What are your Frequently Asked Questions?

abyss03

I am creating a beginners guide to Star Citizen and wondered what questions you personally get asked the most that could be answered in a FAQ

I will probably start the FAQ section the soonest and release that section as soon as ive finished it :D

Current Questions on the list:

- Which Starter Ship should I buy to start off?

[Added 27th Janurary 11pm GMT]

- Why isnt the game out already?!?!

- Why cant I fly ship 'X'?

- What is there to do in the game?

- Why can I only walk around in an empty hangar?

- What is REC, how does it compare to UEC and should I buy guns?

- Comstab, G-Safe and what is it? (Might have to look this up myself :D )

- How do I play with friends and Org members?

- What Hardware do I need to have to run the game?

- Why do I get low FPS?

- Why does the game crash a lot?

- Holy crap £5000 ships this game is Pay2Win ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

OP. Keep at it, you're onto something here. Real-world users get asked different questions than the devs let alone third parties. Sorry, but I have nothing to contribute myself. 

Well, the numerous FAQ threads on here and the entire FAQ section on the RSI website is probably a good place to start consolidating  :P

I plan on pulling some questions from there but I was wondering if anyone had any other questions they wanted to ask

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

"When will the game be out/finished?"

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

If you're doing a starter guide, the questions would probably be:

- What are REC?

- What should I rent with REC?

- What does it mean to turn off Comstab and G-Safe and why would I want to do that?

- What does de-coupling mean?

- What are the different game modes I can play in?

- How do I add friends and play matches with them?

If you're doing a general FAQ, questions will probably be more along the line of:

- Why can't I run this game on ultra settings all the time?

- Why is there so much stuttering?

- When will the next patch be out?

- Why isn't this ship ready yet?

- When will the game come out?

- Why would I want to play a game that crashes so frequently?

(Hopefully these answers will be about how the game is in progress/pre-alpha and how much fun you can have)

Finally, if you're doing an FAQ for this sub-forum, the most frequently asked question is "what game are you talking about?"

Less of an issue now that there is a game menu but before a question I got was:

"I have loaded into a big empty hanger and can walk around... what do I do now?"

How about "OMG $5000 ships! Will I have to buy that to play decently?/Isn't this game pay2win?/Won't those ships be super OP?"
Those are pretty darn frequent.

EDIT: Ships, not shops.

Finally, if you're doing an FAQ for this sub-forum, the most frequently asked question is "what game are you talking about?"

Yeah but if I added that in the FAQ when I post it up people will ask what game im talking about then too :D

How about "OMG $5000 ships! Will I have to buy that to play decently?/Isn't this game pay2win?/Won't those shops be super OP?"

Those are pretty darn frequent.

Yeah clearing up the Pay2Win crap is a pretty good one I hadn't thought of actually

Yeah clearing up the Pay2Win crap is a pretty good one I hadn't thought of actually

That's an easy one tho I'm unsure of the numbers.

Minimum buy in is $£XX for an Aurora MR or Mustang Alpha, if you are looking for a combat ship, neither are best for this however with an hours gameplay in AC you should have enough to rent an Avenger using REC you've earned, if you are looking for a ship to haul cargo than the MR is suited more for your needs.