Thoughts On Adblock Acceptable Ads?

I think it's a great idea because i mostly use Adblock to protect me from epilepsy inducing malware filled ads on download sites. I want to support Content Creators like LMG. I just get lazy and forget to turn off Adblock lol.

I think it's a great idea because i mostly use Adblock to protect me from epilepsy inducing malware filled ads on download sites. I want to support Content Creators like LMG. I just get lazy and forget to turn off Adblock lol.

I agree. YouTube ads also really annoy me, but I'd happily buy YouTube Red when it's available, I wonder if any of your subscription money goes towards the creators you watch?

Almost as cool as my temps  

fuck ads all of em

In order for LTT to exist the need ad revenue, but they also profit from Sponsors or people who want there stuff reviewed 

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I'm lazy to whitelist websites. If websites want to advertise to me, that's cool. Just don't throw up some intrusive, obnoxious ad that I can't get through to view your content, because if I can't do that then I have no reason to stay.

I haven't used AdBlock for that long because I used to be a heavy advocate against it in favor of content creators getting paid. But every fookin time I go to a news website nowadays it seems like, I either get those obnoxious ads that I can't click through and view the content that I'm actually there to see, or the only things I see are "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS WOMAN DID!" and so on, which messed up the layout of the website and makes it harder to read.

So I did the next best thing for Youtube content creators: I switched from Spotify to Google Play, which bundles in Youtube Music Key and Youtube Red which stops ads from showing up for you on Youtube.

Wish ads weren't a thing 

Everybody does.. but otherwise there would be little to no incentive for content creators to make, well, create content. I think YouTube Red is definitely going to be the future. 

hey OP, Linus is actually ok with you using adblock all the time if you make a contribution once in a while :)

buying the bronze, silver, or gold badges for the forum actually make all proceeds go to LMG, which is even better than ads where google gets a cut of profits

if you want to support LMG, I highly recommend you donate that way, and dont feel guilty about using adblock :D 

fuck ads all of em

people like you is why the world is a horrible place for content creators

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Here is a better idea:

Everytime I (or you) visit a website, have my ISP (or yours) pay (using my plans cost) 5 cents per subpage I visit.

NO ADS! I pay for my internet service, why can't ads be compensated for by a donation!

Here is a better idea:

Everytime I (or you) visit a website, have my ISP (or yours) donate 5 cents per subpage I visit.

Have fun getting them to do that.

But regardless, I think its pretty dumb, theyre going against the one core reason that they made the extension in the first place, which was to block all adds.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Everybody does.. but otherwise there would be little to no incentive for content creators to make, well, create content. I think YouTube Red is definitely going to be the future. 

This is true and I understand. I don't have a problem with ads but some of them are just awful. 

In order for LTT to exist the need ad revenue, but they also profit from Sponsors or people who want there stuff reviewed 

nah

1010011010/29A

I think it's a good move on adblock's part. I think content creators deserve ad revenue from non-intrusive ads. With this in place I won't have to take the time to whitelist every website that I want to support that doesn't have intrusive ads one by one (for example this forum or youtube) 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Have fun getting them to do that.

But regardless, I think its pretty dumb, theyre going against the one core reason that they made the extension in the first place, which was to block all adds.

Right time warner cable trying to get paid! Just like these content creators and everybody typing in this forum.

I think they had to do it in order for their extension to still work. I know before the changes I couldn't even get youtube to load unless I turned adblock off.

hey OP, Linus is actually ok with you using adblock all the time if you make a contribution once in a while :)

buying the bronze, silver, or gold badges for the forum actually make all proceeds go to LMG, which is even better than ads where google gets a cut of profits

if you want to support LMG, I highly recommend you donate that way, and dont feel guilty about using adblock :D

Ads on the forum are super unobtrusive anyways. There's really no reason to have an adblock on the forums because you hardly notice the ads.

My issue with ads are when they play sound or expand to get in your way. That and when they make the page take forever to load. Other than that, I don't mind if they're unobtrusive.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I don't mind ads that are selling something that I'd use, but I hate forced ads for crap I couldn't give 1 fuck about that youtube and hulu+commercials on tv throw at me.  I don't think people hate ads entirely, but most likely hate ads that don't appeal to them or at the wrong time to the amount. 

Exactly! In a world where google is pulling information from us in every direction you would think they would know what we each individually want. And I'm SURE they do in fact know, but would much rather force a crappy advertisement on us every video, than a decent advertisement every other video so we would be happy, but hey google got to get paid too! So I can't really blame them.

Only problem is that unless your famous ( I mean like sub count is roughly 500,000 and views per video are like in the 200,000 or 100,000)  YOUTUBE SHOULD NOT BE YOUR PRIMARY SOURCE OF INCOME PERIOD. PERIOD!

Shit If I became famous youtuber I still would probably have a JOB A JOBBY JOB. Because Youtube money doesn't work for everyone nor if you have little viewers such as DarkSydePhil your screwed because you have little to no money that is being made from your videos and sooner or later your going to need to get a job.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Only problem is that unless your famous ( I mean like sub count is roughly 500,000 and views per video are like in the 200,000 or 100,000)  YOUTUBE SHOULD NOT BE YOUR PRIMARY SOURCE OF INCOME PERIOD. PERIOD!

Shit If I became famous youtuber I still would probably have a JOB A JOBBY JOB. Because Youtube money doesn't work for everyone nor if you have little viewers such as DarkSydePhil your screwed because you have little to no money that is being made from your videos and sooner or later your going to need to get a job.

How the hell does that guy still continue making those terrible videos, is 36k over videos with so little views not obvious enough to him that he sucks at making content and should go get a job?

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Wish ads weren't a thing 

Psst. That's communism  wanna join the new communism movement? no ads in the new world we gonna build

PLOT TWIST, YOU ARE ACTUALLY A COMMUNIST

MODS! MODS!

How the hell does that guy still continue making those terrible videos, is 36k over videos with so little views not obvious enough to him that he sucks at making content and should go get a job?

Who DarkSydePhil? I wasn't talking about anyone in specifically I was speaking in general.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Who DarkSydePhil? I wasn't talking about anyone in specifically I was speaking in general.

This guy especially tho

This guy especially tho

sorry miss read answer yea DSP not sure how he's still not forced to get  a job

I have ad block on all of the ads that come up when I am on Google Chrome.