Sagging ASUS Strix 970's in SLI

Nataku

Hello,

I was wondering how people addressed their sagging strix 970's. Both of mine are starting to sag.

I have a ASUS Maximus VII Hero motherboard, 2 ASUS Strix GTX 970's with stock coolers and a Define S case.

Thank you

i have a piece of string from the very corner of my strix to the top of my case.

it actually has a very nice point to mount a string to.

EDIT: bottom right:

GTX-970-STRIX-7.jpg

Hello,

I was wondering how people addressed their sagging strix 970's. Both of mine are starting to sag.

I have a ASUS Maximus VII Hero motherboard, 2 ASUS Strix GTX 970's with stock coolers and a Define S case.

Thank you

I'm using a solid SLI Bridge which addressed the sagging issue somewhat but they seem super droopy.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Use some thin rope or twine (transparent fishing line should work well) to attach to the corner of the card, and the top of the case as @manikyath said.

My 780ti has a nicely placed screw hole in the corner that isnt being used, so if your card has something like that, it should work well.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

i have a piece of string from the very corner of my strix to the top of my case.

it actually has a very nice point to mount a string to.

EDIT: bottom right:

GTX-970-STRIX-7.jpg

Can you please show me pics of how it is mounted inside the case? Also, what kind of string are you using?

Hello,

Thank you

My MSI sags a lot.

It's quite concerning, but if it was an issue im sure they would have resolved it by now, or come up with a solution.

(Try get a backplate?)

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Can you please show me pics of how it is mounted inside the case? Also, what kind of string are you using?

i'd have to pull it out from under my desk, but i basicly took some thin iron wire, wrappred it around the coner bracket (where the screw is on the picture, it wraps very nicely to the black bracket.)

then its just a matter of going to the top of your case.

if you have something more flexible thats heat resistant i'd suggest using that instead, as the iron wire doesnt look too great.

I'm using a solid SLI Bridge which addressed the sagging issue somewhat but they seem super droopy.

Mine seems like both cards are about to fall out of the PCIe slots

Mine doesn't sag, I'm special.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Mine seems like both cards are about to fall out of the PCIe slots

That seems od mine was really bad but I'd try getting an EVGA, Asus, MSI solid SLI Bridge. 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I'll post pictures as soon as I get home later.

Thank you for all the input!