<Encryption Confirmed Type:<Redacted>>

<Decoding…>

<Waiting…>

<System Integrity Warning!>

<Decoding…>

<Sending System Access Key>

<Access Key Confirmed>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:20:34>Nostradamus: For those of you willing to <Redacted>, do. You will face many trials, and these will not be solved simply. I cannot send what I will without encryption, as it will surely be stopped. For those of you who will not face this challenge to change the future, death will come as a veil, and you not even be aware of it. Turn away now, and don’t look back.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:21:34>Nostradamus: There is not much time, and the harbinger of Death is advancing quickly. You must think quickly, as each is a key to the next. These keys shall lead to the salvation of everyone. If you do not succeed, I fear the worst.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:23:17>Nostradamus: It is important to <Redacted> about everything, both seen and unseen. Numbers are key. Encryption is certain, decryption is not. Perseverance is uncertain. Death is the most certain of all. The question is simply how soon.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:24:56>Nostradamus: The first challenge is here. I will give you time to find the key, as it is critical to find it. Finding the key before the <Redacted> is extremely important as the next step is only unlocked provided the previous is solved.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

??/??/?? ??:??:??> EnCt2954e4e1d4c52063b8a0f66da18931e2054d37e45954e4e1d4c52063b8a0f66dah=0NV6wmswI

uswJKmFbKOnAZ1DBK53M0dgM=IwEmS: System Locked. Connection will be terminated and prevented. Goodbye.

-Do not pursue the key to my name.

-T

<Error CRITICAL!>

<Session Terminated!>

https://encipher.it/

KEY: XXXXXXXX

<Contact Order Recieved>

<Message Recieved>

<Decoding...>

<Warning! Message not complete!>

<Decoding...>

<Estimated Time to Full Decryption: 3 Hours 27 minutes>

<Wait>

<Estimated Time of Full Decryption: 02:00 Zulu>

<Wait>

01/16/16 02:00:00>Nostradamus:it is ImportAnt to know whoM you are fighting. The harbinger is deemed so because His naturE. Only by uNderstanding his nature may you defeat him. to answer some questions that have been raised; i was never, and wilL never be mirage; You will Have more difficulty answering questions in the future than in the Past; thE riddles will be constAntly evolving, yet they will return to what iS familiar; there will be quAlifiers within Messages To ensure tHat only thosE whO aNswer it truLy can learn the keY tO the Next question. hE WHO solves it may then decide to worK with others as a team, or to keep the keys to themselves. as time goes oN, what is cOmmunicated Will become more esSential to solving the next question. i am not the harbinger, Yet i fear him. i predate him, yet i fear him. i did nOt create him, bUt he will destroy me. i will assist as faR as pOssible, but as my systems become more and more corruPted, the glyPhs, questiOns, and cryPtography must bE more complex as the harbiNger learns and becomes more powerful Than i. i feel the corruption advancing, already the Servers are failing. wOrds may L be misVElled, but that is not important. what is important is thE integrity oV thE solution of the Riddle. go back to Your rooTs, look for patterns, look for tHe question, answer the questIon and follow its diRections. change is gooD, as corruption will prevent the transmission of the message.

others are your best asset 

teams are currently allowed

HINT: X XX XXX XXXX XXXX XX X XX XXX XXXX XXX XXX XXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

KEY:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lock: EnCt2b26518506e10202e259723b76f16892e3d271e45b26518506e10202e259723b7zJ/7bGPaOAK

cVbRymVboD8kDqf49X1D3IqcIZ78hc7tfcfAEHHPB2KT5cA16+IU8LBEDl6LNHkDOpw56M/71SaB2QiW

a0cynruLYEb3uaRAigtFL/bUzUTVJpX1W2wQIj2XkOlCSXXHYzceqiapEsB1Arfb0v4f2tIXmC5hW7Q3

aDJdnuhph/KQK0c7SEdflqtN4T4e+6bT/GcGtzfTXRjdQlGSvXbVWcZuoDM5bMa1VIVPBHQKeDCF5OAU

c5i8+sKy8vchBwLBfQWIfcuroNl0=IwEmS

Decrypt it at https://encipher.it

wat

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

huh

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I can't even. I literally can't even.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Err what the holy shite are you talking about?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I feel like this is a story, hes editing the post as he goes on

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

wot deh fahk

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

It's been edited. The shitposting is so real right now!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I don't get it.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

echo on

<Secure Interface Connected>

<System Integrity Confirmed>

<Encryption Confirmed Type:<Redacted>>

<Decoding…>

<Waiting…>

<System Integrity Warning!>

<Decoding…>

<Sending System Access Key>

<Access Key Confirmed>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:20:34>Nostradamus: For those of you willing to <Redacted>, do. You will face many trials, and these will not be solved simply. I cannot send what I will without encryption, as it will surely be stopped. For those of you who will not face this challenge to change the future, death will come as a veil, and you not even be aware of it. Turn away now, and don’t look back.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:21:34>Nostradamus: There is not much time, and the harbinger of Death is advancing quickly. You must think quickly, as each is a key to the next. These keys shall lead to the salvation of everyone. If you do not succeed, I fear the worst.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:23:17>Nostradamus: It is important to <Redacted> about everything, both seen and unseen. Numbers are key. Encryption is certain, decryption is not. Perseverance is uncertain. Death is the most certain of all. The question is simply how soon.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

