Finished painting HAF 912 front grill&optical bays covers,

MulleyUK

Finally finished painting the front grill and optical covers on my HAF912! Soo happy with the finished product and hope to continue modding this build even more...

Feel free to post any mods you have done to your build :)

post-38003-0-51201100-1378144052.jpg

I recently removed the HDD slides from my cheap Cooler Master case. After the removal I put in a Scythe GT fan in the front and reversed the airflow in my case. In from the front and behind. Out from the sidepanel

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I tried painting mesh, but how do you prevent bubbles from forming?

Keep the coats light as possible! also i painted outside under the heat of the sun to allow the coats to dry asap....Let me know if you need any help if youre going to try again :)

Very thin coats.

@op Very nice! keep up the good work.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

And if bubbles occur, have toothpicks on standby to poke them out. That's what I did when I painted my Bitfenix Shinobi.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Finally finished painting the front grill and optical covers on my HAF912! Soo happy with the finished product and hope to continue modding this build even more...

Looks epic :D I'm going to be painting the mesh red on a fractal arc xl when they FINALLY RELEASE IT IN THE UK! HINT HINT! :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Ahhh the good ole haf 912 i had one of these until i upgraded to the Fractal Define XL R2.  I painted the inside of mine since it wasn't the advanced version and changed the red LED on front to a blue LED to match my color scheme.  Was a great little case.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

No offence but i think it's ugly ... :unsure:

Interested in Business and Technology

You should paint the Cooler Master logo to make it stand out a bit

No offence but i think it's ugly ... :unsure:

To each his own when i mod or setup my case i do it so i like it not how anyone else likes it.  So if i'm happy with it screw anyone else my paint job on my Haf 912 on the inside wasn't the best but i made do.

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

You should paint the Cooler Master logo to make it stand out a bit

thats not a bad idea maybe black so it stands out silver in the letters.  Who knows

Keep the coats light as possible! also i painted outside under the heat of the sun to allow the coats to dry asap....Let me know if you need any help if youre going to try again :)

What do you mean thin coats? I used spray paint, if it matters...

And if bubbles occur, have toothpicks on standby to poke them out. That's what I did when I painted my Bitfenix Shinobi.

Yep, I used a needle

What do you mean thin coats? I used spray paint, if it matters...

Yep, I used a needle

I used spray paint aswell..make sure to use left to right motions and never leave the can on the same spot! leave to dry for 5 mins between layers and build multiple layers up to create a strong finishing colour!

thats not a bad idea maybe black so it stands out silver in the letters.  Who knows

@MulleyUK

Like @Wesley maybe a small accent would look great something like a thin stripe around the logo would look great

@MulleyUK

Like @Wesley maybe a small accent would look great something like a thin stripe around the logo would look great

im going to wait until the paint has fully hardened then maybe run some sand paper over the cooler master logo :)

Considering im 15 years old and this is my first time modding/Using a spray can i am happy with it!

Considering im 15 years old and this is my first time modding/Using a spray can i am happy with it!

really cool I am 16 so i know how it feels 

SIGNATURE

Came out great. Nice job, especially for a first time. :)

Build Logs          

Little Red Build Log (HAF XB)            Project Tomb Raider (HAF 912 Mod)

Pollia Condensata Build Log (Showcase PC)            American Patriot (Red White and Blue Build)

why is there a slight blueish tint on that dvd drive tray?

why is there a slight blueish tint on that dvd drive tray?

It's may be the lights in my build or the picture quality...