Is Avexir Core Series RAM any good?

Go to solution Solved by TheGhzGuy,

On Newegg, the cheapest DDR4 16GB kit is this. Is it good? Also, can the LED colors be changed?

Shane

Yeah, should be fine. As for the LED's, no, probably not.

I'm building a 5820K rig and am looking for inexpensive DDR4 Ram. On Newegg, the cheapest DDR4 16GB kit is this. Is it good? Also, can the LED colors be changed?

Shane

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @4.3 GHz; Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus; Cooler: Cryorig H5 Ultimate; RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Black; GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB; Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Window; SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB and 500GB; HDD: WD Blue 1TB; PSU: EVGA 750W P2

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 29UM57; Headset: HyperX Cloud II; Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Mechanical; Mouse: Zowie EC2-A

On Newegg, the cheapest DDR4 16GB kit is this. Is it good? Also, can the LED colors be changed?

Shane

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Ok. Do you think the heatsinks be easily removed?

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @4.3 GHz; Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus; Cooler: Cryorig H5 Ultimate; RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Black; GPU: MSI R9 380 4GB; Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Window; SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB and 500GB; HDD: WD Blue 1TB; PSU: EVGA 750W P2

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 29UM57; Headset: HyperX Cloud II; Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Mechanical; Mouse: Zowie EC2-A

Yes, RAM is just RAM for the most part. It's hard to get a bad chip. 

As for the LEDs, I very much doubt it. If it was controllable, then would advertise it, and the diodes are probably soldered to the PCB. 

Yes, RAM is just RAM for the most part. It's hard to get a bad chip. 

As for the LEDs, I very much doubt it. If it was controllable, then would advertise it, and the diodes are probably soldered to the PCB. 

Ok. Thanks.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

Removing the heatsinks is pretty risky. Depending on how they are attached, you run the risk of pulling the memory chips off if the adhesive is stronger than the solder joints. 

IIRC Avexir RAM has higher voltage requirements , I think due to the LED's, Just a heads up.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Removing the heatsinks is pretty risky. Depending on how they are attached, you run the risk of pulling the memory chips off if the adhesive is stronger than the solder joints. 

Just curious. I could use 3M carbon fiber wrap to cover the lights up.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

They shouldn't as they are not designed to be pulled off.

Also because it has LEDs you might have troubles trying to pull that off.

They shouldn't as they are not designed to be pulled off.

Also because it has LEDs you might have troubles trying to pull that off.

Yeah, I was just wondering.

My Rig:

Peripherals:

Just curious. I could use 3M carbon fiber wrap to cover the lights up.

You could, yep. Might be hard to make it look good, though. 

You could, yep. Might be hard to make it look good, though. 

Fair point. I'll find a way though.

My Rig:

Peripherals: