Will my order be damaged if left out in the cold by delivery man?

mnash

I ordered the Asus z97 mark 1 motherboard and corsair cx500m psu and I don't know if my parents are going to be home to bring it inside and I will be at school so if the delivery man leaves it on the porch in the freezing temperatures will the components be damaged?

They should be fine sitting out there.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

no more so than the rest of the time it's being mishandled. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The components won't freeze or anything, but being in the cold, I would make sure they are absolutely dry before you use them. Bringing them in from the cold will heat them up, and moisture will build up quickly on the surface. Make sure they are room temperature and dry before you use them. Otherwise, you're just fine.

Not really, it depends on how well the components are packaged against the elements.

They would be pretty ok though.

Welcome to the forum, and great job following your topic!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I ordered the Asus z97 mark 1 motherboard and corsair cx500m psu and I don't know if my parents are going to be home to bring it inside and I will be at school so if the delivery man leaves it on the porch in the freezing temperatures will the components be damaged?

im pretty sure, if it's not raining or showing, it should be fine. They are usually instructed to put it in your mailbox OR shielded porch.

Even if it is snowing or taking.

I believe it's really really really hard for the water and rain to seep through inches of foam and coarboard

if its spending any quality time in a truck it will be cold regardless if someone is at home or not

my flightstick was FROZEN when I got it

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The components won't freeze or anything, but being in the cold, I would make sure they are absolutely dry before you use them. Bringing them in from the cold will heat them up, and moisture will build up quickly on the surface. Make sure they are room temperature and dry before you use them. Otherwise, you're just fine.

This.  I just received a replacement PSU on a day when the high temp was -7F, after it warmed up and all the condensation evaporated it was just fine. 

Let them warm and package material dry for several hours, maybe even day. If its really cold outside, like under -15C, take them to semi-warm room like outdoor storage/garage first and let them be there for few hours before bringing them in. Condensation is thing even with packaged content because package material is made from cardboard and foam, both known to collect moisture.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah just as long as it's dry and it's room temperature when you use it. Not sure about the CX500m it's not the ummmmm........ Best power supply in the world I'll say

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

No damage from the cold but bring them in and unpack them then leave it for 24-48 hours.

Why doesn't the delivery man give it to your neighbors..?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Left it defrost and dry up like above have said.

Why doesn't the delivery man give it to your neighbors..?

ahh, innocent Europeans :3

In america your neighbor will either (1) steal your package or (2) if they say they'll pick it up for you, they will forget or do it right before you get home lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

ahh, innocent Europeans :3

In america your neighbor will either (1) steal your package or (2) if they say they'll pick it up for you, they will forget or do it right before you get home lol

lolwat. Here they just immediately give it to your neighbor, and drop a note in your mailbox/door. Then when you come home, you just get it from your neighbor... Weird Americans :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

lolwat. Here they just immediately give it to your neighbor, and drop a note in your mailbox/door. Then when you come home, you just get it from your neighbor... Weird Americans :P

I heard about give it to your neighbor but I didn't know it was an actual policy to give it to them and leave a note. That actual works better.

But yeah, my neighbors have attempted to steal my packages in the past so I wouldn't trust them even with a note from the post lmao

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)