Looking for some headphones

Mattjames74

I'm currently looking for some headphones to listen to music and for gaming. Would I be safe to get any headphones from sennheiser? Then when the time come to it I could just get the next one up or the one I could afford next? Any advice would help :D

I'm currently looking for some headphones to listen to music and for gaming. Would I be safe to get any headphones from sennheiser? Then when the time come to it I could just get the next one up or the one I could afford next? Any advice would help :D

Sehnheiser is a safe bet. What's your budget?

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Sehnheiser is a safe bet. What's your budget?

I'm not really sure to be fair, I don't really no how much I'm looking for a fairy good pair. I don't want to really spend something like £200, so under 200 is properly workable. I could always upgrade when the times goood.

The headphones that I'm upswing only cost £35 ish so there not great. But I do have a pair of AKG K1000 but I can't really put them into a sound card in my computer can I?

I'm not really sure to be fair, I don't really no how much I'm looking for a fairy good pair. I don't want to really spend something like £200, so under 200 is properly workable. I could always upgrade when the times goood.

The headphones that I'm upswing only cost £35 ish so there not great. But I do have a pair of AKG K1000 but I can't really put them into a sound card in my computer can I?

you have a pair of AKG K1000s? SELL ME THEM!

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Lol there's no way you have them, it's a $2.5k headphones.

Edit - if you really do, sell them on eBay for $2.5k, and take a vacation. If you plug a sound card into them I may have to go to your house and take your headphone listening rights taken away. Buy a real headphone amp/dac...

Ath M-30 may be in your price range.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

AKG K1000 is a very nice headphone (although not all that comfortable), they sound absolutely amazing. I own a pair as well. :)

Where do you people get these headphones 0.o

Parent's mid-life crises in the 90's?  There are quite a few of them around still.  Still, it's a pretty silly looking pair of earspeakers, and my gut tells me Harman is working on a new AKG flagship.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Yes, word of the wise.  If you see some old headphone in your grandpa's attic and it's in a box, it's probably worth some bucks.  Just saying.

EDIT:

Is there a way I could uses then for gaming as well?

Get one of the headphone amps it's meant to run with and plug that into your computer, maybe.  Or you could be the guinea pig to figure out if an O2 can power that sucker to any sort of volume.

Yes, word of the wise.  If you see some old headphone in your grandpa's attic and it's in a box, it's probably worth some bucks.  Just saying. EDIT:    Get one of the headphone amps it's meant to run with and plug that into your computer, maybe.  Or you could be the guinea pig to figure out if an O2 can power that sucker to any sort of volume.

So would I just plug the amp into my onbord audio? And what kind of amp am I looking for?

So would I just plug the amp into my onbord audio? And what kind of amp am I looking for?

God no, don't plug that headphone into anything other than a dedicated headphone amp. Shoot me a message, I'll see if I can build you an amp with enough power to drive them.

Your going to have to spend a few hundred bucks to get those headphones to sound good, there's no way around it.

God no, don't plug that headphone into anything other than a dedicated headphone amp. Shoot me a message, I'll see if I can build you an amp with enough power to drive them.

Your going to have to spend a few hundred bucks to get those headphones to sound good, there's no way around it.

I've heard anecdotes that the O2 got them loud enough at about 80% on the 6.5x gain setting.  But these were head-fiers so it may be much less than that.

I'd just get a 4pin xlr and stick them on a speaker amp, but I'm a little crazy.

well, not in this case, they ARE speakers you wear on your head, pretty much.

Hahaha I sure do :D

Pics or it didnt happen :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!