81 C okay for 980Ti?

Remixt

Finally I managed to get a sweet OC on my 980Ti, (1503 mhz core) 

My temps are around 79-81 though under load. Is this okay?

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

Yup, it's fine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

lol

macbook pro at 89c right now with 10 tabs open

fuckthishit.jpg

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

1503 core?

Not great at overclocking but does that mean 1.5x performance of the stock reference one?

Nvidia designs their reference cooler to hit a target 83C so being able to achieve lower than that is great. 

Yes those temps are safe.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Yes those temps are safe.

Snake: Kept you waiting, huh

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

as long s it doesn't bust 90c you're good.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Snake: Kept you waiting, huh

Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

They'll never look under a moving box

<3

1503 core?

Not great at overclocking but does that mean 1.5x performance of the stock reference one?

wtf?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You're fine, but that is the temperature that the card will start throttling and you probably get some hitches/stutters while gaming.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

That's what my Titan gets, so you are right on par.

You're fine, but that is the temperature that the card will start throttling and you probably get some hitches/stutters while gaming.

My Titan X with the stock cooler went up to 87

My Titan X with the stock cooler went up to 87

You set GPU temp target to 85c?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

You set GPU temp target to 85c?

It was getting way too loud for me, but that didn't really help. I had to get the ACX 2.0 for $70, which is badass.

Sweet overclock! Just make sure it doesn't stay above 90°C.

Also the average boost clock on a enthusiast grade model of a GTX 980Ti is a little under 1300Mhz so don't expect it to live a strong 5 years or something like that. It's really silicone lottery when it comes to the lifespan but you should have enough money to buy a new GPU in 3 years.