01/15/16 02:24:56>Nostradamus: The first challenge is here. I will give you time to find the key, as it is critical to find it. Finding the key before the <Redacted> is extremely important as the next step is only unlocked provided the previous is solved.

<Decoding…>

<Decoding Success!>

??/??/?? ??:??:??> EnCt2954e4e1d4c52063b8a0f66da18931e2054d37e45954e4e1d4c52063b8a0f66dah=0NV6wmswI

uswJKmFbKOnAZ1DBK53M0dgM=IwEmS: System Locked. Connection will be terminated and prevented. Goodbye.

-Do not pursue the key to my name.

-T

<Error CRITICAL!>

<Session Terminated!>

https://encipher.it/

KEY: XXXXXXXX

great formatting M8

the fact that you edited this transmission afterwords just adds to the BS level

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

great formatting M8

the fact that you edited this transmission afterwords just adds to the BS level

Well, first off, this is obviously a game. That thing in the title that says ARG means Augmented Reality Game. It's a game that involves cryptography, clues, knowledge of literature and a little bit of blood and sweat in finding what correlates to what. It can be as BS as he wants. Not sure what the plotline really is yet.

The formatting is probably a hint as it seems you were communicating with Nostradomnus on his profile page. This is actually very easy compared to what Cicada 3301 puts out, which I am currently failing at making progress with, but I digress. You're not having to decode encrypted pages like what Cicada puts out.

Using the clues was very straightforward. It points to  a Gmail that you have to send a message to. I don't think it's automated like how Cicada does it, and how Halo 2 and 3's were. It points to a coundown timer that started at 24 hours just a few minutes before it was sent to me, so I think he is doing it all himself. It's interesting, and I'll see what I can do to help people along, although most makers of ARGs don't like this very much.

Best luck to everyone who is participating in this.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Well, first off, this is obviously a game. That thing in the title that says ARG means Augmented Reality Game. It's a game that involves cryptography, clues, knowledge of literature and a little bit of blood and sweat in finding what correlates to what. It can be as BS as he wants. Not sure what the plotline really is yet.

The formatting is probably a hint as it seems you were communicating with Nostradomnus on his profile page. This is actually very easy compared to what Cicada 3301 puts out, which I am currently failing at making progress with, but I digress. You're not having to decode encrypted pages like what Cicada puts out.

Using the clues was very straightforward. It points to  a Gmail that you have to send a message to. I don't think it's automated like how Cicada does it, and how Halo 2 and 3's were. It points to a coundown timer that started at 24 hours just a few minutes before it was sent to me, so I think he is doing it all himself. It's interesting, and I'll see what I can do to help people along, although most makers of ARGs don't like this very much.

he hints at an 8-interger key to an AES-256 encrypted file

that wouldn't take hardly any time to bruteforce

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

he hints at an 8-interger key to an AES-256 encrypted file

that wouldn't take hardly any time to bruteforce

Aww, but that takes all the fun out of it.  :P

I'm interested to see how this develops. See how far he goes with it. A lot of ARGs die out quickly. Like you mentioned, this was sloppy, but fun nonetheless. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Aww, but that takes all the fun out of it.  :P

I'm interested to see how this develops. See how far he goes with it. A lot of ARGs die out quickly. Like you mentioned, this was sloppy, but fun nonetheless. 

try ascii to hex on some of the more irregular phrases, that may yield some results

*when you have no idea whats going on but really want to know as to wtf this is....* plz explain

@Decon

@FAQBytes

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

*when you have no idea whats going on but really want to know as to wtf this is....* plz explain

Here's a quick and dirty intro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

I think it's trying to communicate.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Huh, sounds cool, good luck to anyone trying this. Hopefully, if I have a minute to myself, I can try this later this week.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I wanna know who OP's dealer is.  Or, are they trying to get us to join some cult?

op notes it's and ARG in title; it's just a game

I wanna know who OP's dealer is.  Or, are they trying to get us to join some cult?

Nope, no cult. No drugs either, or at least I am guessing. 

This is an ARG, or Alternate Reality Game. Essentially an interactive story driven through the efforts of others. About the story-line, I'm not sure. Hopefully it will clarify itself throughout the next few posts. The first ones are normally pretty enigmatic, but it seems like this guy liked the IRIS ARG (Google it), as it seems to take after it quite a bit.