Where no bear has gone before...or...

gord0

Hi guys, I would like to have my game consoles be able to use the TunnelBear service. I can't seem to find info on manually connecting to the service, so as not to need the app. Would any of you happen to know of a solution?

Hi guys, I would like to have my game consoles be able to use the TunnelBear service. I can't seem to find info on manually connecting to the service, so as not to need the app. Would any of you happen to know of a solution?

only thing i can think of is through the router, but idk if tunnelbear supports that

only thing i can think of is through the router, but idk if tunnelbear supports that

That would be ideal, but I'd still need the info for connecting without the app...which I haven't been able to dig up yet.

It's not possible to accomplish what you want, I'm afraid.

From their own FAQ (https://help.tunnelbear.com/customer/portal/articles/1471161):

What devices will TunnelBear NOT work on? TunnelBear is only available for the devices listed above. It is not currently available for routers, smart TVs, game consoles such as Playstation, Xbox or other third party clients. We do not provide manual configuration instructions for the VPN, the connection has to be made through the application or browser extension.

Later thoughts: You could set up a Linux box that takes the internet connection from your console and passes it to the VPN. This is only available for Giant and Grizzly TunnelBears, though.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it