Hopefully we can say goodbye to petrol as a fuel.

LokiFire

that's still not good enough. if i want a car. i still want it to make noise. i can't stand a car that just whines. it's gotta growl or at least scream.

Run a turbo diesel with 4 electric hub motors. Best of both worlds and yes a electric car can break its tires loose better than most drift cars. But they program acceleration not to do that. So you cant test with anything off the shelf.

Run a turbo diesel with 4 electric hub motors. Best of both worlds and yes a electric car can break its tires loose better than most drift cars. But they program acceleration not to do that. So you cant test with anything off the shelf.

nah, i don't want to break traction too easily. that's what makes drifting fun, you have to provide just enough slip to slide the rear end while controlling it. that's fun.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

if the oil companies can do some research and try to make a cleaner version of gasoline, that has the same qualities as gasoline, but without the emissions, and made from something renewable, like water, then it's the best of both worlds really.

i miss the traditional v12 screaming away at 20k rpms and shifting. one continuous drone is boring, like those formula trash cars.

No emissions gasoline made from water and 20,000 RPM V12 engines? What world do you live in?

Formula 1 cars are a constant whine because they're moving at a near constant speed, and best power comes at high RPM. They're following the allowable formula for... formula racing. You can't just keep shifting forever like in The Fast and the Furious.

No emissions gasoline made from water and 20,000 RPM V12 engines? What world do you live in?

Formula 1 cars are a constant whine because they're moving at a near constant speed, and best power comes at high RPM. They're following the allowable formula for... formula racing. You can't just keep shifting forever like in The Fast and the Furious.

hey it could happen in the next 20-30 years or so. audi managed to make diesel from straight water. maybe gasoline could be made from water too some day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It can't be as bad as diesel.

Sure it is (was) cheap, but it smells like shit. Gasoline doesn't smell that great, but it's not near as bad as diesel. Diesel also pollutes a shit ton.

It can't be as bad as diesel.

Sure it is (was) cheap, but it smells like shit. Gasoline doesn't smell that great, but it's not near as bad as diesel. Diesel also pollutes a shit ton.

Diesel pollutes less than gasoline. It's less energy intensive to make, and burns more efficiently in the engine meaning you use less. The black smoke seen from diesel engines without particulate filters is just pure carbon.

hey it could happen in the next 20-30 years or so. audi managed to make diesel from straight water. maybe gasoline could be made from water too some day.

Yes they're making it from air, water, and a ton of power input (they're not the first by the way). Other than the lack of sulfur found in natural diesel (which we refine out now anyway with the ultra low sulfur diesel standard) it's the same as any other technology that turns atmospheric carbon into fuel. Those include all biodiesel products, ethanol production, and even burning wood. That's all material that was in the carbon cycle already.

I was hoping this wouldn't be a electric car video. Will never buy one. Ever.

Not as easy to do maintainable drift because all of the torque instantly, you're more likely to spin out. No thanks.

It's not good to speak with all or nothing statements. In there current state I wouldn't own a solely electric car. Though hybrids present a really good value in my opinion. What is really more important drifting or the environment? 

It's not good to speak with all or nothing statements. In there current state I wouldn't own a solely electric car. Though hybrids present a really good value in my opinion. What is really more important drifting or the environment? 

drifting. always drifting.

drifting. always drifting.

Again with all or nothing statements. We should work on that.