A bad situation just escalated into...

salah2000

If anyone saw my other thread then you know my problem was my y700 had one screw that was really stuck in there and any attampt to take it put ended in it starting to strip. I went to my local hardware store and i bought the best set of precision screwdivers there was and i pulled the right sized head out and pushed down and twisted. After repeating with duct tape and a rubber band, what i ended up with was a circle. Its like a rivet now... i dont know what to do. Do i drill into it or is it bad because im pretty sure my battery is in that area...... help

Do you have small tip pliers? Try to insert them and then extend them. Then twist. Just might work.

The screw is TINY

Time to drill then I guess...

a very small blob of superglue on the head, force the screwdriver in until it glues together, turn it

a very small blob of superglue on the head, force the screwdriver in until it glues together, turn it

just about to say this. tough if this also doesn't work, you might need to drill.

when drilling, make sure you drill just deep enough to just remove the head of the screw, so you won't damage any underlaying components!

If you can get enough traction, which you probably can't since it's tiny, try to grip the screw and turn it. This might be good to try before you drill/dremel it.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s