Itiots on Tek Syndicate's Forum

skullrebell

So similarly to on here i was asking for recomendations for a 1440p gaming 21:9 monitor and i get their user "streetguru" now having delt with him in the past all he does is recomend you go 4k and massive monitors, due to it being the same ppi, but seriously this guy is just so dense, its comical.....

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/picking-a-21-9-gaming-monitor/95382 

Its a Championship not a Belt!

If you still want recommendations to 21:9 monitors, we can still help but unfortunately bitching about them on this forum isn't going to help and it won't go anywhere.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

You do know that "Streetguru" is also on this forum right? He wouldn't be happy if he saw this.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

If you still want recommendations to 21:9 monitors, we can still help but unfortunately bitching about them on this forum isn't going to help and it won't go anywhere.

infact i have a forum about it already but only one person has posted in it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/528533-picking-an-ultra-wide-monitor/#entry7015167

You do know that "Streetguru" is also on this forum right? He wouldn't be happy if he saw this.

i wouldnt mind if he saw it, ive told him the same thing about his recomendations.

True but if he really was just suggesting useless monitors then I don't blame skullrebell for bitching.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I love the predator x34 monitor but everywhere i buy electronics from is out fo stock or dosent carry it what are some other good ultra wide 1440p monitors you would recommend for gaming?

You seem like you've made your choice already. Why do you even ask other people for opinion?

Go on PCPartPicker and google the lineup of 1440p ultrawide panels.

It's not a market of 50 brands and 20 choices per model.

If you don't consider 4K, then the whole thread is quite pointless to be fair.

TekSyndicate forum is pretty crap anyways

all forums are craps atm :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

all forums are craps atm :P

There's plenty here as well :)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Here's your issue: Wendell dislikes ultra wide monitors and really likes 4k 40 inch instead. Now he actually has reasonable and well rounded arguments for his preference but I'm sure regular forum users wouldn't be as enlightened in their defense of 40 inch 4k

-------

Current Rig

-------

You seem like you've made your choice already. Why do you even ask other people for opinion?

Go on PCPartPicker and google the lineup of 1440p ultrawide panels.

It's not a market of 50 brands and 20 choices per model.

If you don't consider 4K, then the whole thread is quite pointless to be fair.

it was a thread asking for recommendations for other ultrawides other than the x34...

TS forums are mostly influenced by the ideas of TS, wow so hard to understand.  Asking for ultrawides in a community that in general isn't a fan of ultrawides isn't exactly smart.  Now the guy who replied to you would not let up about his whole idea that 40 inch 4K is superior, BUT, a lot of people would say the opposite in this forum.  Someone asking for a 4K will indubitably get pointed in the direction of 1440p Ultrawides.

It's like the whole thing with the Korean monitors.  Tek Syndicate loves them to death, and so does their community because they are such good value for money.  LTT is meh about them, so this community is meh about them, citing bad QC and B+ panel quality as reasons to not go with them.  None of these claims are wrong.  And none of that guys claims are wrong either, 40inch 4K is probably the best bang for buck, especially given how Ultrawides are prohibitively expensive, and cheapo Korean 4K monitors are like 500 bucks.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

tbf I wouldnt ever recommend an ultrawide either so yeah

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

it was a thread asking for recommendations for other ultrawides other than the x34...

What's there to recommend?

"I have that monitor, so it's great."

You rarely have people that had other monitors to compare so it's all just a pissing contest of "I bought this so it must be good".

Add a Freesync or Gsync into the matter and you're shorting the list by about 4 panels because that's the whole damn lineup.

If you're looking for a general opinion what should you buy - Hey, I'll recommend a 32 inch BenQ 3840x2160 which I'm having myself. 100% Adobe sRGB, 60Hz refresh rate, great quality, perfect size for the panel of a home office gaming monitor.

P26ZaPt.jpg

But you're not looking for a general opinion on panels, neither for what is reasonable to run based on your preferences and choices in your PC Build. You're looking for peer pressure what should you buy by someone's recommendation.

Don't.

Look the reviews yourself, don't be lazy, select the ones based on their specifications and what you can and will afford. And you complain about someone trying to give you more ideas about widening your spectrum into 4K suggesting - Hey, maybe buy this?

TS forums are mostly influenced by the ideas of TS, wow so hard to understand.  Asking for ultrawides in a community that in general isn't a fan of ultrawides isn't exactly smart.  Now the guy who replied to you would not let up about his whole idea that 40 inch 4K is superior, BUT, a lot of people would say the opposite in this forum.  Someone asking for a 4K will indubitably get pointed in the direction of 1440p Ultrawides.

It's like the whole thing with the Korean monitors.  Tek Syndicate loves them to death, and so does their community because they are such good value for money.  LTT is meh about them, so this community is meh about them, citing bad QC and B+ panel quality as reasons to not go with them.  None of these claims are wrong.  And none of that guys claims are wrong either, 40inch 4K is probably the best bang for buck, especially given how Ultrawides are prohibitively expensive, and cheapo Korean 4K monitors are like 500 bucks.

And that's a big problem.

Is it so hard to get an opinion of your own?

My mate's got a 34' Ultrawide (LG), and I have a 32' 4K (BenQ).

We both reached conclusions that from time to time we would swap with each other, because we see benefit in having either option.

I'm having much more vertical space, and the panel in general feels like a huge ass canvas to work with - meanwhile I'm envious of the FOV he has in video games - He sees much more stuff on the horizontal plane, as expected with Ultrawide.

Reddting on Ultrawide would personally annoy me, even though it's not a huge difference.

Both come with issues - Fallout 4 had problems with supporting it, while Battlefield 4 has a ridiculous scaling of GUI in 4K. I personally love the pixel density of a 4K panel, gaming on it is a completely new experience every single time you turn a game on, the screen clarity is mind boggling, the AntiAliasing more of a "bonus" than a necessity.

It really boils down to what you want - and if you are a reasonable customer - you look left, and right - and then make a choice. 

And regarding the 'He couldn't let go of the 4K thing' - Some people just can't handle facts, and fanboy about everything. If you keep an open mind, you're going to have an open discussion.

Another thing is, you came for recommendations and he gave you one. It wasn't what you expected, so you rage about it on a completely different forum? That's what boggles my mind.

Something your missing is I have told him on other forums I can't physically see 4k due to visual problems so he constantly says to go 4k

Also I know nothing of the specs of monitors or what they mean regarding gaming.... So that's why I asked for recommendations since to me I see a price and think that's more expensive so it must be better.