Is 1080p still okay at 27"?

HelplmChoking
Go to solution Solved by Unhelpful,

Just, if I were to move from 2 x 1080p 23" IPS displays to 2 x 27" ones, would I need to go 1440p? Or is 1080p still usable?

To me? No. To you? Maybe. It's all personal preference. I personally dislike 1080p at any size above 24". See if you can go to a store to get an idea for the pixel density, see if there are any good ones on display.

Just, if I were to move from 2 x 1080p 23" IPS displays to 2 x 27" ones, would I need to go 1440p? Or is 1080p still usable?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

To me? No. To you? Maybe. It's all personal preference. I personally dislike 1080p at any size above 24". See if you can go to a store to get an idea for the pixel density, see if there are any good ones on display.

It depend how close the monitor is to your eyes ... for me it ok as 1440p monitor 27inch are quite expensive and they is no massive difference. 

Magical Pineapples

I thought as much, its for content creation so I had though 1440p would be a must. Sadly, this is the PC I run my business off, as well as game in my spare time (as limited as it is), so I'd need to invest in at least a new GPU to game at that res.

If you are used to the pixel density of 1080p at 23" 27" is going to look real blocky.

My friend has a 1080p 144hz monitor that is 27" and it looks very odd to me because im used to a 1440p 25" monitor, however your experience may differ.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If you are used to the pixel density of 1080p at 23" 27" is going to look real blocky.

My friend has a 1080p 144hz monitor that is 27" and it looks very odd to me because im used to a 1440p 25" monitor, however your experience may differ.

Cheers for the advice, I'll just stay jealous of the screen on my girlfriend's 27" iMac for now :P The monitors can change when I upgrade the whole system then. Then I'll just have to choose between 2 monitors or an ultrawide..

The only 1080p 27" monitor worth buying is the Benq XL2720Z, due to its excellent blur reduction capability and ability to change overdrive settings to a far more comfortable level than the 24" Benq versions (even though this is due to a firmware "bug").  If not for the firmware bugs that allow AMA to be improved considerably (especially the blur reduction off AMA high setting) to far better than the 24" versions can do, I would not recommend it.