Be Quiet! Fans

Bob Jim

Does anyone have ANY idea AT ALL when the fabled SilentWings 3 are being released? BeQuiet! employee on facebook 'guessed' first half of 2015.... anyone have any intel?

Nope, teasers everywhere.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Nope, teasers everywhere.

It really pisses me off when companies do this, it is like bitfenix with their pandora ATX, in the end I just bought my PC, got released a week later. I need fans... so do I wait, or do I buy?

It really pisses me off when companies do this, it is like bitfenix with their pandora ATX, in the end I just bought my PC, got released a week later. I need fans... so do I wait, or do I buy?

I mean... The Silent Wings 2 are really good already, do you need fans better then that?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I mean... The Silent Wings 2 are really good already, do you need fans better then that?

No, but I hate buying something knowing that new ones might come out tomorrow.

No, but I hate buying something knowing that new ones might come out tomorrow.

I mean.. 16.6ish dBA and 50-60 CFM should be plenty, The most they can do is make them quieter ( I can't hear my PURE WINGS 2 at full speed ). So the most you have to worry about is airflow though even then it won't be the night and day difference.

I mean.. 16.6ish dBA and 50-60 CFM should be plenty, The most they can do is make them quieter ( I can't hear my PURE WINGS 2 at full speed ). So the most you have to worry about is airflow though even then it won't be the night and day difference.

So do you reckon I would be absolutely fine in a 250D with a 140mm silentwings 2 at the front, 2 80mm at the back exhausting, and the side fans intaking (for now just fans, later h100i gtx)

wait... or buy the silence wings 3. I have it worst! I brought my 4790k a week later, skylake came out -_- 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

So do you reckon I would be absolutely fine in a 250D with a 140mm silentwings 2 at the front, 2 80mm at the back exhausting, and the side fans intaking (for now just fans, later h100i gtx)

Sure, I don't think a third version will make much difference in performance but instead noise reduction. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.