Minecraft very low FPS

Go to solution Solved by TomvanWijnen,

Is there a way to change it? I never touched the ram allocation.

I can afford like 8-10 GB for it if that is enough

100% sure this is it. Look up how to allocate more, for your use, you'll need AT LEAST 4 GB allocated. :) reply or tag me if you need more help. :)

Hey all, I know this is annoying and hard to fix but I just wanted to play some minecraft with shaders.

I launched the game and it loaded as usual with optifine and shaders 1.8.9  and I hopped into a new singleplayer world.

I had my render distance at 16 and shaders off to begin with and was getting like 0-1 fps and ridiculous choppiness to the point I couldn't even move my mouse.

My system is more than adequate to run this, (pretty sure) (specs in spoiler)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($185.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($243.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($724.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($19.00 @ CPL Online) 
Other: Windows 10 ($100.00)
Total: $2368.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-11 10:29 AEDT+1100

Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I updated Java and Geforce drivers.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

How much RAM are you allocating?

Spoiler

What is your GPU usage and CPU usage at? Did you try any other versions?

Press F3 and in the upper right corner you can see the amount of ram allocated, if you need to see whether that's the problem

100% sure this is it. Look up how to allocate more, for your use, you'll need AT LEAST 4 GB allocated. :) reply or tag me if you need more help. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

What is your GPU usage and CPU usage at? Did you try any other versions?

Press F3 and in the upper right corner you can see the amount of ram allocated, if you need to see whether that's the problem

CPU and GPU both pinned at 60° with 30-40% usage.

I ran minecraft on 1.8.9 VANILLA and it ran perfectly smooth!

this means something is up with the mod. Will check ram allocation now.

Spoiler

Max 3.5

Do you have Optifine downloaded? It truly helps a lot, also turn Fancy graphics off.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

At least? More like a max of 4 allocated, for vanilla and shaders I'll go check my usage right now

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Max 3.5

Do you have Optifine downloaded? It truly helps a lot, also turn Fancy graphics off.

Why should I turn anything down? have you seen my PC specs?

Anyway I am allocating 7 Gb's of RAM now testing this.

Spoiler

Thanks mate, I allocated 7Gigs now running at a smooth 300 FPS

lmao

thanks alot guys

Spoiler

Why should I turn anything down? have you seen my PC specs?

Anyway I am allocating 7 Gb's of RAM now testing this.

No please don't allocate 7. It has been proven that it will actually decrease performance.

For Vanilla minecraft a MAX I mean MAX of 3GBs of needed. I usually sit at around half a gig of usage though sometimes go up to 1. 3 is just in case. Also minecraft runs of ONE core, downloading optifine will split it between TWO cores. Another reason to turn down settings is Java is absolutely  shit.  Fast graphics will improve performance a fair bit, also render distance should not go above 16.

As I justt seen your post, you are allocated about 3-4 useless GBs of RAM to MC. It is un-needed and your RAM usage will never exceed 1.5GBs in vanilla, this is with a 512x TexturePAck and Seus ULTRA Shaders

No please don't allocate 7. It has been proven that it will actually decrease performance.

For Vanilla minecraft a MAX I mean MAX of 3GBs of needed. I usually sit at around half a gig of usage though sometimes go up to 1. 3 is just in case. Also minecraft runs of ONE core, downloading optifine will split it between TWO cores. Another reason to turn down settings is Java is absolutely  shit.  Fast graphics will improve performance a fair bit, also render distance should not go above 16.

Ok, I will try allocating different amounts of ram and finding out which one works

At least now I can play the game hahaha

and also, does minecraft REALLY only run off 2 cpu cores?

That is so stupid! I expected this game to be super CPU bound. Lol, shit programming much

Spoiler

At least? More like a max of 4 allocated, for vanilla and shaders I'll go check my usage right now

For normal minecraft without amy mods, I could sometimes get up to like 3.5GB usage. With world edit, this number coukd more than double.

Thanks mate, I allocated 7Gigs now running at a smooth 300 FPS

lmao

thanks alot guys

:)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

I have only 3gb of ram allocated. I can run MC at 60 fps with max settings, ultra SEUS shaders (Most demanding shaders out there), and 512x512 textures.

As I justt seen your post, you are allocated about 3-4 useless GBs of RAM to MC. It is un-needed and your RAM usage will never exceed 1.5GBs in vanilla, this is with a 512x TexturePAck and Seus ULTRA Shaders

I'm not sure where you got all this crap from, but let's argue :D

My minecraft usually sits at like 2.X GB used. Sometimes it even goes up to 3.5 GB or so, tmand that is without any mods. You're compuser uses less, because it doesn't have as mich horses as ours.

Also, minecraft uses 2 cores, not one.

I have only 3gb of ram allocated. I can run MC at 60 fps with max settings, ultra SEUS shaders (Most demanding shaders out there), and 512x512 textures.

Just wondering, how much RAM does irt actually use?

And I forgot that some areas do take uo much less RAM than others, and that it greatly depends on your render disrance.

That is so stupid! I expected this game to be super CPU bound. Lol, shit programming much

That's true though, Minecraft is very poorly coded.

(sorry for the multiple posts, postjng on your phone, at night, with a super low brightness doesn't help :P)

I'm not sure where you got all this crap from, but let's argue :D

My minecraft usually sits at like 2.X GB used. Sometimes it even goes up to 3.5 GB or so, tmand that is without any mods. You're compuser uses less, because it doesn't have as mich horses as ours.

Also, minecraft uses 2 cores, not one.

Where did I get this info from? Oh I don't playing minecraft since Beta 1.8. I have a 512x Resource Pack, SEUS Ultra shaders and from the different mob farms such as iron golem, squid, guardian farms, blowing up mountains. Let's see... I have never seen my MC go above 2GBs.

Where did I get this info from? Oh I don't playing minecraft since Beta 1.8. I have a 512x Resource Pack, SEUS Ultra shaders and from the different mob farms such as iron golem, squid, guardian farms, blowing up mountains. Let's see... I have never seen my MC go above 2GBs.     

check this out

post-262628-0-56533700-1452472497.png

Spoiler

That might make sense, because both your CPU and GPU are much less prowerful than mine and the OPs, so I suppose you're also running at much lower settings (render distance? Mine is/should be at 16 ;))

check this out

Yup, that can definitely happen :) I've actually had World edit take up 13.5+ GB... Even though I only allocated 12 GB... (it didn't end up working, but that's a different story lol)

That might make sense, because both your CPU and GPU are much less prowerful than mine and the OPs, so I suppose you're also running at much lower settings (render distance? Mine is/should be at 16 ;))

Like I have stated, the only setting that I have low is graphics. I have them on Fast because I simply find them to look better. Other then that, render distance is 16, I can use a 512x resource pack though I use a 32x32 John Smith and SEUS Ultra Shaders. I've got 4 GBs dedicated. Ill get a picture here in a secondpost-221908-0-45141800-1452477043.png

There, with the exact setting I just stated with around 150 entities, a bunch of flowing water and fire near me also.

Like I have stated, the only setting that I have low is graphics. I have them on Fast because I simply find them to look better. Other then that, render distance is 16, I can use a 512x resource pack though I use a 32x32 John Smith and SEUS Ultra Shaders. I've got 4 GBs dedicated. Ill get a picture here in a secondattachicon.gifjava.PNG

There, with the exact setting I just stated with around 150 entities, a bunch of flowing water and fire near me also.

Odd. Will post my usage when I get home.