How to get rid of bed bugs?

Alir

Random question, I know.

I just saw what appeared to be a bed bug on my laptop screen. I tried to squish it but it fell somewhere and seems to be playing hide and seek.

Anyone know how to get rid of these buggers?

This isn't the first time I have found them on my table. Gross, I know.

So... What are my choices?

I fear it may have fallen under my laptop keys. I cannot take my keys out which is going to make things difficult. Maybe spray some kind of insect poison in my room and leave the windows open when I'm not home?

Note: I live in south UK. No dangerous or deadly animals or insects here. But I'm curious to know what the worst thing is that bed bugs can do. I assume they can carry diseases? But besides that?

eg. Can they damage electrical equipment?

Edited by Alir

Bite and spread diseases. 

Hire a professional. Like cockroaches, fighting them is damn hard and troublesome.

You kill them

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

rip

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

put your bed mattress under the sun, that usually helps, since they like dark areas 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Hire a professional. Like cockroaches, fighting them is damn hard and troublesome.

^^ this!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

This sounds like a lot of effort.

I'll just move house. :P

I saw some product on shark tank for getting rid off bed bugs, this reminds me I should pirate the latest episode which I haven't seen

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 

put your bed mattress under the sun, that usually helps, since they like dark areas 

He's in the UK, that suggestion won't help ;)

If you're sure it's a proper infestation, rather than just a few on your desk, call a professional. The fact you don't mention having been bitten, and you only find them on your desk makes me doubt that these are bed bugs.

They cannot spread diseases. Bed bugs are literally incapable of such, as the bug makes sure no blood is left on their needle, which they use to suck out your blood. Also, since hopefully only you are sleeping in your bed, it is unlikely that on will simply happen to have a disease through another person, as they live solely on you.

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

They cannot spread diseases. Bed bugs are literally incapable of such, as the bug makes sure no blood is left on their needle, which they use to suck out your blood. Also, since hopefully only you are sleeping in your bed, it is unlikely that on will simply happen to have a disease through another person, as they live solely on you.

Thank You. I wasn't one to care for sleep anyways.

*Curls up in fetal position and watches Requiem for a dream to cheer myself up*

Call pest control/a professional.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

He's in the UK, that suggestion won't help ;)

If you're sure it's a proper infestation, rather than just a few on your desk, call a professional. The fact you don't mention having been bitten, and you only find them on your desk makes me doubt that these are bed bugs.

lol

I don't think it's an infestation.

I haven't been bitten, I don't think. Do bite marks hurt or do I have to get up from my chair and check?

I am not sure if they are bed bugs. Could just be smaller types of insects.

I have found them

1) On my floor (it was reaaally small when I saw it, had a huge flashlight on the carpet and picked it up using a wet tissue. Please don't ask me what I was doing that day. But I did make a new friend 'Bed Bug' as I called him. I killed him.)

2) On my table. This was the most worrying. Having small bugs crawling around on your wooden table? Made me suspect whether they were some type of bug that eats off of wood.

3) laptop screen. This one was curious. Have no idea how it got there or what it was doing. Guy certainly wasn't paying rent. Could it be some other type of insect? I will clean my laptop with a disinfectant spray thing. Is that all I will need to do or is there something else I should do to ensure they don't come back.

{if bed bugs feed off of human blood what was it doing on my screen? Pixels can't be eaten. So should I assume it was something else?}

4) Not sure if I have seen them on my bed. Never really bothered checking.

Why would that help?  They live under cracks in the floorboards behind the wall paper places like that, these places CAN be the bed but not exclusively or even mainly .

They are really miss-named as bed-bugs.

They got this name as they would often bite there victims when they were closed down and not really reacting (i.e. when people were sleeping) so these bugs became associated with beds hence the name bed bugs. There is  the consideration of their size they are not going to travel a relatively large distance to eat so they live near beds (but not necessarily in them).

Strictly speaking they do not give you diseases but your skin (and you) can react to their bites in a VVVbad manner so much so that you do feel as if they have given you something.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Thank You. I wasn't one to care for sleep anyways.

*Curls up in fetal position and watches Requiem for a dream to cheer myself up*

So how did you sleep?  B)

So how did you sleep?  B)

What's sleep? I haven't known this sleep since an ancient power ruled over these lands.

LYSOL.

or pour isopropyl alcohol on your bed and put it in the sun.

ehhhhh, you'll probably ruin your mattress.

I wouldn't care, personally, so long as it killed all the things on my bed.

What's sleep? I haven't known this sleep since an ancient power ruled over these lands.

Is that ancient power known as the bedbug dynasty?

Is that ancient power known as the bedbug dynasty?

You deserve a medal.