WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1. I have a Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD as a boot drive and for commonly used and intensive programs.
For storage, games and media I have x2 2TB Western Digital Black drives. One of them has programs, games and any other non-media files on it with the second drive having my movies and music on it and being shared over the network so it can be accessed from the laptop and other devices. 
I chose these as they are good brands and I don't trust Seagate HDDs after having many die on me. Another reason I chose these drives is they are fast and I can't stand slow computers.

2. Oliver Skrzynski http://www.facebook.com/oliver.skrzynski/posts/654815521209907

3. @OeEss   http://twitter.com/OeEss/status/383937912045174784

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

I have 6 drives in all but I need more. My system is a 5 year old system with only 4 SATA connectors.

I have a 500 GB drive that came with the system and I use that for booting and data. It took about a year before the drive was full.

So I purchased another 500 GB Seagate internal drive. It took just 6 months before that was full. I then puchased another 500 GB external Drive and moved some data from my internal drives to the external ones. This reached its capacity within a year. I then purchased another 1 TB external drive hoping it would last me atleast 2 years. But it only took 8 months to fill this up. Data was not growing linearly, it was growing exponentially. Plus I realized that even though I have 4 drives none of the data on those drives were backed up. Not only do I need a new larger drive but I also need atleast a 2 TB drive just to back up my existing data. To make matters worse we had the Thailand floods which jacked up the disk prices. I had to resort to using older disk from my earlier PC. This was a big pain. Whenever I needed data from these drives I had to remove one of the internal drive and replace with the other ones. Finally last year I saved up enough to buy a western digital 3 TB external drive. This is now 80% full. I compressed all my big files to same some space but my guess is that this will last me by December. What I need now are some really large capacity drives where I can consolidate all my data, remove duplicate data, organize and classify them. Hope I win.

1.I have built a desktop with a 1TB WD 7200 rpm Hard Drive etc etc...I personally donot prefer SSD especially in developing countries like India where replacing Computer Parts is an issue, conventional Hard drives are used regularly in India. Also, the other reason being the price...i personally donot have a heavy work load...so if want to buy a 1TB SSD...that would eat up my entire budget...I think SATA drives are cost efficient.

2. Facebook share from (https://www.facebook.com/sRESTyINPIECES)  

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @saisresty

4. Community Site share with nickname https://www.facebook.com/groups/178157578910584/

I'm currently running two 1TB hard drives, one of drives for the operating system and other main files and the other hard drive all the game installations. I'm also running two 2TB hard drives and two 3TB hard drives for storage purposes. I'm currently running this setup because it was cost effective and I bought all these hard drives when they were on sale and it currently gives me adequate amount of storage for my media.

These 4TB Western Digital Red drives are interesting to me because it would allow me to consolidate my drives and I would eventually be able to get a SSD drive to replace my current drive to run my operating system and gain a great boost in terms of responsiveness.

Hi Linus, I want the WD Red 4TB because to be honest, I can't really afford too much in terms of Hard Drives. I am trying to get rid of this 1TB WD Green drive because it just isn't doing it anymore. It's starting to make the song of its people, it is getting full to the point at which I am now debating getting certain games, and I am now forced to dump a lot of fraps footage of me playing my favorite games with friends. I hope that I could win a drive from a fellow Canadian, and I am a huge fan of your videos (If I am going to try winning, I better be a suckup!) and finally, that new hard drive would be going in a brand new rig (Funded by selling my snowmobile. . . It hasnt sold yet.) And I would be fanboying all over it.

If I don't win, it's not the end of the world, If I do, well, I will love you long time (Even longer than originally!)

Hi Linus!

I'm currently running a 140GB SSD from Corsair and 1TB harddrive from WD. The main problem why I haven't been able to put more money and effort into bigger storage, is thanks to the medical bills of my cancer. That's the main reason. Then it's thanks to friends...

My cancer and the bills is putting alot of stress and pain. I can't even afford a harddrive :(

I'm running the current ssdharddrive just for some games, alot of music files, pictures etc. I can just have 8 steam games at the moment installed. So a harddrive would made my day. If I don't win, then I guess somebody else deserve it so much more :)

Will stay as a strong fan Linus! Take care mate! :D

Bonus Entrys:

Twitter share with Twitter handle @davrsnipingpc: https://twitter.com/davrsnipingpc/status/384071635742896128

Facebook share from (Benjamin Grevstig): https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002459753322

that's all :) Best of luck to all good people out there ;)

I have it because i have a lot of data. i'm a photographer. i'm using flexraid running 3 2TB drives with one parity. and i use a samsung 250gn 830 series as boot drive. 

Im running an 128Gb SSD, and since I had no money left I bought like the crappiest and chepast HDD I could find:

Seagate 320Gb

I'm just running that, since I needed something to save my games on and I needed something cheap

All I have is Seagate 500GB ST3500418AS HDD. I choose to buy this HDD, because it was a great price with a 5 year warranty and I got a lot of recommendation that Seagate provide better after sales service and support in my region.

This is my HDD partitions:
98 GB(C:) - OS
368 GB(D:) - I use this partition to store everything

I run a SAMSUNG 149Gb Hard Drive as it was the only hard drive i could fit into my budget at the time and it currently holds all my games my OS and I store everything on it as it is the only storage solution i have at the moment 

1. Using a Samsung 830 128gb SSD because I want speed for windows, certain games and applications, that I got at good price back then. Chose Samsung as they have low RMA rate as far I know. Also got an old 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 for everything else.

