First Build; No Budget

JLCitadel

First off, that was very rude, second off I was not correcting you, hence the question mark, thirdly I replied to his post saying I thought you was speaking of the 800 series gtx geforce coming out in q1 next year, so do yourself a favor and take your own advice. & I'll never buy an amd product. They're not even close to the same level as nvidia. (In my personal very biased opinion, but thank you for your suggestion.

Alright, but do you know if this out preforms the QTX monitors from korea that is getting hyped up now? Apparently they're the equivilent to a 700$ IPS by dell. (Sorry if my abreviations are off.)

Lol everybody stop we have a fanboy...and he is ignorant...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Lol everybody stop we have a fanboy...and he is ignorant...

Of course I'm a fan of certain products over another, every person is. & You're unaware of my reasons for this making you the ignorant individual, my computer will not only be used for gaming but graphic design and editing, making the physx and 3d rendering from nvidia a better choice. Now if you don't like what I choose, and can provide viable reason to switch I'd gladly listen, but you can go ahead and stop being a prick because you don't like my decision on a gpu/cpu.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I'm a fan of certain products over another, every person is. & You're unaware of my reasons for this making you the ignorant individual, my computer will not only be used for gaming but graphic design and editing, making the physx and 3d rendering from nvidia a better choice. Now if you don't like what I choose, and can provide viable reason to switch I'd gladly listen, but you can go ahead and stop being a prick because you don't like my decision on a gpu/cpu.

This was not stated earlier so you cant turn around and say that AFTER the statement, next time post what it is being used for otherwise most people will believe it is built for gaming. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

This was not stated earlier so you cant turn around and say that AFTER the statement, next time post what it is being used for otherwise most people will believe it is built for gaming. 

So you're telling me, not to assume people will pick up that this kind of rig is meant for more than just gaming, so you can assume so? Very hypocritical of you. & If you don't like it just leave my build log?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're telling me, not to assume people will pick up that this kind of rig is meant for more than just gaming, so you can assume so? Very hypocritical of you. & If you don't like it just leave my build log?

No i was saying that you should state that main uses of the build and i believe that's the forum rules as well. Also i have nothing against your build/build log/ or you?

No i was saying that you should state that main uses of the build and i believe that's the forum rules as well. Also i have nothing against your build/build log/ or you?

You were coming off quite offensive, and I get angry easily, but thank you for that suggestion, I will make the change to the build log at the top shortly.

You were coming off quite offensive, and I get angry easily, but thank you for that suggestion, I will make the change to the build log at the top shortly.

Thank-you, but from my perspective it looked like i was getting corrected when i was correct, but it doesn't matter now...

Thank-you, but from my perspective it looked like i was getting corrected when i was correct, but it doesn't matter now...

Understandable, I've made some changes to the top of my post, take a look and let me know what you think.

The project name will be revealed during assembly !

Understandable, I've made some changes to the top of my post, take a look and let me know what you think.

Yer mate all goods

Yer mate all goods

Do you have any builds of your own?

Do you have any builds of your own?

Not currently but in the future I'm looking at a new build

Well for a No budget Build this one looks Thought Through, still If going SLI I would have gone with 2 gtx780s instead of the 770 considering the "No Budget".

Looking forward for some Pics and videos cause think this will be nice =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

LED's are really coming in as a replacement for cold cathodes. (Think tv and monitor backlights, and now a lot of builds have them in place of where they would have had cathodes 4 years ago) I've never seen any inconsistency with them and they use a lot less power and are easier to route around the case.

Personally i dont like the look of LED lighting it just looks un-even and more like a bunch of mini spot lights rather than a consistant glow that's just me tho a lot of people really like using LEDs over cathodes as far as that converter box goes you have 900D just paint the box black and put it anywhere there is lots of room also if you get cathodes buy the cathode extention cables from Frozencpu.com they are already sleeved black and in a big case like the 900D it gives you more flexability of where you can put your lighting in the case cuz the cables that come with the cathodes are wayyy to short

Heres a link for the 24 inch length they also have them in 12 inch 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11137/lit-223/Cold_Cathode_Extension_Cable_-_24.html

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Not currently but in the future I'm looking at a new build

Well if you ever need help let me know I'd be glad to assist you in part finding

Well for a No budget Build this one looks Thought Through, still If going SLI I would have gone with 2 gtx780s instead of the 770 considering the "No Budget".

Looking forward for some Pics and videos cause think this will be nice =D

Well, right off the bat I'm still debating if I'll SLI immediately, or wait till the performance is noticeable. Since the next generation 800 series is coming out Q1 next year, I think I'll wait till then, pick up an 880 and then use that till its no loner top of the line, and SLI it to bring it back up a knotch. Makes more sense to do it this way. Then I can overclock them both an throw on cooling blocks.

