First Build; No Budget

JLCitadel

When I saw "no budget", I was going to link you to @CoolBeans' Project 'Murica

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

here is what is looks like when you install the top on the pump with the 2 compression fittings and a clear G1/4 plug that i got seprate it comes with a metal plug i just thought the plastic one matched better

http://www.overclock.net/g/i/1569194/a/989216/corsair-900d-gtx-780-sli-watercooling-build/sort/display_order/

Oh so it converts it from G1/4th to 3/8th 5/8th?

When I saw "no budget", I was going to link you to @CoolBeans' Project 'Murica

I'll go take a look

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll go take a look

It's only a joke thing (as far as I know)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'll go take a look

G1/4 is the the threads of the fitting 3/8th by 5/8th is the the tubing diameter 

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

It's only a joke thing (as far as I know)

Ah alright, it wouldn't load up for me anyhow, pcpartpicker being a bit slow today  <_<

G1/4 is the the threads of the fitting 3/8th by 5/8th is the the tubing diameter 

Ahhhh okay, I've got my water cooling setup sorted out now I believe :) I just need to make sure there's no conflicts of metal type or coolant type which could cause corrosion or cause the coolant to be conductive, that'd be bad! haha I'll make and update to the log shortly. Learning something new about water cooling everyday :wub:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that the 900D is a bad case, but that many rads along with everything else might be a pain.  Though if you're an experienced liquid cooler then maybe not.  I know Phanteks has a similarly sized case(Enthoo Primo ~$250) coming out with a lot of cool features some specifically with liquid cooling in mind.  I don't know it's release date though so depends on how soon you're buying everything.  Bill Owen has a really nice video review of it on youtube, his channel is monstermawd.

Just made the first major update to the build! Read up and tell me what you all think!

Not that the 900D is a bad case, but that many rads along with everything else might be a pain.  Though if you're an experienced liquid cooler then maybe not.  I know Phanteks has a similarly sized case(Enthoo Primo ~$250) coming out with a lot of cool features some specifically with liquid cooling in mind.  I don't know it's release date though so depends on how soon you're buying everything.  Bill Owen has a really nice video review of it on youtube, his channel is monstermawd.

Actually it's interesting you bring this point up, a friend of mine recommended this case to me, but I've already been so dead set on the 900D, but I'll go take a look at it. Keep in mind the amount of radiators might change, I'm actually thinking of removing the 120mm from the rear intake, as it might just be too big of a pain in the way of the motherboard. The two 480s fit fine, I might need to adjust the front a little for the 360, (hit me cause i forgot where my 240 goes) haha. I'll look up the EP definitely and let you know what I think.

A possibility is going to be overclocking my SSD based on the technology in development by Intel, now if it's secure and I can do my cache windows file to increase boot speed, and do an overclocked raid 0 setup, that'd be fantastic. We'll see how this tech developes and that'll determine where I go from there.

Dont overclock your SSD, if you need the speed you are much better off running 2 in RAID 0 or for stability and speed 4 in RAID 10, you will get a much higher performance increase by going to multiple SSD's in RAID than you will by overclocking 1 SSD. And the overclock makes the SSD more likely to fail due to data corruption and shortens it lifespan. its  new technology that is not well understood and right now not worth it.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

First off, that was very rude, second off I was not correcting you, hence the question mark, thirdly I replied to his post saying I thought you was speaking of the 800 series gtx geforce coming out in q1 next year, so do yourself a favor and take your own advice. & I'll never buy an amd product. They're not even close to the same level as nvidia. (In my personal very biased opinion, but thank you for your suggestion.

Alright, but do you know if this out preforms the QTX monitors from korea that is getting hyped up now? Apparently they're the equivilent to a 700$ IPS by dell. (Sorry if my abreviations are off.)

The VP2770-LED is the best 2560x1440 monitor out there. The korean monitors have a very good panel, I agree. Right up there with the top 2560x1440 PLS/IPS monitors. However build quality is where the ViewSonic changes, also various things such as screen uniformity, colour accuracy. These, and more, are what the ViewSonic excels at which makes it the king of 2560x1440 monitors, regular consumer grade monitors...

The VP2770-LED is the best 2560x1440 monitor out there. The korean monitors have a very good panel, I agree. Right up there with the top 2560x1440 PLS/IPS monitors. However build quality is where the ViewSonic changes, also various things such as screen uniformity, colour accuracy. These, and more, are what the ViewSonic excels at which makes it the king of 2560x1440 monitors, regular consumer grade monitors...

If I can get some more confirmations on this I'll definitely make the go for it.

If I can get some more confirmations on this I'll definitely make the go for it.

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2013/test-viewsonic-vp2770-led-teil11.html (Always use PRAD for input lag and responsiveness testing)

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/viewsonic_vp2770-led.htm

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/13392-viewsonic-vp2770-review-2560x1440-semi-glossy-pls.html (The almighty NCX/MenacingTuba)

Haven't looked at these links yet, but hows about this monitor? http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-q2963pm-ultra-wide-review,3591.html

Seems like the same technology, lower price?

For starters, it's using a 2560x1080 resolution instead of 2560x1440. It is also using an IPS panel whereas the ViewSonic is using a PLS panel which is better. I'm not saying it's a bad monitor by any means, in fact the response time is ~2 ms faster than the ViewSonic however it wouldn't be noticeable.

Here's a nice review:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prad.de%2Fnew%2Fmonitore%2Ftest%2F2013%2Ftest-aoc-q2963pm-teil6.html

I would just get a 16:9 panel since it will allow me to save space, but that's my personal preference.

For starters, it's using a 2560x1080 resolution instead of 2560x1440. It is also using an IPS panel whereas the ViewSonic is using a PLS panel which is better. I'm not saying it's a bad monitor by any means, in fact the response time is ~2 ms faster than the ViewSonic however it wouldn't be noticeable.

Here's a nice review:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prad.de%2Fnew%2Fmonitore%2Ftest%2F2013%2Ftest-aoc-q2963pm-teil6.html

I would just get a 16:9 panel since it will allow me to save space, but that's my personal preference.

I see, I'm actually wanting a monitor that's a bit wider than it is tall. I find glossy widescreen displays with high color quality to be nice. Do you have any ideas along those lines? try to keep it around 5ms delay

I see, I'm actually wanting a monitor that's a bit wider than it is tall. I find glossy widescreen displays with high color quality to be nice. Do you have any ideas along those lines? try to keep it around 5ms delay

Well if you want the wideness then I would just grab one of those ASUS MX monitors.

Well if you want the wideness then I would just grab one of those ASUS MX monitors.

What do you think of this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY0X69484&Tpk=lg%20ultrawide%20monitor

When it comes to these wide monitors you are looking at, they are pretty much the same. Just grab whatever you think looks best. I haven't seen that LG before but it looks very visually pleasing.

Yeah I think I'll go with this, perfect for my style I believe.

Alright guys, so I've decided to look into my radiators, and see if I've got a good quality or should look into others, let me know what you think!

Alright I just released the build name, it's titled ATLAS

Well why do you have so many damn rads? Anywho I liked to see this when you start it. But why make this topic now if you aren't even going to start ordering parts for over 2 months?

Well why do you have so many damn rads? Anywho I liked to see this when you start it. But why make this topic now if you aren't even going to start ordering parts for over 2 months?

Because I'll be regular doing research on parts and I'll be giving reasoning for the parts, seeing if anyone has better price/performance alternatives and I'll also be here to help other people out who have questions with their builds.

what's that about no budget? how about you spend me some money for a build a not buy a 600$ monitor :P

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.