3. Twitter @Fidovoff: https://twitter.com/Fidovoff/status/384369471625777152

For my system i bought a single 500gb hard drive, the reason for this was because at that time i didn't have the money for anything more and I also thought it would be plenty of space, however today I'm having to delete many things because of storage 

For my system i bought a single 500gb hard drive, the reason for this was because at that time i didn't have the money for anything more and I also thought it would be plenty of space, however today I'm having to delete many things because of storage 

I'm using an 128gb ssd for my main drive and a couple of 750gb WD greens for storage along with a 2tb drive, Why? because they were all really cheap at the time :)

I am currently having 4x a TB Drive plus a 500GB Boot HDD. My next upgrade will be a larger HDD (this one maybe?) and a ASUS RaidR 250GB because i move to a new case. The Cirsair Air 540 only has 2 3.5" drivebays. I use this configuration because i bought the HDDs on the cheap and stacked them for more capacity. Slow, but sufficient ;)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/t4cc0re/statuses/384424465976668160 (@@T4cC0re)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Xendo94/posts/569870559747062 (Hendrik Meyer)

Personal rig: Silverstone SG13 Case | AMD Ryzen 1700 | Biostar X370GTN |  EVGA GTX1080 Superclocked w/ FTW BIOS  | 450W SFX PSU | 16GB GSKILL DDR4-2666 | Roccat Ryus MK Pro Keyboard & Roccat Kone XTD Mouse | Samsung 850Pro NVMe PCIe SSD 256GB

Working Laptop: Thinkpad T460p with Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.6 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | Intel HD 530 | GeForce 940MX | 256 GB Crucial M500 SSD 

I have a 500 gb SATA some random cheap brand harddrive at 5400 rpm. It's just what came with my computer.

I've got two external hard drives in my setup, one WD and one Seagate. I mainly use them for entertainment media, and a friend said they'd be ideal for this purpose. I'm looking towards getting a second TV, ideally one that will run the content off of the drive via USB. Samsung seems best, so far.

WD 1TB Black for boot drive because I wanted a large drive but something not to slow

WD 1TB x 2 green drives because they where cheap and only used for storage so speed didn't matter

Hitachi 1TB and Samsung 1TB because I didn't want all the same types of drives.

I run 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128gb, and a 1TB Western Digital Blue. And a western digital black 640gb in my Synology nas(I bought this drive for an older machine many years ago and it was lying around at the time)

I actually started off with a single seagate 1tb drive and slowly added my first OCZ SSD, I picked the vertex 4 because it showed one of the best performance at the time with reviews on my board, the 5 year warranty was a massive bonus as SSD we're still flakey at the time. I bought a second one a year later to run in raid, the day I enabled raid and was installing my second SSD my seagate drive failed, I decided it best to leave my system without raid at this stage and I went out and bought a western digital 1tb drives as replacement as I have had some in the past and they have never failed. I currently dedicate my first SSD to windows and core programs, my second to user files(documents) and my favourite games like Starcraft! And my storage drive has every thing else like my entire steam library of 100+ games and backups etc.

My nas drive off has all my home media ready to stream.

I'm using a 120GB OCZ Agility 3 for my boot drive and a 1TB Seagate for storage in my main rig (The price was right for the SSD + wanted to upgrade to an SSD finally, didn't need much space for storage on this machine)

I have all my backups and media stored on my UnRAID server (14TB - 1x WD 2TB Parity Drive, 7x WD 2TB Green - got a fantastic deal for these drives when I built it a couple years ago)

I bought these drives based on reccomendations from friends, reviews and warranty

FB Share - Andrew Pham - https://www.facebook.com/apham17/posts/10151880791613798

Tweeted - @apham17 - https://twitter.com/apham17/status/384517439947407360

1. I run a Plextor m5 pro 128gb ssd for my boot drive for my main system and server because they offer great performance with a 5 year warranty. My server runs an additional 4x750gb hitachi drives using flexraid because I need a central location on the network to store all my media (movies tv shows and music) and backups.

2. Facebook share from (Joel Tan): https://www.facebook.com/joel.tan.wj/posts/10151672968143359

I currently have 2 ten year old 120GB IDE's because I was on a really tight budget when i built my computer so I used some parts I had lying around. I was a broke CS major at the time. Now I'm a broke unemployed CS graduate so I still have the same harddrives. I'd eventually like to upgrade to an ssd boot drive and a 4tb storage drive in a itx case so this would help.

I am currently using a 2TB Hard Drive (don't know the brand) on my iMac (Q_Q), since it was at a reasonable price, and I needed the storage for pictures, movies, etc. I didn't opt for the SSD/Hard Drive combo option since at the time, I didn't feel like it would be a huge benefit (regret it now). I would love to use these drives for a future NAS build that I plan on building for the family. 

Hi i hope is no late to apply :D i have 2 little ssd in raid 0 240 gb is not cool. I have working with video,  so for that i just start using the HHD from my old pc is a seagate with 1tb and is sux! my game record fail a lot cus of the hhd it take like 5 seconds from idle to working u.u and it frezze my pc!! i cant record in my WD book live duo for those heavy videos u.u and i cant buy my wd blue this year cus of debt u.u

Twitter :Dhttps://twitter.com/Spionner/status/384556786792939520

FB: https://www.facebook.com/emmanuel.ejemje/posts/10202070510748565

Love u linus. bye