Silverstone SG13

killallbot1993
Go to solution Solved by rafazafar,

hello guys! How are you? I'm interested to buy SG13 case from silverstone. So my question is what is your opinion about this case? Any good/bad expirience with this case?

someone said sg13? :) pain in the ass to install large parts, but oh so rewarding :)

Overall thumbs up. PM me if u need help wondering what fits and what doesnt.

ps. i crammed an atx 860w psu, msi 390x, 2 ssd, 1hdd, 120mm aio, and a mimo wifi antenna(came with the vi impact). amazing little bugger.. 

hello guys! How are you? I'm interested to buy SG13 case from silverstone. So my question is what is your opinion about this case? Any good/bad expirience with this case?

Make sure you have everything planned out and measurements are correct, especially if you're going for a Mini-ITX case.

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

someone said sg13? :) pain in the ass to install large parts, but oh so rewarding :)

ps. i crammed an atx 860w psu, msi 390x, 2 ssd, 1hdd, 120mm aio, and a mimo wifi antenna(came with the vi impact). amazing little bugger.. 

Make sure you have everything planned out and measurements are correct, especially if you're going for a Mini-ITX case.

that is a mini itx case

of course I planed everything

sfx 600w, asus 980ti reference and corsair h60

that is a mini itx case

of course I planed everything

sfx 600w, asus 980ti reference and corsair h60

aww thats too easy to install. ull have no problems at all 

Here's my review:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/527539-silverstone-sg13-my-replacement-to-my-beloved-sg05/

I'm like the SFF guy around here, welcome to the forum. I've owned and modified an SG05, and the SG13 was my replacement since the SG05 got quite beaten up and it was eventually time for a new case. Great chassis, provides several needed improvements over the SG05, and it looks great. I'm glad I purchased mine.

And if you're wondering about GPU length, I'd say the absolute maximum length is the reference R9 290/290X, and even then you're going to have to break a couple clips on the front panel to prevent any bulging.

You crammed a 390X in there? How were the front panel dust filter clips? I had to cut mine off to fit my 290, and I'm pretty sure the MSI 390X is a longer card.

You crammed a 390X in there? How were the front panel dust filter clips? I had to cut mine off to fit my 290, and I'm pretty sure the MSI 390X is a longer card.

i trimmed the metal pieces around the hole in the front plate, the clips are not touched. Its not that long, its just so fat, i had to make the hole bigger.

i trimmed the metal pieces around the hole in the front plate, the clips are not touched. Its not that long, its just so fat, i had to make the hole bigger.

Really?

That's interesting, because a lot of reviews tell me the 390X from MSI is longer than the reference 290. That's why I haven't gotten one. But if it fits (even if I have to cut it, you should see my last case xD) then I will probably pick one up now since I've been wanting a 390X.

Really?

That's interesting, because a lot of reviews tell me the 390X from MSI is longer than the reference 290. That's why I haven't gotten one. But if it fits (even if I have to cut it, you should see my last case xD) then I will probably pick one up now since I've been wanting a 390X.

Its a bit of an extreme cut and still a tight fit. but a fit is a fit, even with slight flex(non damaging).

i didnt cut so well, was using a new budget dremel, came with the shittiest cutting wheels ever.

Really?

http://imgur.com/a/5LsYh

http://imgur.com/a/mHbRO

Its a bit of an extreme cut and still a tight fit. but a fit is a fit, even with slight flex(non damaging).

http://imgur.com/a/5LsYh

http://imgur.com/a/mHbRO

edit: added some photos

Excellent-ay I will definitely consider one now that I know it fits. Thanks!

Btw, it's a LOT easier to use an SFX PSU, I had an ATX PSU installed but it's a lot roomier with SFX. Check out my review if you want to see my build :D

Excellent-ay I will definitely consider one now that I know it fits. Thanks!

Btw, it's a LOT easier to use an SFX PSU, I had an ATX PSU installed but it's a lot roomier with SFX. Check out my review if you want to see my build :D

Yeah. but i didnt have the cash to buy an sfx, and i kinda still loved my seasonic 860w plat. :) due to a lame fan mode switch and the modular cable positions, i couldnt mount the psu fan facing down. but oh well.. the LTT fan is doing its job.

I managed to fit a 980ti kingpin (11"), a blu ray drive and an atx psu... Obiously i did some mods on the case, but only internals... I can post some pics if you want