Counter Strike: Global Offensive | De-rank Fest

The recent CS:GO updates have introduced some modifications to the ranking system; It's been confirmed that there are far too many people reaching The Global Elite and therefore they've made it easier to de-rank but harder to rank up. 

What rank were you before the update and what did you de-rank to? I was at Master Guardian 2 before the update now I'm back to Gold Nova 2.

The recent CS:GO updates have introduced some modifications to the ranking system; It's been confirmed that there are far too many people reaching The Global Elite and therefore they've made it easier to de-rank but harder to rank up. 

What rank were you before the update and what did you de-rank to? I was at Master Guardian 2 before the update now I'm back to Gold Nova 2.

I was LEM, now am GN3

I just went on a hacking joy ride and got banned

done playing that game 

(I didnt hack to get lem, just hacked to have some last minute fun before I quit)

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

I haven't played much since the update but i am supreme and every game i have had so far i have been getting matched with DMG's-MGE's 

i was mg2 now i am g3 , its not interesting the players are awful no one takes it seriously its like its another game now jesus

I didn't know what to put here...

Well on my global account which i didn't play on for 1,5 month i got LE.

And my other global dropped to supreme.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Supreme ... won first game when update arrived ... deranked ...

Magical Pineapples

i was lem before now le, won 4games in a row lost 1 and deranked. the new ranks are good for the game, but now they're silly the games i have are somewhat one sided and usually 1person in each team carries by a lot.

was supreme, won 7 games in a row didnt rank up lost one and de-ranked to LEM.

I haven't played much since the update but i am supreme and every game i have had so far i have been getting matched with DMG's-MGE's 

the rank system is based off the elo system a old system used in chess, your "rank" is just a badge that encompasses a large group of numbers, your elo is your acctual rank, when they moved everyone around they didnt change the "rank" but did change the elo, you are still with the same players it is just that "badge" that changed. now each rank is much harder to gain, mg2 is now nova master. think about it like that. and it may upset players. but in reality EVERYONE is in the same place they were at but the "grouping" changed that is all. your skill and the ones around you are still the same. the "played 7 games lost one to derank" is only true to the "badge" as your elo ranked you on the place you are apposedly going to be. if you solo que what "ranks" are you playing with? that is your "real" rank!

Cheers! hope i helped!

http://i.imgur.com/cqbp42k.png

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

Was DMG, now MG1, i deranked to MGE on a 6 win streak and 1 loss, i was fighting LE/LEM on my 6th win :(

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Nova Master is basically MGE.

i was lem before now le, won 4games in a row lost 1 and deranked. the new ranks are good for the game, but now they're silly the games i have are somewhat one sided and usually 1person in each team carries by a lot.

I was LE, now I am DMG. I lost a ton, won a ton, ranked up, won a game, lost 2 and deranked. Now I've lost like 4 games as DMG and won 3 (heavy wins.) I would be back at LE if I continued my streak but my last match had a cheater with an 85% HS rate and walls. It'll be ages before he gets banned.

Global.. still Global..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

supreme before

lem now

idk what people are crying about, if youre against noobs youll win and rank up

if youre against people of your level then all is good

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

was MGE then deranked to mg2 then mg1 then GNM now some of those deranks happened at a win so I no longer treat the ranks like I used to.

Was LE, now MG2. Glad they made it harder to rank up. Picks out all of the unskilled yet high ranked (boosted), and it increases the skill ceiling.

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."