Asus M5A97 R2.0 Bios Overclocking fail error

So I went into the bios of the M5A97 and clicked on the "AI Tweeker:" tab of the bios and it lost response and had to turn off the PC. I then turned it on, no signal, again, this time it boots and says Overclocking fail - F1 to continue, went back in, clicked the tab, same crash.

I just updated my bios to the latest driver and this started happening, all I did was reset it back to defaults and its not overclocked at all.

So I went into the bios of the M5A97 and clicked on the "AI Tweeker:" tab of the bios and it lost response and had to turn off the PC. I then turned it on, no signal, again, this time it boots and says Overclocking fail - F1 to continue, went back in, clicked the tab, same crash.

I just updated my bios to the latest driver and this started happening, all I did was reset it back to defaults and its not overclocked at all.

are you sure you flashed the correct version of bios intended for your motherboard model and revision?

seen people flash gigabyte boards with bios intended for a different revision

try clearing the CMOS - there should be instructions in your manual how to clear CMOS

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

are you sure you flashed the correct version of bios intended for your motherboard model and revision?

yep straight off the asus website

try clearing the CMOS - there should be instructions in your manual how to clear CMOS

Cleared it, I can boot into windows. but it still crashes

Cleared it, I can boot into windows. but it still crashes

contact ASUS

or look if their website offers the previous BIOS version

is there any reason in particular why you flashed the BIOS version?

that's one of the things you don't touch unless it's broken.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

contact ASUS

or look if their website offers the previous BIOS version

is there any reason in particular why you flashed the BIOS version?

that's one of the things you don't touch unless it's broken.

No I don't need to - I backed up the old one, as I knew this might happen, I updated it in case I one day got the new FX CPU's, so I backed up first.

I just wanted to know why really.

No I don't need to - I backed up the old one, as I knew this might happen, I updated it in case I one day got the new FX CPU's, so I backed up first.

I just wanted to know why really.

well something went wrong... all I can guess

should probably contact asus