.w. Corsair RM750w Opinions?

Kenji the Uke

I do have another PSU in mind other than this one, and frequenters of this specific subforum know what it is, but I wanted to know, opinions? 3: It looks pretty solid

Moist

EVGA G2 or GS PSU's, Seasonic, XFX psu's as well

Yeah do that. I'm going with an XFX PSU personally.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

EVGA G2 or GS PSU's, Seasonic, XFX psu's as well

I was thinking of the SeaSonic Evo 3: 750w, but its only Bronze rated.. I mean both are epic but I wanna know specific opinions about this PSU

Moist

It's a pretty good PSU. Generally overpriced for what it is, though. 

Even at 105 dollars? owo

Moist

I was thinking of the SeaSonic Evo 3: 750w, but its only Bronze rated.. I mean both are epic but I wanna know specific opinions about this PSU

Said bronze rated PSU would perform miles better than a CS750M even though that's gold rated...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Even at 105 dollars? owo

Yep, there's better PSUs for the same price or cheaper. EVGA G2 750W is $82 (or about $102 without MIR). 

The RM series uses cheaper secondary capacitors, as opposed to the full Japanese caps on units like the G2. Still, the RM series is decent, just there are better options at the same price point. 

Even at 105 dollars? owo

IMHO grab it at that price, I got my RM750 at around 900DKK (£90 or approx $150). It's a rather good price, and the PSU is dead silent compared to my previous experience with a SuperNova 750W G2. I might have been unlucky with the G2, but so far the RM750 has been perfect.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Yep, there's better PSUs for the same price or cheaper. EVGA G2 750W is $82 (or about $102 without MIR). 

The RM series uses cheaper secondary capacitors, as opposed to the full Japanese caps on units like the G2. Still, the RM series is decent, just there are better options at the same price point. 

Whut would be the equivilent model from Seasonic? 3:~~

IMHO grab it at that price, I got my RM750 at around 900DKK (£90 or approx $150). It's a rather good price, and the PSU is dead silent compared to my previous experience with a SuperNova 750W G2. I might have been unlucky with the G2, but so far the RM750 has been perfect.

owo Oumai. Your comment will be taken into consideration! Thank yew.

Moist

The RM series is fairly mediocre compared to the other PSUs in that price range and cheaper ones as well.

And while the capacitors aren't all Japanese, they are still rated at 105°C.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=141989 by JonnyGuru

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Whut would be the equivilent model from Seasonic? 3:~~

owo Oumai. Your comment will be taken into consideration! Thank yew.

Well, the closest in price would be the S12G-750, but it's not modular, so I wouldn't go for it. 

Technically, the equivalent Seasonic unit would be the EVGA GS 750W, which is made by Seasonic, then branded by EVGA. The G2 series is made by SuperFlower, who are also an excellent OEM, like Seasonic. 

Yeah, they're not bad, but in terms of reliability (at least, reputation wise), they're not ideal. 

Like I've said, the RM series isn't bad, but there are places where money has been saved, but the end price is the same as better quality units. 

Yeah, they're not bad, but in terms of reliability (at least, reputation wise), they're not ideal. 

Like I've said, the RM series isn't bad, but there are places where money has been saved, but the end price is the same as better quality units. 

I feel like the reputation is from the early RM revisions, the latest ones seem to have zero issues with reliability, and they don't seem to have any defects. The earliest revisions had issues with the fan turning on after reaching a power level, not the temperature level.

To be honest it also seems like all forums are shaming on Corsair for being a bit pricier. EVGA G2 is better on paper, IMHO the RM750 wins in real life because I had issues with the EVGA one. This reputation is from rumours spreading throughout forums, who actually knows what the impact of slightly worse secondary capacitors mean? I don't but it seems they are rated for the same temperature as japs

On topic:

My opinion, the RM750 has bad rep because of people spreading false rumours, and still bashing on the earliest of revisions that are now fixed. Getting a RM750w TODAY should have zero issues. I am 100% satisfied and would buy it again(something I can't say about any of my other parts, even the Noctua fans). Up to OP which one he wants

I feel like the reputation is from the early RM revisions, the latest ones seem to have zero issues with reliability, and they don't seem to have any defects. The earliest revisions had issues with the fan turning on after reaching a power level, not the temperature level.

To be honest it also seems like all forums are shaming on Corsair for being a bit pricier. EVGA G2 is better on paper, IMHO the RM750 wins in real life because I had issues with the EVGA one. This reputation is from rumours spreading throughout forums, who actually knows what the impact of slightly worse secondary capacitors mean? I don't but it seems they are rated for the same temperature as japs

On topic:

My opinion, the RM750 has bad rep because of people spreading false rumours, and still bashing on the earliest of revisions that are now fixed. Getting a RM750w TODAY should have zero issues. I am 100% satisfied and would buy it again(something I can't say about any of my other parts, even the Noctua fans). Up to OP which one he wants

It never really had issues, as such. It's a good unit, but it is still overpriced. Even if it matched the specs of the G2 unit, it's still more expensive for no apparent reason.