Is Norton 360 THAT bad?

My parents pay for Norton 360 (please don't ask why, I honestly don't know) and I thought that I might as well use it too. Is there anything bad about it, besides it being overpriced? I just have too many problems with Windows Defender taking too much of my CPU all the time :L

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

It isn't a bad Antivirus, just overpriced basically.

A power user like most people on the forums can get by just fine with malwarebytes + Windows Defender + Common Sense

Overpriced, resource intensive, and the big one... the detection rates are not great. Most malware can disable it making it completely useless. Even the worst of the worst paid remote administration tools all the kids are using these days generally bypass Norton.

blackshades on

It's gotten better over the years, but I continue to recommend against it in favor of free options and not going to sketchy websites.

Nope

I loved it when I had it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

By bad you mean it is not better than the free AVs available and is a massive resource hog, and causes an insane amount of glitches with old versions/hardware including not letting you connect to internet without updating AV but not able to update AV without internet?

Yea not that bad...

Seriously, please don't.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Its really cpu intensive. lower end computers really suffer with norton. Its also way overpriced and hackers can get around it 

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

It's fine for me. I'm in the same situation, my parents pay for it and it covers multiple systems so I thought "why the hell not?"

I find it gives me a lot of false positives but for the most part works as intended. Never had any malware issues with any of the systems it's currently installed on.

Years ago it had a bad rep due to it being a resource hog but always a good AV. It is much lighter now and offers some of the best protection. I recently jumped ship to BitDefender only because it was considerably cheaper, if Norton was the same price I would still be on it. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

My parents pay for Norton 360 (please don't ask why, I honestly don't know) and I thought that I might as well use it too. Is there anything bad about it, besides it being overpriced? I just have too many problems with Windows Defender taking too much of my CPU all the time :L

I've been using Norton 360 since it first came out. I've shifted to Norton Security (Pretty much the rebirth of Norton 360). Norton Security lets you protect 5 PCs (You can split the key with friends to reduce the overall cost) instead of the usual 3 PCs with 360. I've never had any issues with it slowing down my PC what so ever. It usually only ever runs when my PC idles. Even when I manually force a scan, it doesn't suck enough resources for me to care.

As for infections, you are the primary antivirus. Norton is just a backup. I've never managed to get my PC infected at all over the years though.

My server runs Symantec Endpoint Protection because it's running Windows Server 2012 R2. It's about a year old now. No issues there either, but wow, Symantec's stuff isn't quite as user friendly as Norton (Took me a while to notice that the settings aren't in the program, but on the website interface. It uses cloud policies to control the Endpoint Protection.)

i would stick with Malwarebytes and maybe AVG/Avast. As a poweruser, i felt Norton was WWAAYY to over protective and I found it extremely annoying.