build Title: Xenon v2

Thread URL:

Description:

The main theme of course was to get the best price to performance I could while creating a PC powerful enough to Stream/Render/Multitask/Game with ease and have the life span of around 4 years.

It is a fairly modest build that the average joe can afford that is also passionate about computers and building.

So there you have it, my ultimate price to performance personal PC

_DSC0829.thumb.JPG.a9d7397e0d9940dc4066a

Forum ID: shu.tography

Build Title: ZENITH ZBOX Mobile Workstation

Thread URL: 

Description: 

My main goal with this build was to build the most powerful computer that I can afford in the world's smallest case, and LIQUID Cool it so I can travel with it. Travel light, travel anywhere and have no compromise in computing power. I will be going on exchange soon and I'll be draining the loop, putting it in my backpack, and carrying it on the plane. photographer without borders

DSC02686.jpg.2052ab16e740ab72c0b9e9a5b68

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has become a farce... I don´t know if the mods think our PCs aren´t good enough or whatever it is, but it seems to be abandoned. 

If a mod reads this, can you please clarify, if this is still going on or not...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Last one was a few months underway as well, not a big deal really. I imagine the staff have more pressing matters to attend to, with the new forum software and all. :)

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

• 2 weeks later...

Forum ID: MorningStrummer

Build Title: XB'owner

Thread URL: 

Description:

Ever since the Xbox one was released, I was pretty certain a pc would fit in there. So finally after a couple of years planning I gave myself the go-ahead and started to work on what I had in mind. Turns out my planning was almost perfect and thus I managed to not only put a high end gaming pc in there, but I also managed to give it the upper hand and water cool it. The end result, spectacular, if I may say so myself.

IMG_20160328_194831_zps1tdtmb6e.jpg

CPU: Intel core i7 4930K @4,3Ghz w Apogee HD MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS RAM: 32GB Vengeance 2133MHz GPU: 2x gtx Titan w Bitspower waterblock Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 ssd + 2x WD Black 2TB Case: Corsair C70

Cooling: 1x 360 rad 30mm thick + 1x 360 rad 60mm thick 6x noctua NF-F12 Display: 3x Asus VG248QE Keyboard: corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G500s

Forum ID :: byalexandr

Build Title :: LS3 - Custom 6.2L Mini ITX Gaming Machine

Thread URL :: 

Description :: This is my almost completely scratch built Mini ITX case. It sizes in at an internal volume of just 6.2L, smaller (by far) than any other case on the market, and it definitely utilizes every cubic centimeter available. It's sort of the pinnacle of my passion for small form factor, and it makes me happy knowing that nothing else comes close in terms of size.

Collage.jpg

Forum ID: Drixen

Build Title: ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN

Thread URL: 

Description: This is an innovative, yet simplistic build that features cost saving measures to ensure that unused extra parts can be used in conjunction with new, modern and elegant implementations effectively.

26334202245_7dfcb1b73c_c.jpg

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

Forum ID: Virgule

Build Title: We're all mad here

Thread URL: 

Description: This build is centered around the Alice in Wonderland theme. A good portion of the budget has been utilized to make this build unique, while maintaining a great performance for high refresh rate 1440p gaming. As the movie's moto says : " We're all mad here". We're all mad about something ; our passion, our craft, our love... this surely qualifies as a result of this state of mind.

$_27 (1).JPG

Spoiler

Forum ID: Corwin111

Build Title: Ice Queen - Inspired by Scrapyard Wars

Thread URL: 

Description: 

This will not be my personal rig, I just decided to find some used parts online, put them into a new case, prettify it and... well I haven't quite figured out the "and' yet.

Before

oHfu1Pb.jpg

After

BIvRoHH.jpg

Forum ID: MEC-777

Build Title: Stalker v2.0

Description: Stalker v2.0 is a custom micro portable gaming PC built on a very strict budget. The case is a heavily modified old HP Pavilion desktop chassis, shrunken down to a much smaller volume, yet is still capable of housing high-end components. I built this PC to be an easily portable gaming PC I can take to LAN parties, friend's houses or anywhere. Design and name is inspired by the Stalker game series. 

IMG_20160303_221049_zpspkdkxg0s.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS