Good budget mechanical keyboard

I've been using a membrane keyboard ever since i started playing PC(2 years) does any one recommend a keyboard under 200$ to get me in to the mechanical keyboard club   :)

Keyboard_Construction_Layer.JPG

Logitech G710, it is a good one I use the blues but it is however very loud, I think my neighbors can hear. What would be your budget? A Corsair K70 is the best one but for 170. What is the budget?

CM Storm Quickfire series, Corsair K70 or K95 RGB, Ducky keyboards are good, and the DAS keyboards is something I would recommend!

By the way, 200 dollars is not really a 'budget keyboard' :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

200$  is more than enough to suit your needs, you`ll get away with 150$ for K70 or even less for K95, I would get one of those or Ducky or Das Keyboard

All real solid

to game or not to game, that`s the question

you could save money and get a compact one. (ten-keyless)

I got the corsair k65rgb on sale at best buy for $100.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

$200 is not a budget keyboard. That's the Cadillac of keyboards. 

BB has the Strafe RGB Silent for $130 till Jan 23

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-strafe-rgb-mx-silent-gaming-keyboard-black/4370907.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=1219738782240&skuId=4370907&productCategoryId=abcat0513004

The K70 only actually does 512 colors not 16.8 million due to the cheap controller chips they put on it. They fixed that with the Strafe.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

Personally, if I was buying a mechanical keyboard right now, my short list would be:

• Corsair Strafe RGB for RGB
  • Corsair K70 RGB for RGB with an excess of features
  • CM Storm QuickFire TK for a backlit keyboard that saves space

Things I would stay away from are mechanical keyboards with custom switches, such as Logitech G910 and G410 and SteelSeries Apex M800. Reason being that if you ever want to replace the keycaps for any reason, you're shit out of luck as they are not compatible with Cherry keycaps, which amounts to 100% of third party keycaps. Also I would steer clear from Razer, as their keyboard uses non-Cherry switches but has a price of a Cherry keyboard.

Also, since you're not on a tiny budget, you should probably avoid Kailh as well. They are cheaper, but with your price range there is no reason to worry about that.

@[member=Hvdflorida]:

$200 is not a budget keyboard. That's the Cadillac of keyboards. 

Everything is a budget keyboard. "Budget" itself doesn't, hasn't and never will mean "cheap". Budget simply means that you have a specific amount of money you are willing to put towards this product. For example, filming budgets for movies are in hundreds of millions of US dollars. Similarly, "tight budget" does not mean "I have very little money to spend on this", but rather "I cannot go over this number".

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

I've been using a membrane keyboard ever since i started playing PC(2 years) does any one recommend a keyboard under 200$ to get me in to the mechanical keyboard club   :)

I've got a Tesoro Lobera RGB for about $120 the new one is the Lobera spectrum RGB. I actually quite like the keyboard and I've had good comments about it from friends who have used it after trying Cherry MX Browns. Be aware that it uses Kailh which is a cheaper switch but it honestly doesn't feel that different from the 2013 Blackwiddow and I've had this keyboard for over a year and a half now.

For its price its a decent keyboard. Another good one that might be worth looking at when it comes out is the Asus Claymore, its a full size keyboard with a removable ten keyless, RGB, and Cherry switches. Could be worth the wait.

mudgee - Jedi System Builder

I'v been hugely happy with my Quickfire TK and for $200, I assume USD not CAD? You could could get a nice K70 or Ducky Shine 5.

Personally, I'd shoot for under $100, which I've managed via Black Friday and keeping an eye on deal sites. My G710 was $50 USD + tax Best Buy Black Friday. Cougar 600K was a $70 + tax holiday deal on Newegg. And I just picked up the Blackwidow Ultimate for $55 + tax Razer CES 1 day 50% off promo.

In the end I really just wish I had bought two G710 on Black Friday. I really like it the most. And it was the biggest 'deal'.

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

Sadly, "good" and "budget" don't usually get along together in the case with mechanical keyboards. If you are on a really tight budget but want to get a good mechanical keyboard then you must be patient. Wait for those special deals and discounts to make your purchase.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Sadly, "good" and "budget" don't usually get along together in the case with mechanical keyboards. If you are on a really tight budget but want to get a good mechanical keyboard then you must be patient. Wait for those special deals and discounts to make your purchase.

For the prices I've paid, the only comparable options were really cheap no-name brands using kailh switches (well Razer is a big-name brand using kailh switches lol). 

For the prices I've paid, the only comparable options were really cheap no-name brands using kailh switches (well Razer is a big-name brand using kailh switches lol).

True, and honestly even though kailh switches have been bashed on and compared to Cherry switches as inferior, it still feels better than typing on membrane switches IMO. In the case with Razer, however, I am only willing to pay half or less the price tag they put on theor keyboards.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The POK3R from Vortex with RGB backlights. Lowframe and 60%, what more can you ask for?

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

The POK3R from Vortex with RGB backlights. Lowframe and 60%, what more can you ask for?

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Keycaps-Cherry-Mx-Clear/dp/B00OFM6F80

I would ask for a price that is 60% of what it goes for normally. And even then... That'd be still too much to me

if you are in the states best buy has the Corsair Strafe RBG with mx silent switches on sale for 129. I just picked one up today. It's not the cheapest you can, but the features for the price are great.

If you are into mmos: Corsair k95 with cherry browns. Me Gusta.

Usually Corsair's mech keyboards are considered godlike for build quaility and performance

I personally enjoy the G410 over the K70 because I'm weird like that

There are a lot of good mech keyboards under 120 dollars.

Just stay away from the apex m800

If you're interested in Cooler Master Novatouch TKL with Black on Black PBT Keycaps, let me know!