Featured Build Logs Competition #005 - Submission Thread

Whaler_99

Forum ID: clarkmcc

Build Title: CSLC (Consumer Server Liquid Cooling)

Description: What makes this project unique, is its one of the very few stock data center servers that has a custom loop squished/attached/installed onto/into it. I pulled my radiator from my last rig, picked up two waterblocks and BAM, my temps are rarely over 30C even under load. Oh did I mention I squished a full graphics card in there? It currently acts as a gaming rig/file server/render server and can real time edit 8k footage by using RAM drives. While the original server (C2100) was 2U, it is now 3U with the modifications. The advantage to liquid cooling in this “case” was it’s very quiet and runs extremely cool for the components that are squished into it.

wQFX1fy.png

Forum ID: Shahrukh

Build Title: Project Alpha

Thread URL: 

Description: My first ever water cooling build with tons of mods and paint jobs , custom hdd mount with hardline tubing , It was tough for me to do a hardline tubing for my first ever build , All went perfect and i am quite happy with it .

IMG_7231.jpg

Forum ID: killRMODZ

Build Title: Core V1 Mini k|ngp|n Edition

Thread URL: 

Description: First modded build that sparked something more.  Wanted to do something that wouldn't be done or not considered.  Thus came the k|ngp|n card.  Was a fun build and love building on itx and matx cases.  I made custom one offs for this build because I couldn't get what I needed through normal shopping.  Espcially with the music activated bezel ran by FadeCandy.  Color scheme is red, carbon fiber, black chrome and black.  Enjoy!

IMG_0944.JPG

Forum ID: SpaceTurtle917 

Build Title: Trigonometry

Thread URL: 

Description: The components are mounted to a peice of 1/8in Baltic plywood that is painted with the design of the 2 csgo skins "trigon" and "asiimov". First ever mod at the age of 15. It has old parts with air cooling. The cables run underneath and the board is 2 inches of the wall with a wooden orange trim around the edges to hide the cables underneath. 20160421_201942.jpg

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

Forum ID: kickasssloth

Build Title: The Quantum Loop

Thread URL: 

Description: A high tech piece of military equipment, hidden from most eyes, locked away in a basement, it was left untouched for 25 years, but now its back... and boy does it look cool!

nnVavuA.thumb.jpg.3c05bce3c35845f012be1e4bc129773a.jpg

Forum ID: Ladybug Adventures

Build Title: PS3- PC

Description: After my PS3 YLODed and the fixes stopped fixing I decided to put a pc into it. This is not a high end build but that being said, everything is swappable and you can upgrade the components easily. Yes, the cable management is horrid but as Luke discovered it doesn't cause an issue with air flow.

Used Zotac motherboard

Used Intel core 2 duo 2.13 Ghz

220 watt psu

Zalman low profile heat sink fan

It works great as a media player/pc. I think it looks cool and it looks pretty stock.

ps3 front view.png

ForumID: 53by9

Title: Janus 2.0

Description:
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others" - Ayn Rand

What can you achieve when you don't worry about who you're trying to beat or what can you create? Life moves at a constant pace. We don't realize what we have done until we sit and look back.

I have been doing Folding on my Computer's down time to hopefully find a cure for Cancer (the previous build was dedicated to it and my father who passed from it). The Division was released, we all love it or hate it. After it's launch I realized how much time I was spending in my office and what it was doing to my computer. I figured it was time for a whole office upgrade. There is a new monitor being created by Samsung that is 32:9 and 49 inches. When that time comes my desk will shrink somewhat (I made it slightly modular). A dual monitor setup has always been the dream but the evil bezel in the middle has always prevented that from being a reality. Having a 32:9 monitor fills that gap and I'm quite excited for it.

IMAG00293 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 3:36 PM, Whaler_99 said:

This thread will probably be up for at least a month, so hurry up. :)

Syke, its been up for like 5 months.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

Yikes, you are correct, I got it down to take a look at this, this weekend.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99