Rackspace Deep Dive Discussion

Hey all,

Rackspace hosting is inviting everyone to their Deep Dive sessions through Google Hangouts. They will be holding weekly sessions featuring Rackspace experts sharing aspects and uses for dedicated infrastructure, and taking questions from the community!

Monthly topics:

Jan: Security

Feb: Compliance

Mar: Performance

Apr: Cost

This Wednesday, Jan 27th is based on Storage Security. If you guys are interested in learning more about Storage Security, and dedicated hosting in general, you should definitely check it out!

A message from Luke:

Ill be interested to see what they discuss. I'm assuming this is a beginner course...

>VMware

.______.

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Awe... I'm going to be flying... :(

All of the sessions are recorded, so you can check out any sessions you meet at your convenience  :)

I'm Doug, the host of the Rackspace Deep Dive series and I was excited to hear that our show was mentioned by LTT.  I'm a regular viewer of the YouTube channel (the 7 Gamers - 1 CPU show was pretty epic) and my love of PC hardware and games in my younger years really helped propel me toward the career in cloud and hosted infrastructure that I have today.  

Most of our discussions focus on infrastructure architecture and how our customer needs shape the decisions we make when determining how best to design infrastructure solutions for them.  Some apps still run best on good old fashioned bare metal, but can benefit from low-latency access to public cloud infrastructure.  How exactly one does this can be a pretty involved and technical conversation.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer what I can.  Check out the landing page linked above from time to time as we'll be adding new shows regularly and you might see something you're interested in.  

Doug

• 4 weeks later...