Personally i dont like the look of LED lighting it just looks un-even and more like a bunch of mini spot lights rather than a consistant glow that's just me tho a lot of people really like using LEDs over cathodes as far as that converter box goes you have 900D just paint the box black and put it anywhere there is lots of room also if you get cathodes buy the cathode extention cables from Frozencpu.com they are already sleeved black and in a big case like the 900D it gives you more flexability of where you can put your lighting in the case cuz the cables that come with the cathodes are wayyy to short

Heres a link for the 24 inch length they also have them in 12 inch 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11137/lit-223/Cold_Cathode_Extension_Cable_-_24.html

That's exactly what I was worried about. I don't know much about lighting in general, but I think if I got 4 long cathodes, mounted them around each of the borders to the display window, just out of sight, and then had the box down below hidden by my radiator, where a 'second' psu could be, instead of actually putting a second psu there. Then use the extension cables, but people have been mentioning cracking and fading of cathodes in only a few months period, which has brought my attention geared towards LED, worst case scenario, i can double up on leds, staggering them side by side, to avoid the lighting gap. & If I'm not mistaken cathodes draw a lot of power.

Well if you ever need help let me know I'd be glad to assist you in part finding

Well, right off the bat I'm still debating if I'll SLI immediately, or wait till the performance is noticeable. Since the next generation 800 series is coming out Q1 next year, I think I'll wait till then, pick up an 880 and then use that till its no loner top of the line, and SLI it to bring it back up a knotch. Makes more sense to do it this way. Then I can overclock them both an throw on cooling blocks.

That's exactly what I was worried about. I don't know much about lighting in general, but I think if I got 4 long cathodes, mounted them around each of the borders to the display window, just out of sight, and then had the box down below hidden by my radiator, where a 'second' psu could be, instead of actually putting a second psu there. Then use the extension cables, but people have been mentioning cracking and fading of cathodes in only a few months period, which has brought my attention geared towards LED, worst case scenario, i can double up on leds, staggering them side by side, to avoid the lighting gap. & If I'm not mistaken cathodes draw a lot of power.

Yeah I will hopefully be finishing my 900D build this weekend I will update my build log when finished

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33993-new-build-900d-sli-watercooled/#entry435625

I have just 2 cathodes but I don't have them hooked up yet and I have to wait for the extention cables to come they should be here on sept 11. I have used many cathodes in the past and I have had one crack on me but I just super glued the plastic and it worked just fine and as far as power goes im not sure how much they actually use compaired to LEDs I have never tested it but I assume it will be more than LEDs due to the fact that one of the main things with LEDs are they have low power consumption

You should look at running the MSI 780 lightning editons cards in SLI those things are insane

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

editing isnt a giant deal, im more looking for a monitor with great color quality and around 2ms the gpu will be fine and yes 4gb

You can't get an IPS below <5ms response

You can't get an IPS below <5ms response

Oh really? how come

Yeah I will hopefully be finishing my 900D build this weekend I will update my build log when finished

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33993-new-build-900d-sli-watercooled/#entry435625

I have just 2 cathodes but I don't have them hooked up yet and I have to wait for the extention cables to come they should be here on sept 11. I have used many cathodes in the past and I have had one crack on me but I just super glued the plastic and it worked just fine and as far as power goes im not sure how much they actually use compaired to LEDs I have never tested it but I assume it will be more than LEDs due to the fact that one of the main things with LEDs are they have low power consumption

You should look at running the MSI 780 lightning editons cards in SLI those things are insane

I'll do some looking into the lighting after I finish adjusting my watercooling build. I need to figure out a few things there. I'm trying to find a pump top that has the right size for my fittings.

Oh really? how come

I'll do some looking into the lighting after I finish adjusting my watercooling build. I need to figure out a few things there. I'm trying to find a pump top that has the right size for my fittings.

EK has a pump top for the swiftechs that you just screw in your own G1/4 fittings into its in the specs of my build log

EK has a pump top for the swiftechs that you just screw in your own G1/4 fittings into its in the specs of my build log

I'm doing 3/8ths 5/8ths

I loved the part about seducing women!  :D  :D

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I'm doing 3/8ths 5/8ths

yeah im pretty sure that what i went with in mine the way it works is you buy 3/8ths 5/8ths fittings with the G1/4 threads then they just thread into the pump top 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17667/ex-pmp-222/EK_D5_X-Top_Acrylic_Pump_Top_CSQ_-_Laing_D5_and_Swiftech_MCP-650655_EK-D5_X-TOP_CSQ_-_Plexi.html?tl=g57c595s1935#blank

yeah im pretty sure that what i went with in mine the way it works is you buy 3/8ths 5/8ths fittings with the G1/4 threads then they just thread into the pump top 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17667/ex-pmp-222/EK_D5_X-Top_Acrylic_Pump_Top_CSQ_-_Laing_D5_and_Swiftech_MCP-650655_EK-D5_X-TOP_CSQ_-_Plexi.html?tl=g57c595s1935#blank

Hmm interesting, I'll try and read up bout it on the link. I just read on the product, it said to purchase 1/4th threading

I loved the part about seducing women!  :D  :D

Isn't that the ultimate goal of any man? ;)

Hmm interesting, I'll try and read up bout it on the link. I just read on the product, it said to purchase 1/4th threading

yeah they have 3 holes that are drilled in the top and threaded with the standard G1/4 threads that way all you do is buy G1/4 threaded 3/8ths by 5/8ths Barb or compression fittings and then screw them into the pump top it also comes with a plug so you plug the third hole after you figure out what 2 out of the 3 holes you are going to use 

here is what is looks like when you install the top on the pump with the 2 compression fittings and a clear G1/4 plug that i got seprate it comes with a metal plug i just thought the plastic one matched better

http://www.overclock.net/g/i/1569194/a/989216/corsair-900d-gtx-780-sli-watercooling-build/sort/display_order/